Artemisinin Vs. MB Vs. Vitamin C

OP
Zpol

Zpol

There's another option available in case of persisting infections: the Bob Beck blood electrifier: efficient and affordable.
Here's a collection of testimonials for a variety of conditions: Bob Beck
I'll look into it. Thanks for the tip.

OP
Zpol

Zpol

Have you had any success?

I have not tried the Bob Beck Protocol. Artemisinin gave me stomach issues, MB did absolutely nothing, and Vitamin C gave me either painful gas/bloating (from the natural types) or gastritis (from the synthetic types). I'm now working on mineral balance, taking B-vit's, and extra glycine in addition too red/orange light therapy and nUVB light. For a while I took lots of Monolaurin which really helped me get through a rough spot.

Lurker

I have not tried the Bob Beck Protocol. Artemisinin gave me stomach issues, MB did absolutely nothing, and Vitamin C gave me either painful gas/bloating (from the natural types) or gastritis (from the synthetic types). I'm now working on mineral balance, taking B-vit's, and extra glycine in addition too red/orange light therapy and nUVB light. For a while I took lots of Monolaurin which really helped me get through a rough spot.

Good that you found something that worked. Have you tried regular coconut oil? I was under the impression that CO had similar effects to monolaurin with a high percentage of lauric acid that basically turned into monolaurin.

What are you doing for minerals?

OP
Zpol

Zpol

Have you tried regular coconut oil? I was under the impression that CO had similar effects to monolaurin with a high percentage of lauric acid that basically turned into monolaurin.

What are you doing for minerals?

That's true about coconut oil but Monolaurin is more concentrated so less volume is needed (which is helpful if you have gastroparesis), and Monolaurin has zero PUFA, so extra bonus.

As for minerals, currently I'm just trying to up the amount of green veg, making sure to eat with lots of sugar carbs. It's getting easier as my guts improve. I just started a zero starch approach and this is helping me tolerate higher volumes of foods. I still have the artemisinin and plan to use it again instead of MB or Vit C, now that I have a better understanding of beneficial oxidation and reactive oxygen species. There's a post by @Obi-wan that explains this all very well... A Case For High ROS, Antioxidants Are Useless And Potentially Harmful!

Much thanks to @Obi-wan for explaining this!

Obi-wan

That's true about coconut oil but Monolaurin is more concentrated so less volume is needed (which is helpful if you have gastroparesis), and Monolaurin has zero PUFA, so extra bonus.

As for minerals, currently I'm just trying to up the amount of green veg, making sure to eat with lots of sugar carbs. It's getting easier as my guts improve. I just started a zero starch approach and this is helping me tolerate higher volumes of foods. I still have the artemisinin and plan to use it again instead of MB or Vit C, now that I have a better understanding of beneficial oxidation and reactive oxygen species. There's a post by @Obi-wan that explains this all very well... A Case For High ROS, Antioxidants Are Useless And Potentially Harmful!

Much thanks to @Obi-wan for explaining this!

Your welcome @Zpol. Keep in mind that Glycine is a precursor to Glutamine our master antioxidant. Because of my condition I personally do not do well with Glycine (Chicken or bone broth).

OP
Zpol

Zpol

Keep in mind that Glycine is a precursor to Glutamine our master antioxidant. Because of my condition I personally do not do well with Glycine (Chicken or bone broth).
You mean glutathione I assume. Yes I also have problems with bone broth, I thought it was due to the high arginine and histadine, but now I have to reconsider my stance on that. The arginine in bone broth often gets blamed for viral flare ups (herpes types and even HIV) but maybe the glycine is a bigger factor.
I have so much more to learn on this topic. I have inflammatory bowel disease, SIBO, autoimmune disease, hair loss, and dormant viruses that come out frequently. Glycine and bone broth are highly recommend for these but neither give me noticable benefits. I have blood serum tests indicating I have low glutathione, vitamin C, and other anti-oxidants, so maybe that's a good thing.

Obi-wan

You mean glutathione I assume. Yes I also have problems with bone broth, I thought it was due to the high arginine and histadine, but now I have to reconsider my stance on that. The arginine in bone broth often gets blamed for viral flare ups (herpes types and even HIV) but maybe the glycine is a bigger factor.
I have so much more to learn on this topic. I have inflammatory bowel disease, SIBO, autoimmune disease, hair loss, and dormant viruses that come out frequently. Glycine and bone broth are highly recommend for these but neither give me noticable benefits. I have blood serum tests indicating I have low glutathione, vitamin C, and other anti-oxidants, so maybe that's a good thing.
Sorry, yes glutathione

Obi-wan

For your review https://www.amazon.com/Wellness-Res...&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1#customerReviews

OP
Zpol

Zpol

Darn it! I'm highly allergic to citrus peel. Interestingly, d-Limonene was recommended to me a couple times already but for it's anti-oxidant effects, so I'm not sure how it fits in to all this, it seems to me it would prevent the oxidative effect we are wanting. Also I read it's beneficial for GERD, which I have, and is what prompted my research into it in the first place.

Mainly I get contact dermatitis from it and mouth ulcers, apparently I'm not the only one according to this post by Haduit...
Limonene Reduces Serotonin During Stress

With anything there's pros and cons.

Obi-wan

Darn it! I'm highly allergic to citrus peel. Interestingly, d-Limonene was recommended to me a couple times already but for it's anti-oxidant effects, so I'm not sure how it fits in to all this, it seems to me it would prevent the oxidative effect we are wanting. Also I read it's beneficial for GERD, which I have, and is what prompted my research into it in the first place.

Mainly I get contact dermatitis from it and mouth ulcers, apparently I'm not the only one according to this post by Haduit...
Limonene Reduces Serotonin During Stress

With anything there's pros and cons.
Read this d-Limonene sensitizes docetaxel-induced cytotoxicity in human prostate cancer cells: Generation of reactive oxygen species and induction of apoptosis

Obi-wan

I can't say I understand it all yet, but it seems like promising research. Wish I knew all this years ago when my grandpa was suffering with prostate cancer.

It helps generate ROS and lower GSH

Mossy

- Raw garlic (whether by itself or mixed with homey and water) wreaks havoc on any stomach for about 3 minutes, and then it subsides. One can alleviate a little this problem by eating something before taking it.
I thought it may help to share that I took raw garlic for the first time and followed this advice. Being overly cautious, I ate first, then took the minced bulb in honey on a fork. Maybe a very slight sensation in the stomach, but nothing else. Next time I think I’ll try with no food, as I want it to be as potent as possible. I’m trying to knock out a slight flu that has probably transitioned into a cold.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals