Coke lowers Serotonin - Increases Dopamine

LadyRae

Have been avoiding coke for a while.

Found this study: Carbonated soft drinks induce oxidative stress and alter the expression of certain genes in the brains of Wistar rats

In addition, soft drink consumption upregulated mRNA expression of dopamine D2 receptor (DD2R), while 5-hydroxytryptamine transporter (5‑HTT) expression was decreased.

Anyway, drank a coke earlier, and had a desire to listen to music which sounded awesome.
I thought you meant cocaine, at first. Many years ago I had to stop because it was TOO much fun😂

Jessie

I always appreciate the coke studies when they're positive, but even if they weren't, I'd still drink a coke on occasion. :tearsofjoy:

Herbie

Didn't Dr. Peat have commentary on cocaine? I wonder what coca really does to the body. I need to do some reading!
There is and old newsletter he wrote sticking up for pregnant women using cocaine in the context of it being no better or worse than alcohol which isn't good for pregnant women of baby's but prefers the lidocaine or procaine, its the "caine" substances for anti inflammatory action.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals