Dhea Inhibits Serotonin Synthesis Due To Stress Exposure

sladerunner69

Gotcha, interesting the receptor is destroyed and won't be replaced for a strictly set period of time? I assum there is a baseline production for these receptors? Because I could see using some version of high-dose caffeine/progesterone therapy to deplete estrogen receptors. Coming off of this, as long as you avoid stressful situations, maintain good blood sugar, don't ingest phytoestrogens, etc then the receptors wouldn't be replaced because perhaps the cell is not stimulated to produce more. Could be part of the reason why post finasteride ppl report permanent recovery from larger doses of progesterone, although they describe the immediate effect as being like a minor crash where their androgens drop but then they are stimulated to rebuild a normal metabolism/hormonal profile.

sladerunner69

Lower doses of caffeine seem to be androgenic as they boost conversion of cholesterol into the downstream steroids and also upregulates 5-AR. Higher doses (400mg+) have progesterone-like effects and disintegrate the estrogen "receptor".
viewtopic.php?t=6488
I guess both effects are beneficial depending on what a person needs.
Have you experienced, upon increased caffiene intake, any sort of significant change in skin quality? I seem to notice it dries my skin up and gives me wrinkles/lines. It seems like dehydration or vasoconstriction Im wondering if this could be related to an adverse internal affect that could be overlooked...

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Have you experienced, upon increased caffiene intake, any sort of significant change in skin quality? I seem to notice it dries my skin up and gives me wrinkles/lines. It seems like dehydration or vasoconstriction Im wondering if this could be related to an adverse internal affect that could be overlooked...

Have not experienced this effects from caffeine, but in theory anything that raises your metabolism enough to cause vitamin/mineral deficiencies can lead to dry skin and lines/wrinkles. It is hard to blame caffeine when there are so many other things that could be causing this, including protein deficiency that does not depend on caffeine intake.

dookie

I have experienced that. Both with caffeine and progesterone. I'm not sure whether it's good or bad. It could be because it reduces water retention in the skin, so the true wrinkles underneath (which were there all along) appear. I know that when my estrogen is high, for example when I drink beer, most my wrinkles disappear, but it's because I retain more water.

sladerunner69

I have experienced that. Both with caffeine and progesterone. I'm not sure whether it's good or bad. It could be because it reduces water retention in the skin, so the true wrinkles underneath (which were there all along) appear. I know that when my estrogen is high, for example when I drink beer, most my wrinkles disappear, but it's because I retain more water.
I mean beer is rather estrogenic so i would expect it to increase your wrinkles and skin problems over time

I think maybe I need to replace my sugarred pepsi with more fruit to increase my nutrient intake maybe its vitamin c or magnesium or something
could also be protein and calcium

dookie

I mean beer is rather estrogenic so i would expect it to increase your wrinkles and skin problems over time

I think maybe I need to replace my sugarred pepsi with more fruit to increase my nutrient intake maybe its vitamin c or magnesium or something
could also be protein and calcium

Yes, over time beer would probably increase wrinkles, but its immediate effects, within a few hours, is that all my wrinkles are reduced markedly. So I just meant that bloating/water-retention can make your skin APPEAR more healthy, while actually the edema is damaging in the long run. This could be the explanation for caffeine, progesterone, etc. causing wrinkles to appear - the reduction of edema/water

Agent207

Have not experienced this effects from caffeine, but in theory anything that raises your metabolism enough to cause vitamin/mineral deficiencies can lead to dry skin and lines/wrinkles. It is hard to blame caffeine when there are so many other things that could be causing this, including protein deficiency that does not depend on caffeine intake.

Maybe the issue could be becouse its vasoconstrictor effect. R.Peat said regarding tobacco, the wrinkle effect on young people to be becouse nicotine is vasoconstrictor. So coffee could have this effect to.

sladerunner69

I think that because coffee is so acidic it tends to degrade the skin quality similiar to how hcl or a like acid would....

Ron J

Lower doses of caffeine seem to be androgenic as they boost conversion of cholesterol into the downstream steroids and also upregulates 5-AR. Higher doses (400mg+) have progesterone-like effects and disintegrate the estrogen "receptor".
viewtopic.php?t=6488
I guess both effects are beneficial depending on what a person needs.
So 400mg puts me in the progesterone-like territory. Do you know the dose for the androgenic(DHT boost) effect only?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
So 400mg puts me in the progesterone-like territory. Do you know the dose for the androgenic(DHT boost) effect only?

Search the forum for "caffeine DHT".

ddjd

I had the same experience. After 2 months on 10mg DHEA daily it stopped having profound effects and instead it only had a slight cognition boosting effect. After stopping for a week and then taking 5mg I felt like I was superman. My muscles got huge without food or exercise...and it subsided in a few days. I guess it does build up, which explains why Ray only takes 2-3 mg daily.

IGNORE. SAW YOU ANSWERED THIS ALREADY

similar thing seems to happen to me. the first week of 10mg a day, my girlfriend keeps saying how nice i am being to her, and ive got tons more energy and cognitive benefits. but the second week this stops, all those benefits fade away.

do you think its better to cycle it or just do daily very low doses...

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
IGNORE. SAW YOU ANSWERED THIS ALREADY

similar thing seems to happen to me. the first week of 10mg a day, my girlfriend keeps saying how nice i am being to her, and ive got tons more energy and cognitive benefits. but the second week this stops, all those benefits fade away.

do you think its better to cycle it or just do daily very low doses...

It depends what is more convenient for you. I think when it is combined with pregnenolone, there is less risk of adaptation. So, say 10mg pregnenolone and 5mg DHEA should be usable continuously without cycling but if that does not work then cycling would not be bad to try. In general, some time off steroids, maybe a week or two every few months is probably not a bad idea. Organisms like change every once in a while, it keeps them healthy and young :):

Abmartich

Tuve la misma experiencia. Después de 2 meses con 10 mg de DHEA al día, dejó de tener efectos profundos y, en cambio, solo tuvo un ligero efecto estimulante de la cognición. Después de parar durante una semana y luego tomar 5 mg, me sentí como si fuera Superman. Mis músculos se agrandaron sin comida ni ejercicio... y se calmaron en unos pocos días. Supongo que se acumula, lo que explica por qué Ray solo toma 2-3 mg al día.
Tengo el mismo efecto cuando me aplico 25 mg de DHEA con aceite de oliva en la piel. Mis músculos se hacen más grandes sin hacer ejercicio. Mucha gente me ha preguntado si estoy levantando pesas porque me veo más llena.

Si me aplico DHEA en las encías me da mucha energía ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals