Fats vs Oils -- CLIF HIGH's take. Listen to his latest podcast.

Jo Ro

Clif High... One of the smartest, well-read, unique people ever. He talks about fats vs oils, and destroys seed oils. Listen on his Substack...

Thoughts?

Apple

Clif High... One of the smartest, well-read, unique people ever. He talks about fats vs oils, and destroys seed oils. Listen on his Substack...

Thoughts?
Sorry, I don't have time to listen to all of it.
What kind of fats he is talking about and how he consumes them ?
Why not oils ?

mostlylurking

Sorry, I don't have time to listen to all of it.
What kind of fats he is talking about and how he consumes them ?
Why not oils ?
I listened to part of it. It is my understanding that he had a serious bout of cancer(?) years ago and survived it. I got slightly put off by his calling melanin "melatonin" several times in this video. Then I ran out of time to listen to the rest of it. I find Ray Peat much more helpful/knowledgeable.

Clif High is anti seed oils and seems to understand that PUFA damages skin and makes it more susceptible to burning and unable to tan so I think he's on the right tract. However, he seems to believe that eating olive oil that has not been subjected to heat is fine. I think Ray Peat was correct when he said that there is PUFA in olive oil (12%?) so it should be limited to something like 1/2 teaspoon/day.

Polyunsaturated oils (PUFA) are unstable and toxic; they go rancid inside the body and wreak havoc. They are carcinogenic.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals