Even the deaf can hear thanks to Patrick Flanagan!

RealNeat

Some deaf individuals can hear thanks to bone conducting headphones and others who can't can use Falanagans Neurophone. https://www.rebprotocol.net/flanagansneurophone.pdf

It's not only for the deaf but also for accelerated learning and possibly even communicating to dolphins...

StephanF

Forum Supporter
A friend of mine had it. It consists of two piezoelectric disks that are driven by a pulse-width modulated circuit. The skin on the forehead completes the circuit. The sound generated by the discs conducts through the bone to the cochlea. Nothing out of the extraordinary. There are cheaper bone conducting head phones that essentially do the same.

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

A friend of mine had it. It consists of two piezoelectric disks that are driven by a pulse-width modulated circuit. The skin on the forehead completes the circuit. The sound generated by the discs conducts through the bone to the cochlea. Nothing out of the extraordinary. There are cheaper bone conducting head phones that essentially do the same.
Their claim is that it does not take that route to be "heard." Sections 1.4 and 1.3 of the article i linked disagree with your conclusion.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
Their claim is that it does not take that route to be "heard." Sections 1.4 and 1.3 of the article i linked disagree with your conclusion.
I actually used it. When I tried to look at the signals with an oscilloscope at the output, I accidentally fried it! Some how my ground connection was wrong. So I had to repair it. It took me a while until I found a suitable pair of replacement MOSFETs but I got it to work again. That’s why I KNOW how it works, I also KNOW that it uses piezoelectric disks and those of course will act as sound transducers. And of course the sound is transmitted through the bone to the cochlea. Patrick Flanagan’s claim is bogus. He passed away a few years ago.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
You can buy these transducer on Amazon, they are very cheap. The pulse width oscillator runs on a high frequency that is compatible with the piezoelectric transducer’s resonant frequency. Then you pulsewidth modulate this frequency with the sound to be transmitted and you get an audible signal. You can also hold the two discs together and they produce sound. I think that is even in the manual.

I found a very good discussion on the Internet, one guy essentially said the same thing; bone conduction to the cochlea.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/RBI/comments/tc00do/who_is_patrick_flanagan_and_why_is_my_stepdad/

Last edited:
OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

You can buy these transducer on Amazon, they are very cheap. The pulse width oscillator runs on a high frequency that is compatible with the piezoelectric transducer’s resonant frequency. Then you pulsewidth modulate this frequency with the sound to be transmitted and you get an audible signal. You can also hold the two discs together and they produce sound. I think that is even in the manual.

I found a very good discussion on the Internet, one guy essentially said the same thing; bone conduction to the cochlea.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/RBI/comments/tc00do/who_is_patrick_flanagan_and_why_is_my_stepdad/

So you don't believe the claim that people who have had inner ear removed and without proper anatomy to hear can hear with this device? I'm aware of his death, he was an accomplished individual at an early age and way ahead of his time on a lot of topics and inventions, including his work on water.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
So you don't believe the claim that people who have had inner ear removed and without proper anatomy to hear can hear with this device? I'm aware of his death, he was an accomplished individual at an early age and way ahead of his time on a lot of topics and inventions, including his work on water.
How is sound perceived? Sound is transferred through the ear drum and coupled to the cochlea by tiny bones. In the cochlea, sound creates motion in the liquid that is picked up by tiny hairs that are connected to nerves. Different frequencies produce nodes and anti-nodes at different locations along the snail-house-like structure of the cochlea. So the frequency components of the sound are translated into locations of stimulus of nerves along the cochlea. This ‘location information’ is then picked up by the brain as the ‘sound’ that we perceive.

The brain is rather slow, brain waves only go up into the tens of Hertz. How else could the brain ‘detect’ frequencies that are in the kHz??

The claim that the Neurophone can enable hearing in people that have no functioning cochlea is pure fantasy and are just false claims. There is no mechanism in the brain or the skin of the forehead that could produce the perception of sound with a nonexistent or non-functioning cochlea. It’s just that. It is a scam. However it will work if the cochlea is still functioning.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals