6 Months On Orange Juice

joaquin

I had the juice of one orange at night, before bed, and brushed my teeth afterwards with a charcoal based homemade toothpaste, and my teeth were sensitive all the next day.
Did you wait at least 15 to 20 minutes before brushing?
For the record, I'm not into the whole orange juice thing here.

Did you wait at least 15 to 20 minutes before brushing?
For the record, I'm not into the whole orange juice thing here.
I probably waited more like an hour after having my orange shake. I am not into all the liquids, much less so much orange juice and milk. I am happy to get my 100% calcium in with 3 glasses of milk and some cheese and I feel adequate. Oranges are not recommended for my 0 blood type, so I am already pushing my luck having two a day. I think the orange peels are really important so I am fine having those two oranges.

For a moment following this thread I thought this was the Grant Genereux forum.

From personal experience, I have zero issues with acidic fruits, coke, or juices. I do consume a lot of dairy. I am 43 yo and have zero cavities with perfect teeth (except for wisdom tooth removal that causes some nerve damage :()

I have no reason for doubting Dr. Peat around his missing teeth issue. I also know 2 friends in real life that lost teeth due to funky diets including carrot juice diets...

This video got me thinking that perhaps a milk and orange diet would be a good endotoxin short term diet / detox plan.
This is my third day of making my orange Julius with the fresh juice and the peels, raw honey and raw milk and I have not had sensitive teeth like I did that first day. I feel great, calm and today my skin seems to have better color. I think having it at bedtime is most important, cause have had 3 nights now if 10 hours of sleep, which has never happened even once this year. I am sure the orange peels have something to do with this, since they are good for pain.

lvysaur

I’m convinced it’s the acid. I started having lots of oranges and satsumas in the last month and one of my teeth chipped for the first time.
I had this happen to me in 2015, except after eating lots of vinegar dressing (which is a stronger acid)
Since then I avoid vinegar completely, but oranges don't cause problems (depends on your enamel strength I guess)

aniciete

I had this happen to me in 2015, except after eating lots of vinegar dressing (which is a stronger acid)
Since then I avoid vinegar completely, but oranges don't cause problems (depends on your enamel strength I guess)
Yeah definitely. I’ve had weak enamel since I was young and acidic foods worsen it. Pretty much all fruit in grocery stores where I live is unripe so maybe that’s why.

OP
Inaut

Inaut

My new thought. OJ should always be freshly squeezed and consumed on an empty stomach, away from food. Add lemon juice and some baking soda and you have delicious medicine. Ratio for oranges to lemons is 3:1.

Apple

My new thought. OJ should always be freshly squeezed and consumed on an empty stomach, away from food. Add lemon juice and some baking soda and you have delicious medicine. Ratio for oranges to lemons is 3:1.
I have always drank juice from fresh oranges. I select only ripe ones. They are much cheaper than a pack of orange juice.
I actually think that store-bought orange juice (or concentrate) might be some how superior because goitrogens from juice possibly degrade during storage time.

Fresh oranges often give me allergy, like runny nose. No matter how ripe they are. Mixing with baking soda doesn't help.

Last edited:
OP
Inaut

Inaut

I have always drank juice from fresh oranges. I select only ripe ones. They are much cheaper than a pack of orange juice.
I actually think that store-bought orange juice (or concentrate) might be some how superior because goitrogens from juice possibly degrade during storage time.

Fresh oranges often give me allergy, like runny nose. No matter how ripe they are. Mixing with baking soda doesn't help.
Well then for everyone else that can tolerate orange juice....

SuperStressed

"Some juices can promote inflammation, but sweet orange juice is safe for a while. A monodiet can sometimes reduce inflammation, by eliminating foods that were causing the problem".

"It contains a small amount of protein, and helps to reduce the need for protein, so it's pretty safe for about ten days".

Interesting!

Oranges are high in histamines, ripe bananas and strawberries too, so if one has challenges with histamines they are going to notice symptoms consuming these fruits. I don’t notice symptoms having fresh squeezed orange juice from ripe oranges unless I have it at night before sleep and then I will be congested in the morning. I don’t think I would do well it with store bought orange juice, so I am not even going to try it. I don’t find bottled juices serve me so well either, so I dilute them, mixing them with half water and add in sugar and salt to the mix. Sugar and salt are natural antihistamines.

“Even when it says, “100% orange juice,” and the label only has one ingredient (orange juice), the juice is likely to contain added flavorings which manufacturers don’t have to include on the label. (Because the synthetic flavor chemicals were “derived” from oranges). Manufacturers do this to keep the flavor of the juice consistent from batch to batch. After squeezing the oranges, the juice is stored in vats where the oxygen is removed—that prevents the juice from spoiling, but also takes out the flavor, so “flavor packs” are added to the juice. Fresh orange juice, is devoid of “flavor packs,” but contains lots of actual flavor.“

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals