Help me understand why sometimes beef suet gives me lots of energy, but sometimes make me tired.

jet9

Title. My diet is beef organs, seafood, chicken and lots of fruit. Sometimes when I add suet it hits me like rocket fuel, lots of energy, motivation, great mood. But sometimes it makes me lazy, tired, etc. I can't understand what I am doing different on suet = energy, vs suet = tired days. Does anyone have any ideas / suggestions?

Osukhan

thats pretty interesting
I would look into info on stearic acid, which is high in suet
i have taken teaspoon or tablespoon of pure stearic acid before either mixed with water or mixed into my food
i also feel like it gives me energy, stearic acid is a great energy source for mitochondria
brad marshall has some great info on it as well, his website is fireinabottle.com

Sphagnum

Are you always eating it alone as a mono-meal?
Does the time of day, or length of time between your last meal vary?
Are you always getting the same leanness of beef?

It could be tied to blood sugar where the fluctuation is based on other foods/macros from that day.

OP
J

jet9

Are you always eating it alone as a mono-meal?
Does the time of day, or length of time between your last meal vary?
Are you always getting the same leanness of beef?

It could be tied to blood sugar where the fluctuation is based on other foods/macros from that day.
I usually eat suet with cooked green smith apples (tart / low sugar ones).

Today I made sure to eat this meal at least 1h 30 min after any sugar and also added some protein. And meal was energy / heat producing.

I think I get tired when I eat this meal too close to my fruit meals. Maybe sugar is still high or insulin still high, etc.

xborg

As I understand it, beef suet is a random ratio of muscle fats and organ fats, mostly the latter. Muscle fats are excellent fuel but the problem with rendered organ fats is that their melting point is above body temperature (~104F). So, unlike muscle fats which remain liquid in the body, organ fat droplets will solidify in organs, vessels, etc. Over time it's easy to imagine complications from that. In the short term, depending on the amount and ratios consumed, it's conceivable that some congealed fat is impeding liver or other digestive function.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals