Fertility Beyond Age 40 High Stress Lawyer

Jackson Chung

I'm asking for someone I care deeply about.

She is a lawyer, age 33. Extremely high stress.

Its complicated, but I know I will eventually be with her once I convince her.

Is it possible to maintain fertility into old age? I'm talking about beyond age 40.

What would help? She has a high stress job, but is open to Peaty Ideas.

If infertile, what do you recommend? Has anyone had success with this?

JamesGatz

I've seen healthy pregnancies in woman in their 60's so its definitely possible, Even if the woman is 100+ its *possible*

Is it possible while being a lawyer though? Doubtful - don't think I ever met a non-stressed lawyer

But anyway, Good Luck with the girl man 🙏

AspiringSage

High thyroid hormones/low TSH is an indicator of a prolonged fertile window. Niacin/nicotinamide have been shown to be anti aging in general. There is also some really interesting research on using cycles of rapamycin to extend health span and even for fertility.

My stack for female fertility would look something like:

*Immediately discontinue hormonal birth control
*Clean up diet
*Reduce stress
*Improve sleep (get a formal sleep study if any indication of an issue)
*Reduce exposure to endocrine disrupters
*Discontinue SSRI’s/amphetamines class drugs
*Supplement T4/T3 until TSH is suppressed below 1.5, maybe below 1.0 (monitor body temp and heart rate)
*Niacin/nicotinamide
*Low dose rapamycin cycles
*Progesterone (bio identical as recommend by Ray Peat not the toxic birth control/synthetics used by mainstream medicine)
*Low dose DHEA
*Low dose pregnenolone

Once trying to conceive (my impression is that the following have to be taken in timed cycles by women):

*Enclomiphene
*HCG
*HMG

I believe that older pregnant women can also benefit by continuing progesterone through the pregnancy.

Disclaimer: The above is simply my thoughts as an observant person who reeds a lot. I am not a medical provider. Consult a medical provider for medical advise.

Iceman2016

Is it possible to maintain fertility into old age? I'm talking about beyond age 40.

It is obviously possible to maintain fertility into one's 40s. It's not exactly rare for women to have children in their 40s but why risk it? Conceiving after 35 is already medically considered a geriatric pregnancy with increased chances of issues so if one is able to have children sooner they should try to do so if possible.

With regard to her stressful job, is she happy stressed or unhappy stressed? Maybe she loves her work and the stress that you mention is positive stress. If she is actually experiencing negative stress from her job, then ideally she should leave her stressful job and/or transition into something less stressful, like from private practice to in house counsel or government. Assuming of course that healthy pregnancy is her prime concern.

From a hormome and supplement point of view, everything @AspiringSage said is on point from what I have seen. Of course, the earlier one starts trying, the less of a need for hormonal help.

There were some interesting posts here a few years ago citing new research that women are not born with a finite number of eggs as was once believed but rather if one is in optimal hormonal and general health, the supply of eggs keeps renewing itself. I also remember a post where someone was menopausal and started ovulating and having their period again after implementing some of Peat's principles. So yes, fertility can be extended it seems via health interventions.

AspiringSage

I will add to my earlier comments that there is actually limited research on using a small number of relatively high doses of testosterone (for a female) to induce ovulation or more precisely for precondition/egg maturation and to avoid ovulation cancellation.

The Benefits of Testosterone Therapy in Poor Ovarian Responders Undergoing In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF)

I have personally witnessed the results of an inadvertent single lower dose experiment. A good friend of mine is a mid 30’s female. When this self experiment occurred she had a norplant (sub dermal toxic synthetic progestin) birth control implant in her arm. This implant normally canceled ovulation. It was her second such implant (they last about five years) and she hadn’t experienced ovulation in approximately eight years.

For a number of reasons (injury recovery/treatment resistant depression/improved sex drive) she decided to try a few low doses of testosterone cypionate. She ignored several friends advice to not touch the stuff/her primary care docs/endocrines refusal to even consider TRT for a female. She obtained a vial at the gym and intended to try 10mg. She believed that the concentration of testosterone in the vial was 100mg/ml. She was mistaken the concentration was actually 250mg/ml. As a result her first experimental dose was 25mg instead of 10mg. She had timed the dose immediately after her period ended and was shocked a week later when she experienced cramping, spotting and mucosal discharge consistent with ovulation. Incidentally, she also experienced improved sex drive and mood during that cycle. She didn’t note any improvement in injury recovery. Though it’s hard to draw conclusions from once through experiments.

I am not suggesting this approach; but, I am suggesting that the human body is amazing and that impressive and unexpected things are possible. It also should go without saying that this is an anecdotal account of a single self experiment outside medical supervision - such things are frowned upon by the system.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical provider and the above shouldn’t be taken as medical advise. Consult a licensed medical provide for medical advice.

Whichway?

While women can conceive into their 40s, the probability of getting pregnant, carrying the baby full term, and having a baby without genetic defects goes down. Babies born to older mothers and fathers have higher risks for autism and other behavioural disorders. It’s a crap shoot.

Haven‘t you been through one painful divorce already? And now you are lining up to go again with a lawyer (so she knows how to argue and play dirty) and who is in a hard working stressful environment , and who has already failed to secure a partner and have children at 33. Is she really going to be the partner who can compliment you?

P

Peatress

Even lawyers deserve love.

Sunshine, raising the vitamin D levels.

Momma

No stack needed. She’ll be fine if her stressors are at a minimum. Very difficult if she is in a firm. Indoctrinated with the climb.
If she wants a future family life, she will have to let go of the grind of her career. Watch Jordan Peterson. He specifically speaks on this a lot.
Being a mother is not held in high esteem, but generally the most profound thing a woman can do with her life and legacy. She will not regret it; but it’s a huge paradigm shift.

OP
J

Jackson Chung

While women can conceive into their 40s, the probability of getting pregnant, carrying the baby full term, and having a baby without genetic defects goes down. Babies born to older mothers and fathers have higher risks for autism and other behavioural disorders. It’s a crap shoot.

Haven‘t you been through one painful divorce already? And now you are lining up to go again with a lawyer (so she knows how to argue and play dirty) and who is in a hard working stressful environment , and who has already failed to secure a partner and have children at 33. Is she really going to be the partner who can compliment you?

Yeah been through a divorrce. This one feels llike shes the one. Its complicated, but wee can talk foor hours...its hard to explain the feeling.

Also I believe my grandma had my mother at age 48 and she is the strongest person I know (my mom).

Whichway?

Yeah been through a divorrce. This one feels llike shes the one. Its complicated, but wee can talk foor hours...its hard to explain the feeling.

Also I believe my grandma had my mother at age 48 and she is the strongest person I know (my mom).
Of course its your choice, and I wish you every happiness.

Just go into it with your eyes (and brain) wide open to the good and bad of the situation. Take off the rose coloured glasses.

Your (and my) Grand parents were different human beings to us. They grew up in an era that was physically tougher, they weren't exposed to the level of X-rays, chemicals and toxins which mutate DNA and change gene expression that we are. Also there is just no way of getting around the FACT that as women and men age they produce children with more DNA mutations, because we all accumulate DNA damage as we age. Just a FACT. It is a crap shoot as to whether those mutations are bad and just how bad they are. Working in a high stress job and stewing your cells in stress hormones every day doesn't help either. So your girl will be a prime candidate for problems.

Also being Asian you need to review your mental framework given to you by your Mum. Asian women are very strong. They make great Mum's in some ways, although they can be very over-bearing and extreme helicopter parents. Also they are very good once the kids come along at completely ignoring the needs of the husband. If you are comfortable with this, then go along with the programming your Mum has put into your head. You've already had one bad marriage so your partner choosing abilities may need significant improvement. I'm saying this to be helpful to you, not to be nasty. I'm partnered with a Chinese lady and have seen this pattern in my own relationship and several others. I would never choose an Asian lady again if I had my time over. You will have been programmed by your Mum to some extent as to what an ideal wife is, and this may or may not dovetail with your needs and wants in a partner.

You say you have good conversations. I once had someone say something which over the years I thought was quite wise. It was that you need to match or overlap with your partner in “head, heart, wallet and hips”. Conversation is good, but do you share the same values, gaols for yourself and kids. Heart is whether you share a deeper and mysterious loving connection that will see you through life’s ups and downs. Wallet is how you think about and deal with money, and how you want to spend it on yourself, your partner and children. So many couples arguments are over money. Hips is how sexually compatible you are and can become.

Best of luck to you Jackson!

Last edited:

kimbriel

Many women in my family have babies after 40 years of age, naturally. It's not all that uncommon. Progesterone oil during the luteal phase comes to mind. Until her body increases its own progesterone.

AlaskaJono

How attentive is she/has she been with her health choices until now? Shots in the Arm? High stress women especially mid 30's-50 years plus is not a good base recipe for a healthy pregnancy or baby. If 'fertile looking' - earth mama types, then will be more of a cake walk. If you definitely want kids, and she doesn't now, but maybe later, then.... your choice. I have known women 35-45 yrs old with 3 or 4 stillbirths, then finally a pregnancy that 'took'. Many women would give up at that point. Love is grand, but... desire can blind. Enjoy your time with her, and do engage in deep conversations. Life is short, and we may need to Go For iT sometimes. Sometimes not. Good luck.

Whichway?

Many women in my family have babies after 40 years of age, naturally. It's not all that uncommon. Progesterone oil during the luteal phase comes to mind. Until her body increases its own progesterone.
Just because you can….doesn’t mean you should. There is no getting around the fact that the health of children born to older mothers and fathers is worse than that of those born to younger parents.

Even Ray Peat couldn’t defeat the effects of aging. None of us can at present.

kimbriel

Just because you can….doesn’t mean you should. There is no getting around the fact that the health of children born to older mothers and fathers is worse than that of those born to younger parents.

Even Ray Peat couldn’t defeat the effects of aging. None of us can at present.
It's also not as straightforward as that. My mother was 19 when she had me, and my body is a dumpster fire. But I'm not gonna argue and debate this, cuz I just don't have a dog in this fight. I had my only kid at 23 and never had another one. He'll be 20 next month. We're empty nesters and I don't want another one.

Waynish

Why does someone who has gone against their biology and continues to deserve to be fertile? So she can get a bunch of cash and then pay someone else to raise her more likely stunted children? Do you really want to take the feminine role in the relationship with a woman who rejects femininity? After all it isn't even their fault; the weak men everywhere have enabled and lied to them about reality.

Waynish

It's also not as straightforward as that. My mother was 19 when she had me, and my body is a dumpster fire. But I'm not gonna argue and debate this, cuz I just don't have a dog in this fight. I had my only kid at 23 and never had another one. He'll be 20 next month. We're empty nesters and I don't want another one.
You don't see the logical fallacy here?

kimbriel

You don't see the logical fallacy here?
I'm not trying to debate this and I don't care about "logical fallacies". At the end of the day I know plenty of people who are perfectly healthy whose parents are older, I know plenty who are unhealthy with younger parents (me, for one, though I might finally be turning a corner). There have also been recent articles about the benefits of older motherhood as well. People make the family decisions that are the best for them. I'd now be a geriatric pregnancy at this point, and no thanks. I'm already tired and happy to have a grown adult kid.

Whichway?

These are the live birth rates of having a baby with Down syndrome at term:

• 1 in 1,340 at age 25
  • 1 in 939 at age 30
  • 1 in 353 at age 35
  • 1 in 85 at age 40
  • 1 in 35 at age 45
Down Syndrome is a severe genetic condition. The rates of other less severe genetic abnormalities also increase with age.

OP
J

Jackson Chung

These are the live birth rates of having a baby with Down syndrome at term:

• 1 in 1,340 at age 25
  • 1 in 939 at age 30
  • 1 in 353 at age 35
  • 1 in 85 at age 40
  • 1 in 35 at age 45
Down Syndrome is a severe genetic condition. The rates of other less severe genetic abnormalities also increase with age.
Thing is she eats peaty and didn’t take the vaccine. She is actually European and I believe healthier. She is from a country with the longest age.

Yes she’s stressed. But I think progesterone can fix that. I think these are for the general population? We all know how healthy they are.

My grandma was fertile because I think she ate peaty. Lots of milk and carbs. She grew up on a farm. She had a hard life as there was no running water or anything.

Waynish

I'm not trying to debate this and I don't care about "logical fallacies". At the end of the day I know plenty of people who are perfectly healthy whose parents are older, I know plenty who are unhealthy with younger parents (me, for one, though I might finally be turning a corner). There have also been recent articles about the benefits of older motherhood as well. People make the family decisions that are the best for them. I'd now be a geriatric pregnancy at this point, and no thanks. I'm already tired and happy to have a grown adult kid.
More logical fallacies. "I know plenty of people who engage in [can list obviously harmful activities as well]"
You should be interested in ironing out your logical fallacies - unless you just want to dominate people and you don't actually care about communicating with them.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals