Axienty

Nimo

Hello, can some one explain me, axienty goes always with high cortisol/adrenalin? Ray and other sad, cortisol/adrenalin increase body temperature and adrenaline heart rate. So if someone get axienty always with cold hands and feets, does that mean, he can have axienty without increased cortisol? During axienty, sugar dont change that state.
Is axienty more neurological problem then hormonal?

Thanks

youngsinatra

Hello, can some one explain me, axienty goes always with high cortisol/adrenalin? Ray and other sad, cortisol/adrenalin increase body temperature and adrenaline heart rate. So if someone get axienty always with cold hands and feets, does that mean, he can have axienty without increased cortisol? During axienty, sugar dont change that state.
Is axienty more neurological problem then hormonal?

Thanks
Short term / acute stress increases body temperature and pulse to liberate energetic resources to overcome any perceived threat.
Chronic stress on the other hand decreases body temperature and pulse over time, because the body tries to lower the energetic demands placed on the organism, that was unable to be met for a long time.

Anxiety is primarily driven by adrenaline, cortisol, high lactate, low CO2.
Carb-rich meal with a lean protein source (to lower cortisol), salted to taste (to lower adrenaline), thiamin and magnesium supplementation (to lower lactate and increase CO2) is my go to strategy to lower subjective anxiety.

Alleviating a potential calcium deficiency also helps me tremendously for anxiety. (by keeping the calcium:phosphate ratio at least 1:1)

OP
N

Nimo

Short term / acute stress increases body temperature and pulse to liberate energetic resources to overcome any perceived threat.
Chronic stress on the other hand decreases body temperature and pulse over time, because the body tries to lower the energetic demands placed on the organism, that was unable to be met for a long time.

Anxiety is primarily driven by adrenaline, cortisol, high lactate, low CO2.
Carb-rich meal with a lean protein source (to lower cortisol), salted to taste (to lower adrenaline), thiamin and magnesium supplementation (to lower lactate and increase CO2) is my go to strategy to lower subjective anxiety.

Alleviating a potential calcium deficiency also helps me tremendously for anxiety. (by keeping the calcium:phosphate ratio at least 1:1)
i dont feel stressed, i eat about 500g carbs a day/ 4 meals and OJ between, if im axious, carbs doesnt help. if i eat 130g carbs per meal ( about 50g from sugar/honey/maple syrup) i feel very warm, unpleasant, like i have hot flushs. im about 15%bf and 27yo, Ray sad hotflush are from estrogen but i dont feel like i have to much estrogen or any hormonal problem. when im too warm, sometimes my hands and feets are sweating. sometime im axious during hotflush, sometime i feel cold hands and feets, sometime i feel calm even when cold hands and feets.

youngsinatra

i dont feel stressed, i eat about 500g carbs a day/ 4 meals and OJ between, if im axious, carbs doesnt help. if i eat 130g carbs per meal ( about 50g from sugar/honey/maple syrup) i feel very warm, unpleasant, like i have hot flushs. im about 15%bf and 27yo, Ray sad hotflush are from estrogen but i dont feel like i have to much estrogen or any hormonal problem. when im too warm, sometimes my hands and feets are sweating. sometime im axious during hotflush, sometime i feel cold hands and feets, sometime i feel calm even when cold hands and feets.
I know what you mean. Maybe the carb amount is too high per meal?

Also 130g of carbs seem kind of excessive to me. Have you tried to lower it per meal?
Like a 2:1 ratio of carb:protein?

OP
N

Nimo

I know what you mean. Maybe the carb amount is too high per meal?

Also 130g of carbs seem kind of excessive to me. Have you tried to lower it per meal?
Like a 2:1 ratio of carb:protein?
about hot flush, im experiencing right now, maybe it can be honey or white sugar or juices, till now i was eating alot carbs, but mostly rice, potato, oats and some fruits. not that much honey, sugar and juices. so im watching how my body react, but axienty i had before,

youngsinatra

about hot flush, im experiencing right now, maybe it can be honey or white sugar or juices, till now i was eating alot carbs, but mostly rice, potato, oats and some fruits. not that much honey, sugar and juices. so im watching how my body react, but axienty i had before,
I do best with lots of starchy carbs and additional fructose. (but only like 100g, which is sufficient to fill liver glycogen)

Do what works for you.

And by the way - If you are lacking thiamin, magnesium, biotin or other co-factors of glucose oxidation, you waste a lot of glucose in glycolysis instead of oxidative phosphorylation, resulting in high lactate and low CO2, which is known to trigger anxiety.

OP
N

Nimo

I do best with lots of starchy carbs and additional fructose. (but only like 100g, which is sufficient to fill liver glycogen)

Do what works for you.

And by the way - If you are lacking thiamin, magnesium, biotin or other co-factors of glucose oxidation, you waste a lot of glucose in glycolysis instead of oxidative phosphorylation, resulting in high lactate and low CO2, which is known to trigger anxiety.
if i take supplements that should support glucose oxidation i feel bad, i tried benfothiamine, thiamine hcl, niacinamide, those works only in very small dosages. i feel good energetic. i use magnesium, taurine. my diet looks last years same as yours, alot starches, meat, eggs, i add bonebroth extra to my breakfast, collagen, some veggies, i cant get dairy, because they make me axienty, but no digest issue... im supplement vitamin E without problems and some times shilajit and sporeprobiotic whitch i find helpful days before. now i experiment with simple sugars

youngsinatra

Okay! Any signs of histamine intolerance? I know personally that high histamine levels correlate with full blown panic for me.
I did suffer from it badly in the past but was able to reverse it.

youngsinatra

if i take supplements that should support glucose oxidation i feel bad, i tried benfothiamine, thiamine hcl, niacinamide, those works only in very small dosages. i feel good energetic. i use magnesium, taurine. my diet looks last years same as yours, alot starches, meat, eggs, i add bonebroth extra to my breakfast, collagen, some veggies, i cant get dairy, because they make me axienty, but no digest issue... im supplement vitamin E without problems and some times shilajit and sporeprobiotic whitch i find helpful days before. now i experiment with simple sugars
What is your calcium source? Highly undervalued in my opinion. Also have you measured your vitamin D status via blood test?
Possible copper deficiency? Just making suggestions.

OP
N

Nimo

What is your calcium source? Highly undervalued in my opinion. Also have you measured your vitamin D status via blood test?
Possible copper deficiency? Just making suggestions.
no histamine problem, i dont have enought calcium i know, but hard to get enought without dairy and milk. Idk D vitamin but im alot on sun without sunscreen. and in past i supplement some D3 but then stopped. I eat beef liver grass fed 1x week for last 1 year. hope copper is good too :D

youngsinatra

I highly recommend investigating more into the calcium piece of Ray Peat.
I think it is one of the most important aspects of the diet, that improved so
many things for me. I highly undervalued it for a long time before finding Ray‘s work.

I feel so much more stable mentally with enough calcium, calm mind, no runny thoughts, seemingly more happy, upbeat.

jet9

I highly recommend investigating more into the calcium piece of Ray Peat.
I think it is one of the most important aspects of the diet, that improved so
many things for me. I highly undervalued it for a long time before finding Ray‘s work.

I feel so much more stable mentally with enough calcium, calm mind, no runny thoughts, seemingly more happy, upbeat.
How are you getting your calcium without dairy?

youngsinatra

How are you getting your calcium without dairy?
I have a very good mineral water in germany luckily, with 600mg ionic calcium per liter.

Otherwise I would use pharmagrade calcium carbonate powder and mix it in my ground beef or coffee.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals