Hibiscus tea for more than just high blood pressure?

David PS

Hibiscus tea is known to lower blood pressure. Here is a deep link into the relevant section of Ray Peat's email exchange where he mentions hibiscus tea.
Ray Peat Email Exchanges - Ray Peat Forum Wiki

There are lots of reports of people getting good results from 2-3 cups of tea per day. I do not drink tea but I add hibiscus to the water when I am making white rice. Here is product that I use. https://www.amazon.com/Frontier-Org...erByKeyword=blood+pressure#reviews-filter-bar

Hibiscus tea contains Gossypetin
Gossypetin, also known as 3,5,7,8,3',4'-hexahydroxyflavone, is a flavonol, a type of flavonoid. It has been isolated from the flowers and the calyx of Hibiscus sabdariffa (roselle) and exhibits a strong antibacterial activity.[1][2] The compound has also been found to act as an antagonist of TrkB.[3] Recently it was shown that gossypetin has radioprotective activity.
In this mouse study, Gossypetin showed protective effects in 5xFAD mice model AD by enhancing microglial Aβ phagocytosis.

Last edited:
OP
David PS

David PS

mamakitty

Hibiscus tea is known to lower blood pressure. Here is a deep link into the relevant section of Ray Peat's email exchange where he mentions hibiscus tea.
Ray Peat Email Exchanges - Ray Peat Forum Wiki

There are lots of reports of people getting good results from 2-3 cups of tea per day. I do not drink tea but I add hibiscus to the water when I am making white rice. Here is product that I use. https://www.amazon.com/Frontier-Org...erByKeyword=blood+pressure#reviews-filter-bar

Hibiscus tea contains Gossypetin

In this mouse study, Gossypetin showed protective effects in 5xFAD mice model AD by enhancing microglial Aβ phagocytosis.
What does hibiscus taste like?

OP
David PS

David PS

What does hibiscus taste like?
It has a unique taste. It is a little sour. It is easy to control the strength of the flavor just by using less. It is the first listed ingredient in Red Zinger tea.

The_effect_of_sour_tea_Hibiscus_Sabdariffa_on_essential_hypertension/links/5a795f4a0f7e9b41dbd469a0/The-effect-of-sour-tea-Hibiscus-Sabdariffa-on-essential-hypertension.pdf

Andy316

Somehow hibiscus is the only tea I can tolerate without any issues. I am just curious what the differentiating factor might be.

[Are orange blossom, rose water, saffron and hibiscus tea safe/beneficial?]

"I think they are safe; I have enjoyed all of them at different times. Hibiscus tea is recognized as a treatment for high blood pressure, and saffron has been used successfully for treating many problems." -Ray Peat e-mail exchange

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom