Excess Vitamin A Tanks Thyroid Function

youngsinatra

There are very interesting studies on the relationship between vitamin A and thyroid function.

This study fascinates me the most:

IMG_7484.jpeg

I plan on posting more studies on vitamin A & thyroid function here.

(I know the HED is very high tho on the highest dose, but even at the lowest dose, there is significant alterations to TSH, T3)

Last edited:

gabys225

I think this explains why some of us feel nothing from thyroid supps, even pure T3.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Sinatra,
What is "the lowest dose"?
I can't tell that from the chart, or the study itself.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Sinatra,
What is "the lowest dose"?
I can't tell that from the chart, or the study itself.
0.7mg/kg was the lowest dose. The chart tells it.

HED 0.05 mg/kg of retinol.

1mg = 3333 IU retinol (if I remember correctly)

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
0.7mg/kg was the lowest dose. The chart tells it.

HED 0.05 mg/kg of retinol.

1mg = 3333 IU retinol (if I remember correctly)
So, for a 200 lbs man, that translates into about 5 mg of retinol, or 3333 IU x 5, daily?

Do I have that right?

FitnessMike

ray peat right again?

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

„Thyroid gland is unique among vertebrate endocrine glands is that it stores its secretory products i.e. thyroid hormone. The thyroid influence reproduction, growth and differentiation. Retinol Palmitate (RP) is known for its effects on differentiation and morphogenesis during vertebrate development, as it is important for reproduction development and growth, hyper and hypo-vitaminosis- A both provoke epithelial pathologies in animal and human being. So a critical value of RP is required in vivo for the maintenance of normal architecture and function of many body tissues Thyroid gland is unique among vertebrate endocrine glands is that it stores its secretory products i.e. thyroid hormone. The thyroid influence reproduction, growth and differentiation. The group of adult mouse was treated 4 IU/ day concentration of RP by intubations for 7 days. This constituted the treated group. A similar number of mice were considered as controlled group, and were not given any RP treatment. The animal were observed for their growth, behaviour and weight, during the period of treatment 1.On 8th day of the serum thyroxin level analysis was done to both treated as well as controlled mice. In treated case hypothyroidism was seen. 2.The studies concluded that RP (retinyl palmitate) treatment results in a reduced activity of thyroid follicles i.e. reduced synthesis of thyroxin.“

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals