Am I consuming aspirin or corn starch?

I have the geri-care aspirin, with the only ingredients being aspirin and cornstarch. I believe Ray said the cornstarch isn't too big a deal, but I know its not as ideal as having the pure aspirin crystals without the starch.

I remember reading somewhere that someone had dissolved a tablet in hot water and then strained it through a coffee filter. When you do this, clear liquid strains through and white powder is left caught in the filter.

I was thinking the clear liquid contains the aspirin and the powder is the starch, but was wondering if someone just could confirm or tell me if it's the opposite.

Thank you!

Pete Rey

That is correct. I don't bother straining it. The gericare tablets dissolve almost instantly, then I give it a good stir, let it settle for 20 minutes or so, and simply pour off the liquid into another glass. I also dissolve baking soda in the water to buffer the acid as suggested by Danny Roddy. Otherwise you have to make sure it's dilute enough so that it doesn't burn going down. This way I can easily take doses of 1 to 2 grams.

Pete Rey

I just stir it to make sure the aspirin is evenly dissolved in the water and not concentrated at the bottom of the glass. It doesn't take long to settle again.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
I have the geri-care aspirin, with the only ingredients being aspirin and cornstarch. I believe Ray said the cornstarch isn't too big a deal, but I know its not as ideal as having the pure aspirin crystals without the starch.

I remember reading somewhere that someone had dissolved a tablet in hot water and then strained it through a coffee filter. When you do this, clear liquid strains through and white powder is left caught in the filter.

I was thinking the clear liquid contains the aspirin and the powder is the starch, but was wondering if someone just could confirm or tell me if it's the opposite.

Thank you!
This product has no starch, as far as I can tell.

OP
C
Awesome thanks guys. Yeah, next time I'll just get the pure aspirin powder, but I dont want to waste the ones I have now.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals