Blood work shows low Thyroid. Doc prescribed low dose naltrexone as first line treatment.

Ringleader

Forum Supporter
Hi all,

I have long suspected that I had a thryoid issue of some kind due to chronic joint and muscle pain, fatigue, and brain fog symptoms. My doctor has consistently downplayed any possibility of that, but was quick to provide an ADHD diagnosis and a stim Rx. While I have always been wary of the risks of stim use, I have used them since obtaining the Rx as a bandaid to help me get through my responsibilities. Yet, I know that I have to address these root causes.

My most recent bloodwork finally came back and showed my Thyroid was out of range low, instead of just being within range on the low side. I do wonder if the stim usage has possibly pushed my body to this level over the past year or so.

My doc's response was to prescribe low dose Naltrexone, which I have yet to even take despite having the bottle for a while now because I wanted to do more research on its safety and efficacy.

Does anyone have any ideas about whether this is worth trying and if it could actually help? Or should I just make sure to not take no for an answer when asking to be referred to an endocrinologist at my next appt?

I have attached the blood work below.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Attachments

• 10.4.23 blood work-redacted.pdf
    616.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 10.4.23 TPO test redacted.pdf
    124.7 KB · Views: 16

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
This guy resolved his joint pain with a low "vitamin A" and low toxin diet:

OP
Ringleader

Ringleader

Forum Supporter
Also, I should mention that I am especially concerned about whether LDN would make my primary symptoms of muscle tightness and joint pain worse, since I have read some accounts have LDN causing some issues there. Is that a concern initially, or is that just something that can happen when taking LDN for an extended period of time?

OP
Ringleader

Ringleader

Forum Supporter
This guy resolved his joint pain with a low "vitamin A" and low toxin diet:

Thank you, I'll check this thread out!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals