Sitaruîm

Hi All,

Most of the coffee I ever make for myself I do with an espresso machine. We have a drip coffee machine at home which we used recently and the coffee was much tastier in my opinion, and this was using the same beans.

I wanted to ask everyone about the safety of the filters these machines use. I'll attach a picture for convenience.

The label reads "paper filters" and on the side it says that the composition is 100% cellulose fibers. Could these filters have noxious undeclared ingredients, such as plastics, that I may want to avoid? Or are they safe?

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG-20231205-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20231205-WA0004.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 6
I just bought this little coffee press to compare to my coffee maker. It seems healthier, and less expensive than using the filters. I am also considering this other glass drip one.

1701788227168.jpeg

1701788244343.jpeg

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I use a chemex style method for my coffee with organic paper filters.
Run hot water over the filter with enough to rinse it.
I find this removes any flavors and hopefully and chemical residue off the cellulose.

linx

Forum Supporter
Well they are bleached which probably isn't ideal. You can find unbleached paper filters, which is what I use. Beyond avoiding the bleach I'm not sure about safety.

peter88

Danny Roddy uses organic cotton filters that you wash after use. I think it’s called a coffeesock.

peter88

Well they are bleached which probably isn't ideal. You can find unbleached paper filters, which is what I use. Beyond avoiding the bleach I'm not sure about safety.
Isn’t white sugar and salt bleached?

Ynot

I use a chemex pour over style one with a stainless steel filter (no paper filter required)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom