I know fluoroquinolones aren't safe and penicillins tetracyclines and macrolide antibiotics are safest, but how are cephalosporins eg cetrifaxone?

Sherbert

I know fluoroquinolones aren't safe and penicillins tetracyclines and macrolide antibiotics are safest, but how are cephalosporins eg cetrifaxone?
(For pre sugery in hospital).
Isn't the usual safe effective one used neomycin or something?

#macrolides

OP
Sherbert

Sherbert

#macrolides
would appreciate any and all feedback thanks

mostlylurking

would appreciate any and all feedback thanks
After damned near dying from Bactrim antibiotic summer of 2020 I don't trust any antibiotics. It blocked my thiamine function. I finally recovered via high dose thiamine after months and months. Evidently, blocking thiamine function is a popular method for killing bacteria; the makers don't seem particularly concerned about the patient's survival when designing these medical wonders.

Do your due diligence via online research before swallowing anything.

mostlylurking

#macrolides
from here:

4 CONTRAINDICATIONS​

Cephalexin capsules are contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to cephalexin or other members of the cephalosporin class of antibacterial drugs.

5 WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS​

5.1 Hypersensitivity Reactions​

Allergic reactions in the form of rash, urticaria, angioedema, anaphylaxis, erythema multiforme, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, or toxic epidermal necrolysis have been reported with the use of cephalexin. Before therapy with cephalexin is instituted, inquire whether the patient has a history of hypersensitivity reactions to cephalexin, cephalosporins, penicillins, or other drugs. Cross-hypersensitivity among beta-lactam antibacterial drugs may occur in up to 10% of patients with a history of penicillin allergy.

If an allergic reaction to cephalexin occurs, discontinue the drug and institute appropriate treatment.

5.2 Clostridium difficile-Associated Diarrhea​

Clostridium difficile -associated diarrhea (CDAD) has been reported with use of nearly all antibacterial agents, including cephalexin, and may range in severity from mild diarrhea to fatal colitis. Treatment with antibacterial agents alters the normal flora of the colon leading to overgrowth of C. difficile.

C. difficile produces toxins A and B, which contribute to the development of CDAD. Hypertoxin-producing strains of C. difficile cause increased morbidity and mortality, as these infections can be refractory to antimicrobial therapy and may require colectomy. CDAD must be considered in all patients who present with diarrhea following antibiotic use. Careful medical history is necessary since CDAD has been reported to occur over two months after the administration of antibacterial agents.

If CDAD is suspected or confirmed, ongoing antibiotic use not directed against C. difficile may need to be discontinued. Appropriate fluid and electrolyte management, protein supplementation, antibiotic treatment of C. difficile, and surgical evaluation should be instituted as clinically indicated.

5.3 Direct Coombs’ Test Seroconversion​

Positive direct Coombs’ tests have been reported during treatment with the cephalosporin antibacterial drugs including cephalexin. Acute intravascular hemolysis induced by cephalexin therapy has been reported. If anemia develops during or after cephalexin therapy, perform a diagnostic work-up for drug-induced hemolytic anemia, discontinue cephalexin and institute appropriate therapy.

5.4 Seizure Potential​

Several cephalosporins have been implicated in triggering seizures, particularly in patients with renal impairment when the dosage was not reduced. If seizures occur, discontinue cephalexin. Anticonvulsant therapy can be given if clinically indicated.

5.5 Prolonged Prothrombin Time​

Cephalosporins may be associated with prolonged prothrombin time. Those at risk include patients with renal or hepatic impairment, or poor nutritional state, as well as patients receiving a protracted course of antibacterial therapy, and patients receiving anticoagulant therapy. Monitor prothrombin time in patients at risk and manage as indicated.

5.6 Development of Drug-Resistant Bacteria​

Prescribing cephalexin in the absence of a proven or strongly suspected bacterial infection is unlikely to provide benefit to the patient and increases the risk of the development of drug-resistant bacteria.

Prolonged use of cephalexin may result in the overgrowth of nonsusceptible organisms. Careful observation of the patient is essential. If superinfection occurs during therapy, appropriate measures should be taken.

6 ADVERSE REACTIONS​

The following serious events are described in greater detail in the Warning and Precautions section:

Izzybelle

I haven't researched it, but I did take Cefuroxime several years ago for a strep infection without issue. The doctor picked it after looking at the antibiotic sensitivity test which indicated that the bacteria had the least resistance to it.

OP
Sherbert

Sherbert

After damned near dying from Bactrim antibiotic summer of 2020 I don't trust any antibiotics. It blocked my thiamine function. I finally recovered via high dose thiamine after months and months. Evidently, blocking thiamine function is a popular method for killing bacteria; the makers don't seem particularly concerned about the patient's survival when designing these medical wonders.

Do your due diligence via online research before swallowing anything.
Will do. Thanks for the warn ing

OP
Sherbert

Sherbert

from here:

4 CONTRAINDICATIONS​

Cephalexin capsules are contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to cephalexin or other members of the cephalosporin class of antibacterial drugs.

5 WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS​

5.1 Hypersensitivity Reactions​

Allergic reactions in the form of rash, urticaria, angioedema, anaphylaxis, erythema multiforme, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, or toxic epidermal necrolysis have been reported with the use of cephalexin. Before therapy with cephalexin is instituted, inquire whether the patient has a history of hypersensitivity reactions to cephalexin, cephalosporins, penicillins, or other drugs. Cross-hypersensitivity among beta-lactam antibacterial drugs may occur in up to 10% of patients with a history of penicillin allergy.

If an allergic reaction to cephalexin occurs, discontinue the drug and institute appropriate treatment.

5.2 Clostridium difficile-Associated Diarrhea​

Clostridium difficile -associated diarrhea (CDAD) has been reported with use of nearly all antibacterial agents, including cephalexin, and may range in severity from mild diarrhea to fatal colitis. Treatment with antibacterial agents alters the normal flora of the colon leading to overgrowth of C. difficile.

C. difficile produces toxins A and B, which contribute to the development of CDAD. Hypertoxin-producing strains of C. difficile cause increased morbidity and mortality, as these infections can be refractory to antimicrobial therapy and may require colectomy. CDAD must be considered in all patients who present with diarrhea following antibiotic use. Careful medical history is necessary since CDAD has been reported to occur over two months after the administration of antibacterial agents.

If CDAD is suspected or confirmed, ongoing antibiotic use not directed against C. difficile may need to be discontinued. Appropriate fluid and electrolyte management, protein supplementation, antibiotic treatment of C. difficile, and surgical evaluation should be instituted as clinically indicated.

5.3 Direct Coombs’ Test Seroconversion​

Positive direct Coombs’ tests have been reported during treatment with the cephalosporin antibacterial drugs including cephalexin. Acute intravascular hemolysis induced by cephalexin therapy has been reported. If anemia develops during or after cephalexin therapy, perform a diagnostic work-up for drug-induced hemolytic anemia, discontinue cephalexin and institute appropriate therapy.

5.4 Seizure Potential​

Several cephalosporins have been implicated in triggering seizures, particularly in patients with renal impairment when the dosage was not reduced. If seizures occur, discontinue cephalexin. Anticonvulsant therapy can be given if clinically indicated.

5.5 Prolonged Prothrombin Time​

Cephalosporins may be associated with prolonged prothrombin time. Those at risk include patients with renal or hepatic impairment, or poor nutritional state, as well as patients receiving a protracted course of antibacterial therapy, and patients receiving anticoagulant therapy. Monitor prothrombin time in patients at risk and manage as indicated.

5.6 Development of Drug-Resistant Bacteria​

Prescribing cephalexin in the absence of a proven or strongly suspected bacterial infection is unlikely to provide benefit to the patient and increases the risk of the development of drug-resistant bacteria.

Prolonged use of cephalexin may result in the overgrowth of nonsusceptible organisms. Careful observation of the patient is essential. If superinfection occurs during therapy, appropriate measures should be taken.

6 ADVERSE REACTIONS​

The following serious events are described in greater detail in the Warning and Precautions section:
Thank you

You're welcome. I've had a couple of urinary tract infections since the Bactrim debacle. I'm using chlorine dioxide now; it knocks out a uti in about 4 hours. Andreas Kalcker has good information about it.

That’s fantastic. What is your protocol?

mostlylurking

That’s fantastic. What is your protocol?
Andreas Kalcker has several videos about how to make chlorine dioxide (CDS). I make the solution per his instructions, then I put 5-6 ccs of it in a 32 oz glass of ice water, put a lid on it and sip on it with a straw for 3-5 hours. It's important to sip on it for an extended time; if you just chug it down it doesn't work and can make you feel icky.

Here's a video.

If you want to learn more about it you can find more info on Brighteon.

Andreas Kalcker has several videos about how to make chlorine dioxide (CDS). I make the solution per his instructions, then I put 5-6 ccs of it in a 32 oz glass of ice water, put a lid on it and sip on it with a straw for 3-5 hours. It's important to sip on it for an extended time; if you just chug it down it doesn't work and can make you feel icky.

Here's a video.

If you want to learn more about it you can find more info on Brighteon.

Thank you very much. I’ve tried chlorine dioxide before but never noticed any benefit. But maybe I wasn’t using it this way. Much appreciated.

golder

I’ve just been prescribed cefixime for an infection. I asked if there was any alternative (cyclines/penicillin) but was recommended not to for this particular one. Could anyone give me some insight into the safety of this antibiotic - would really appreciate if you could share some expertise!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals