Drinking So Many Fluids

zorrich

Quick question for you experts :)

How do you drink so much fluid? I have a couple coffee per day, 1 litre of milk, and eat fruit and I literally cannot stop peeing. Every 20 mins. I've tried salting my drinks, which has helped some, but overall I just cannot drink this amount of fluid.

Any advice?

Gabriel

You don't have to drink so much. Drinking more than your body can cope will cause stress.

"Context is everything, and it’s individual and empirical.” - Ray Peat

Mittir

Coffee can increase urination in the beginning. It goes away once your body gets used to it, it takes more than a week.
How long have you been drinking coffee regularly? For hypothyroid people excess liquid is problematic.
You can increase your fluid intake with increasing metabolism.

gretchen

You can reduce the liquid by putting instant coffee in your milk. It makes it taste better also.

dukez07

Gabriel said:
You don't have to drink so much. Drinking more than your body can cope will cause stress.

"Context is everything, and it’s individual and empirical.” - Ray Peat

If you're hypothyroid, which many of us here are, the worst possible thing you can do to your body is dump litres of freezing cold liquids into it (nutritious, or not). It's such a basic thing really, and then all the newbies wonder why they are struggling.

I've definitely learnt the hard way.

Unfortunately, this diet is highly dependant on these freezing cold liquids. These foods are viewed as 'Godly', in the same way Peat is viewed by many here. Without these 'God like' foods though, many here certainly crash and burn. Meat is another option, but comes with so many caveats. Bad phosphorus/calcium ratio, cooked at high temperatures (yielding toxic by-products), high in fat, high in toxic amino acids, etc.

Starch is poisonous, as is most fruit, vegetables are toxic. What else is there? Not a lot. The only valuable thing I have learnt from the RP diet, is the importance of avoiding PUFA. Go over to Matt Stone if you are in a really bad hypothyroid state, and you want to raise your metabolic rate without the use of thyroid medication (something the RP diet definitely cannot achieve, with freezing cold liquids as its 'core foods'). A lot of his ideas are far more useful, and you actually get results. When your temperature warms up, perhaps you might be able to handle milk and OJ? Who knows. I am hoping for myself, anyway.

J

j.

dukez07 said:
If you're hypothyroid, which many of us here are, the worst possible thing you can do to your body is dump litres of freezing cold liquids into it (nutritious, or not). It's such a basic thing really, and then all the newbies wonder why they are struggling.

That didn't apply to me. When I had many hypothyroid symptoms including high cholesterol I was drinking liquid all day and that didn't cause a problem.

jyb

Didn't apply to me either. I digest OJ and milk very easily and have no problem drinking them all day. It doesn't take much energy for the body to heat the liquids once they're in your stomach, so the liquid temperature is not an issue. And yes I would consider freshly squeezed OJ as "godly". Of course I eat many other things than just OJ and milk for nutrition, but I can't think of any better maintenance fuel for use throughout the day.

Mittir

I have never seen anywhere RP recommending cold drinks.
RP recommends dairy, which includes milk and cheese, mainly for
protein and calcium. (There are low volume version of milk
like Condensed milk, Evaporated milk etc.One can easily reduce milk
by boiling it for 20-30 minutes)
If someone can not figure out that between
milk and cheese, one of these feels better then they need personal
nutritionist to tell them what to eat in each meal.
Forums are not helpful for someone who can not
figure out such simple thing.

mt_dreams

zorrich said:
Quick question for you experts :)

How do you drink so much fluid? I have a couple coffee per day, 1 litre of milk, and eat fruit and I literally cannot stop peeing. Every 20 mins. I've tried salting my drinks, which has helped some, but overall I just cannot drink this amount of fluid.

Any advice?

for coffee, make espresso in very little water, then add it to room temp milk/cream, it will merge both drinks. try eating dried fruit instead of fresh. unless you are drinking a lot of water on the side, there isn't that much liquid here that you should be peeing that often.

try increase salt even more. I have asian friends who sometimes eat 20+ grams of salt a day and they seem quite healthy, so don't fear taking in too much ... though i would increase slowly of course.

stargazer1111

I have never seen anywhere RP recommending cold drinks.
RP recommends dairy, which includes milk and cheese, mainly for
protein and calcium. (There are low volume version of milk
like Condensed milk, Evaporated milk etc.One can easily reduce milk
by boiling it for 20-30 minutes)
If someone can not figure out that between
milk and cheese, one of these feels better then they need personal
nutritionist to tell them what to eat in each meal.
Forums are not helpful for someone who can not
figure out such simple thing.

I know this is old. But, RP actually does recommend cold drinks. Who drinks hot orange juice?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals