CreGAAtine vs creatine monohydrate: 8.5 times more effective?

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Hell yeah brother - thank you for this write-up.

mgrabs

This always happens to me but at whatever dose i take which is anywhere from 2.5 - 5 grams a day i always look puffy.

I definitely hold onto water more than normal. No matter how hydrated I am etc. i did it for the past 6 weeks. I just stopped 3 days ago & I look so much better off of it.

Does anyone have this issue with creatine? The pumps were obviously good in the gym but Id rather stay at a normal composition look. Im lean as it is and I appreciate the dryer healthy look than big & puffy

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
This always happens to me but at whatever dose i take which is anywhere from 2.5 - 5 grams a day i always look puffy.

I definitely hold onto water more than normal. No matter how hydrated I am etc. i did it for the past 6 weeks. I just stopped 3 days ago & I look so much better off of it.

Does anyone have this issue with creatine? The pumps were obviously good in the gym but Id rather stay at a normal composition look. Im lean as it is and I appreciate the dryer healthy look than big & puffy
I've heard that people who get poofy from creatine monohydrate don't from creatine HCL.

FitnessMike

i take whichever that doesnt cause onset insomnia :D

according to reddit its not just me struggling with this.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Wait until you see the study coming out on basketball players.

It will prove once and for all that CreGAAtine is superior to simple Creatine monohydrate.
I debunked the 1 study showing that CreGAAtine is 8.5 times better, so I doubt that the other study will show anything different. However, I'm all for finding new superior supplements. I just don't like false marketing and over-hyping.

dukesbobby777

TBH, even if creGGatine was just as efficacious as normal creatine monohydrate, if it transpired that it came without the water retention side effect, that would be a huge bonus, and a reason why many may opt to chose it. Personally i don't notice the water retention from creatine monohydrate.

mgrabs

TBH, even if creGGatine was just as efficacious as normal creatine monohydrate, if it transpired that it came without the water retention side effect, that would be a huge bonus, and a reason why many may opt to chose it. Personally i don't notice the water retention from creatine monohydrate.
Makes sense. My buddy has a similar build as me and he doesn’t hold a drop of water from the same dose as me. I wonder if kidney or liver function has something to do w it?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals