Best time to take Saturated Fats for protection

Tzheng2012

I am living in a situation where the food is cooked with sunflower oil. My only option is to mitigate the damage done by PUFA. I have coconut oil available to me and am wondering how is the best way to take it for protection from PUFA. Before the PUFA meal, during, or after?

Any other PUFA mitigating supplements or strategies are welcome.

cremes

Vitamin E is the classic mitigation for PUFA. Check out tocovit from idealabsdc.com

Also use the search function on this forum for other answers.

LucH

HI,
Coconut oil at breakfast is best for hormones. 50% SFA for structure.
I confirm: toco is able to modify PUFA (2 sorts toco's). But I'd add some betacarotens, only from veggies and fruits (no supplement if smoker).
25 UI toco every day needed, according to Massterjohn. 40 - 50 optimal, according to me if problem, especially if PUFA taken. If 400 UI, 2 or 3 times a week. Too much of a good thing is bad.
I'd take 100 mcg sléniuomethionine too, 3x/wk to protect brain.
Interaction.
Info:
“When a radical attacks a polyunsaturated fatty acid, the vitamin E molecule intervenes or repairs it by taking the single electron; in the latter case, itself oxidized, it can no longer continue its reductive mission. It is then eliminated by the body or reduced by vitamin C in order to return to service (recycling, editor's note), and it is then the latter which will be eliminated. »

“Vitamin C regenerates vitamin E and vitamin E protects β-carotene, helped by polyphenols. In the case of β-carotene supplementation, vitamin C regenerates vitamin E and β-carotene, and β-carotene seems to protect vitamin E without us really being able to explain this phenomenon.
Sources and references:
1. John Libbey Eurotext - Anti-oxidants of food origin: diversity, modes of antioxidant action, interactions. Author: Claude Louis Léger.
2. Vitamine E: Plus qu'une vitamine Avoid excess antioxidants (hormesis and cytochrome P450).
NB: Tocotrienols are known to be more effective in cases of inflammatory pathology, but are more fragile (oxidized). They must therefore be recycled (vit C).

OP
T

Tzheng2012

Vitamin E is the classic mitigation for PUFA. Check out tocovit from idealabsdc.com

Also use the search function on this forum for other answers.
Yeah taking Unique E atm.

HI,
Coconut oil at breakfast is best for hormones. 50% SFA for structure.
I confirm: toco is able to modify PUFA (2 sorts toco's). But I'd add some betacarotens, only from veggies and fruits (no supplement if smoker).
25 UI toco every day needed, according to Massterjohn. 40 - 50 optimal, according to me if problem, especially if PUFA taken. If 400 UI, 2 or 3 times a week. Too much of a good thing is bad.
I'd take 100 mcg sléniuomethionine too, 3x/wk to protect brain.
Interaction.
Info:
“When a radical attacks a polyunsaturated fatty acid, the vitamin E molecule intervenes or repairs it by taking the single electron; in the latter case, itself oxidized, it can no longer continue its reductive mission. It is then eliminated by the body or reduced by vitamin C in order to return to service (recycling, editor's note), and it is then the latter which will be eliminated. »

Sources and references:
1. John Libbey Eurotext - Anti-oxidants of food origin: diversity, modes of antioxidant action, interactions. Author: Claude Louis Léger.
2. Vitamine E: Plus qu'une vitamine Avoid excess antioxidants (hormesis and cytochrome P450).
NB: Tocotrienols are known to be more effective in cases of inflammatory pathology, but are more fragile (oxidized). They must therefore be recycled (vit C).
Can you explain why taking coconut oil at breakfast helps hormones and not say if taken at lunch?

Wow didn’t know I only needed so little vitamin E. Been taking pills and it’s 400iu each… did it for a few months already lol

LucH

Can you explain why taking coconut oil at breakfast helps hormones and not say if taken at lunch?
At breakfast is best. OK at lunch too but ...
Why SFA (coconut oil) at breakfast for hormones
We know PUFA inhibit thyroid hormone activity
(Clarke and Hembree 1990), and we must balance a lot with SFA to mitigate the depressing effects on the metabolism, whenever in excess; and it’s often the case (6 to 10 gr PUFA required from foodstuff, not processed).
See RP for details ("Oils in context"):
Ray Peat

Dr Thierry Hertoghe, endocrinologist, advises eating saturated fatty acids at breakfast. Hormonal impact. Probably because steroid hormones are made from SFA. To start the day off right. Also as a positive impact “to dress the carbohydrates” (SFA and MUFA, preferably) (Jessie Inchauspé => How to handle glycemia best).

@LucH Do any fatty acids in coconut oil induce constipation anymore?

LucH

I won't say that for fats, in general. I know, on my experience, that whenever I eat a lot of fats (3 categories) I go to WC more often (stool).
And some people have the opposite problem when they aren't able to digest fats (diarrhea). Lacks of digestive enzymes ten.

@LucH Good point about diarrhea, if I increase fat that happens to me. I'll take a look at digestive enzymes, anything you can recommend?

LucH

anything you can recommend?
Sorry but I'm not free here. When I give a link, I'm +/ censored. Can't see my post for 2 days (...) I suppose to be discourage to post too often. Not always Peaty. I can understand if I give more work to moderation ;) (second degree).

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals