Cortisol

Iron Man

I am getting my cortisol tested in about 6 weeks. I am about 90% sure it is high. I am a stressy kind of person, uptight and find it hard to relax.

What is the best way to lower cortisol?

Thanks,

DankMemes

Constant intake of sugar and making sure to eat lots of carbs with your protein heavy meals.

OP
I

Iron Man

I am not sure that we really discussed the cortisol solution much? Previous thread covered more on the cholesterol and triglycerides and these seem to be going down now (slowly).

Thanks.

Mittir

One non-Peaty thing that lowers cortisol is Meditation. There are some studies that shows
significant decrease in cortisol in regular meditation. One study found meditating 30 minutes a day for 8
weeks increased gray matter. It was mindfulness meditation.
http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2 ... ter-brain/

Regular meditation has completely changed my mental state, it is very hard for me to
get stressed and worried now.

Makrosky

Mittir said:
Regular meditation has completely changed my mental state, it is very hard for me to

Hey Mittir!
Which kind of meditation did you do, if I might ask ? Mindfulness ?

You did it by yourself or in a class/seminar/whatever?

Thanks

Mittir

Makrosky said:
Mittir said:

Hey Mittir!

Thanks

I learned meditation from a yoga teacher when i was a teenager. It was very helpful
but now i do a simpler version of meditation i learned from a youtube video. I find his method much easier
and effective. Main focus is to keep the spine erect and focusing on forehead and
crown chakra. I do not try to stop thinking, but mind gets calmer and almost thought free after
10 to 20 minutes, depending on my diet and sleep.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRCfsEnrHkw

Makrosky

Mittir said:
post 104261
Makrosky said:
Mittir said:

Hey Mittir!

Thanks

I learned meditation from a yoga teacher when i was a teenager. It was very helpful
but now i do a simpler version of meditation i learned from a youtube video. I find his method much easier
and effective. Main focus is to keep the spine erect and focusing on forehead and
crown chakra. I do not try to stop thinking, but mind gets calmer and almost thought free after

superb! Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

honeybee

Mittir said:
post 104261
Makrosky said:
Mittir said:

Hey Mittir!

Thanks

Thank you Mittir for this . I have been implementing @least 10 minutes of mindfulness meditation in the eve fine past week. It has really helped clear my mind and reduce stress. Makes it easier for me to drop off to sleep.
I always thought medication was too difficult but this seems relatively easy for me.

Mittir

honeybee said:
Thank you Mittir for this . I have been implementing @least 10 minutes of mindfulness meditation in the eve fine past week. It has really helped clear my mind and reduce stress. Makes it easier for me to drop off to sleep.
I always thought medication was too difficult but this seems relatively easy for me.

I really his style, he made it really simple.I think Most Yoga teachers seem to make things
unnecessarily complicated. I find mindfulness bit stressful. I think the main benefit of
meditation comes from increased blood supply to brain in meditative posture.

I am really amazed by the power of meditation. If you can, try meditating just after waking up,
even 5 minutes. I can quickly get in the meditative state in the morning and it carries on for rest of the day.
Even when i can not get in to deep meditative state, i feel calmer afterwards.
I use mediation as a tool to gauge my diet and health. If it takes too long to get into
deep state i know that metabolism is not right.

honeybee

Mittir said:
post 109464
honeybee said:

I really his style, he made it really simple.I think Most Yoga teachers seem to make things
unnecessarily complicated. I find mindfulness bit stressful. I think the main benefit of
meditation comes from increased blood supply to brain in meditative posture.

I am really amazed by the power of meditation. If you can, try meditating just after waking up,
even 5 minutes. I can quickly get in the meditative state in the morning and it carries on for rest of the day.
Even when i can not get in to deep meditative state, i feel calmer afterwards.
I use mediation as a tool to gauge my diet and health. If it takes too long to get into
deep state i know that metabolism is not right.

I tried meditation this morning after waking up. I will keep trying. Thanks Mittir.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals