How can Pregnenolone cause Hair loss?

Daniel North

Forum Supporter
Ive seen several people in this forum saying that pregnenolone causes them to lose hair. Charlie says so as well.

No I do not take it right now. But anytime I take something that moves my metabolism hard like pregnenolone, I will shed hair temporarily.

Shouldn't increased metabolism reduce or even reverse hair loss?

And shouldn't pregnenolone fix the hormone imbalance many claim is the cause of hair loss?

I don't understand this.

shanny

Forum Supporter
Ive seen several people in this forum saying that pregnenolone causes them to lose hair. Charlie says so as well.

Shouldn't increased metabolism reduce or even reverse hair loss?

And shouldn't pregnenolone fix the hormone imbalance many claim is the cause of hair loss?

I don't understand this.
I think that sometimes the steroid hormones and precursors can go through the wrong pathway and instead of making T, you're making cortisol and estradiol. I am female, but no matter what way I try to take progesterone, DHEA or pregnenolone I feel like my body upregulates cortisol production (that may be the increased metabolism you feel) and I get extremely estrogenic symptoms. Hopefully a male will answer you with similar findings, but that has been my experience.

I think that sometimes the steroid hormones and precursors can go through the wrong pathway and instead of making T, you're making cortisol and estradiol. I am female, but no matter what way I try to take progesterone, DHEA or pregnenolone I feel like my body upregulates cortisol production (that may be the increased metabolism you feel) and I get extremely estrogenic symptoms. Hopefully a male will answer you with similar findings, but that has been my experience.
My experience as well.

youngsinatra

I have high DHEA-S blood work and generally the impression that my adrenals are hyperactive. Pregnenolone seems to throw fuel on the fire so to say. I personally get high-cortisol symptoms from taking it.

Not everbody needs it. It may be beneficial for those with poor adrenal hormone production. (low DHEA, low progesterone, low cortisol or low aldosterone)

mgrabs

Interesting. What if someone is low in dhea? I noticed when taking this at 100mg my hair is very soft? Why is that?

Peater

For those who react negatively, how long does it take for the symptoms to subside?

mgrabs

For those who react negatively, how long does it take for the symptoms to subside?
I wonder if hairloss is a temporary change in hormone balancing? It seems like everytime I add or change something i run into this. Can someone confirm or validate this?

theoogabear

It’s made my hair very smooth feeling and feathery. No hair loss yet. I’ve been taking 600mg a day

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals