B6 Vs P5p

Blue Water

Hey everyone,

As part of a mineral balancing protocol the company, Trace Elements Inc, wants me to take a supplement with 100mg of b6 and 1mg p5p. I'm not sure what the rationale behind this is. From what I understand , high doses of inactive b6 can cause nerve damage, whereas the active form does not. Why would the company be choosing to pack in so much b6 while adding in just a tiny active amount? I believe there must be some strategic reason behind this, but I don't understand it. If any of you can figure it out, it would be very helpful for me.

Thank you!

Hey everyone,

As part of a mineral balancing protocol the company, Trace Elements Inc, wants me to take a supplement with 100mg of b6 and 1mg p5p. I'm not sure what the rationale behind this is. From what I understand , high doses of inactive b6 can cause nerve damage, whereas the active form does not. Why would the company be choosing to pack in so much B6 while adding in just a tiny active amount? I believe there must be some strategic reason behind this, but I don't understand it. If any of you can figure it out, it would be very helpful for me.

Thank you!

Because they believe you to be uninformed and quite possibly because they are uninformed. The 100mg B6 is dosed that way because they are imbiciles; the 1mg p5p is added to impress low knowledge individuals in an attempt to justify a higher price.

The neuropathy you mentioned is a risk. A small amount (15-20mg) of b6 or a small amount (5-10mg) of p5p at a time is the smart way to dose.

Riboflavin should improve how you respond to B6. B6 metabolism is dependent on FAD and FMN.

Yes, it could indeed be preying on low info consumers, especially if they do not disclose the ratios, which is possible in the USA via proprietary formulation or other type of fraudulent labeling; and the dosage of pyridoxine is just too high.

Frankdee20

Honestly, standard B6 lost it’s effectiveness for me after a bit, and then I read that it can induce P5P shortages... Switched to P5P and never had any issues ....

OP
B

Blue Water

Because they believe you to be uninformed and quite possibly because they are uninformed. The 100mg B6 is dosed that way because they are imbiciles; the 1mg p5p is added to impress low knowledge individuals in an attempt to justify a higher price.

The neuropathy you mentioned is a risk. A small amount (15-20mg) of b6 or a small amount (5-10mg) of p5p at a time is the smart way to dose.

Riboflavin should improve how you respond to B6. B6 metabolism is dependent on FAD and FMN.
Thanks for the response. Does p5p have similar nerve damage risks at higher doses as well?

Thanks for the response. Does p5p have similar nerve damage risks at higher doses as well?

No, it is precisely this risk which p5p mitigates. But there is typically no need to take 100mg of p5p either. I believe Dinkov says p5p is roughly 10x the potency of regular B6.

I've experienced a weird sensations running through my feet to my head when I would transition from seated to standing, but then I had been taking 25-50mg/day for quite a while. The problem ended upon cessation.

If you've never taken before, you can take a small dose daily for days, weeks, even months. But eventually you should reduce frequency, stop for a short period, or stop for a long period.

GorillaHead

I know absolutely believe there are different affects from pyridoxine vs p5p. P5p does nothing for me

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals