Dancing Plague Of 1518

Drareg

We are not far off this level of hysteria at this point, people in those times would have gone to other villages telling the locals they witnessed a dancing plague and were probably labeled conspiracy theorists.

The disinformation campaign was alive and well for the dancing plague also!
The "experts" say it was from starvation induced stress, dancing for days while on an empty stomach, sounds like an ancient form of keto.

"The dancing plague (or dance epidemic) of 1518 was a case of dancing mania that occurred in Strasbourg, Alsace (now modern-day France), in the Holy Roman Empire in July 1518. Somewhere between 50 and 400 people took to dancing for days".

"Controversy exists over whether people ultimately danced to their deaths.
Some sources claim that, for a period, the plague killed around fifteen people per day;[2] however, the sources of the city of Strasbourg at the time of the events did not mention the number of deaths, or even if there were fatalities. There do not appear to be any sources contemporaneous to the events that make note of any fatalities".

The main source for this claim comes from John Waller, who has written several journal articles on the subject and the book "A Time to Dance, a Time to Die: The Extraordinary Story of the Dancing Plague of 1518". The sources cited by Waller that mention deaths were all from later retellings of the events. There is also uncertainty around the identity of the initial dancer (either an unnamed woman or "Frau Troffea") and the number of dancers involved (somewhere between 50 and 400)

"This could have been a florid example of psychogenic movement disorder happening in mass hysteria or mass psychogenic illness, which involves many individuals suddenly exhibiting the same bizarre behavior. The behavior spreads rapidly and broadly in an epidemic pattern.[4] This kind of comportment could have been caused by elevated levels of psychological stress, caused by the ruthless years (even by the rough standards of the Middle Ages) the people of Alsace were suffering.[2]

Waller speculates that the dancing was "stress-induced psychosis" on a mass level, since the region where the people danced was riddled with starvation and disease, and the inhabitants tended to be superstitious. Seven other cases of dancing plague were reported in the same region during the medieval era.[5]

This psychogenic illness could have created a chorea (from the Greek khoreia meaning "to dance"), a situation comprising random and intricate unintentional movements that flit from body part to body part. Diverse choreas (St. Vitus' dance, St. John's dance, tarantism) were labeled in the Middle Ages referring to the independent epidemics of "dancing mania" that happened in central Europe, particularly at the time of the plague".

OP
Drareg

Drareg

Here is a list of mass hysteria cases throughout history if your looking to demoralize yourself about our species, on a serious note looking through it and familiarizing yourself with the patterns actually does help with the contemporary incoherence we are witnessing.

List of mass hysteria cases - Wikipedia

OP
Drareg

Drareg

History of riots.
A common pattern is race riots ,immigration riots and riots against the ruling class. The ruling class know all the tricks of the past, they are well informed on it, this time they are trying to prevent the riots against the ruling class via digital surveillance, the patterns of broader history tell us it’s an inevitability that they will fail, temporary success but we will invent a way around it as we always do.

List of riots - Wikipedia

One riot sticks out and highlights once again our wonderful nature as conscious universal beings as one mind albeit fractured for this brief earthly experience, we have come here to experience the joys of this earth like fighting over straw hats and stuff whence we return to one universal mind and add our experiences of straw hat wars to this universal consciousness ,when we return the universal mind has the same feels you do when your pet cat turns up at your back door with a dead bird - Straw Hat Riot - Wikipedia

"The Straw Hat Riot of 1922 was a riot that occurred in New York City. Originating as a series of minor riots, it spread due to men wearing straw hats past the unofficial date that was deemed socially acceptable, September 15. It lasted eight days, and it led to many arrests and some injuries".

boris

I think the dancing plague was real and his happening again :lol:. It reminds me of the vegan smoothie dance (no hate @vegans ;) ).

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Was it maybe a serotonin related condition?

Very much indeed, we live in highly troubled times, and psychogenic psychosis is everywhere, Media and their phony and dirty stories, about events of the real life and storytelling in cinema and series is heavily contributing.

OP
Drareg

Drareg

I think the dancing plague was real and his happening again :lol:. It reminds me of the vegan smoothie dance (no hate @vegans ;) ).

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Was it maybe a serotonin related condition?

Well some speculated they ate the fungus on rye which is also what lsd was derived from I think.

Those gifs just reminded me of the dancing nurses and doctors on tik-tok during the covid hysteria!

OP
Drareg

Drareg

Very much indeed, we live in highly troubled times, and psychogenic psychosis is everywhere, Media and their phony and dirty stories, about events of the real life and storytelling in cinema and series is heavily contributing.

I know right, I feel for parents who see this hysteria but may not have the resources to homeschool their kids to protect them from it,I bet we will see a rise of homeschooling that will develop into micro schools in communities over time, they may teach the old curriculum which isn’t great but by omitting the fraudulent social science(not a science) their kids will be much smarter than the kids in government funded schools.

If parents are in this situation they should debrief their kids after school everyday, even a quick read through the books for the year ahead could allow you to flag propaganda and prepare for it. Getting the kids to ask how they know what they know, what is the agenda of the people who wrote the book etc.

Thank you for posting this.

I'd been wondering if there were historical precedents for the group psychosis we're now seeing.

OP
Drareg

Drareg

Thank you for posting this.

I'd been wondering if there were historical precedents for the group psychosis we're now seeing.

There sure is, everything underlying them is "peaty" IMO ,the only significant change is the outward expression of underlying incoherency ,it’s within a historical or contemporary cult, different languages ,different rules and taboos within the cults create actions relative to their context, it’s all stress essentially.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals