I`m very worried about my body temperature.

peatyzilian

Measured tonight and it`s 95.54.
Also my cholesterol is high.
I am probably hypothyroid? I am not understanding.
I eat a clean and very peaty diet and don`t have major stressors in my life...

How can i increase it?

redsun

How can i increase it?
If its basically always this low, then you are clearly hypothyroid. You need to get to a doc as soon as possible to get blood tests done on thyroid and iron status. What foods do you typically eat?

OP
P

peatyzilian

If its basically always this low, then you are clearly hypothyroid. You need to get to a doc as soon as possible to get blood tests done on thyroid and iron status. What foods do you typically eat?
Milk, eggs, OJ, white rice, lean meat, cheese, some veggie, fruit, fruit juice, coffee with sugar, potatoes (white and sweet), usually chicken breast....

redsun

Milk, eggs, OJ, white rice, lean meat, cheese, some veggie, fruit, fruit juice, coffee with sugar, potatoes (white and sweet), usually chicken breast....
Looks like the basics are probably covered such as iodine, selenium, zinc, etc. which could also contribute to this state. Get tested.

OP
P

peatyzilian

How can i increase it?
Update: looks like my thermometer is broken, because i measured my mom's temperature and showed up 94.1 °F.
I also measured my dad's temperature and was 95°F.
Anyway, i'm gonna buy another thermometer and check this.

redsun

Update: looks like my thermometer is broken, because i measured my mom's temperature and showed up 94.1 °F.
The thermometer should be in the back of the tongue where the heat pockets are. If you are measuring right, likely something is wrong with the thermometer.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Some people have had luck with digitals, but I have not.
I use mercury thermometers that I bought from Etsy as vintage items or the available Geratherm that seems to be in line with my mercury units.
Shaking the Geratherm down is easier though spinning it in a sock.

OP
P

peatyzilian

The thermometer should be in the back of the tongue where the heat pockets are. If you are measuring right, likely something is wrong with the thermometer.
I was measuring on the axilla. Didn`t know the right way was on the tongue.
Well, i bought a new thermometer and did some experiments.
Measuring my temp before a meal (in the back of the tongue), it was 97.52°F. After a meal with beef, white rice, some tomatoes, potatoes, and a glass of OJ it decreased to 96.98°F.
2 hours later, i had some coffe with milk and sugar. I felt a little warm and measured my temp again. It measured 98.06°F.
I am thinking that possibly starch makes my temperature drop.

redsun

I was measuring on the axilla. Didn`t know the right way was on the tongue.
Well, i bought a new thermometer and did some experiments.
Measuring my temp before a meal (in the back of the tongue), it was 97.52°F. After a meal with beef, white rice, some tomatoes, potatoes, and a glass of OJ it decreased to 96.98°F.
2 hours later, i had some coffe with milk and sugar. I felt a little warm and measured my temp again. It measured 98.06°F.
I am thinking that possibly starch makes my temperature drop.
You need to wait at least 15 minutes, maybe even more, after a meal before you measure oral temp as the food and liquid you consume will change the temp.

Caffeine in coffee is what rose your body temp. Caffeine will always raise body temp. Your prior meal had no caffeine, then you have coffee which has caffeine with milk and sugar.

OP
P

peatyzilian

You need to wait at least 15 minutes, maybe even more, after a meal before you measure oral temp as the food and liquid you consume will change the temp.

Caffeine in coffee is what rose your body temp. Caffeine will always raise body temp. Your prior meal had no caffeine, then you have coffee which has caffeine with milk and sugar.
Yes, i waited 15 minutes or more.
I will started measuring my morning temp also.

Phosphor

If you are going to take an oral temperature (in Japan they use the underarm) then you should not have ingested anything by mouth for quite a while, because if you have, what you are measuring is the effect of what you ingested on your mouth. That might be an interesting scientific experiment but has only a faint relationship to your body temperature. Surely this should be obvious?
I bought a Geratherm many years ago because of the inaccuracy and "early death" of digital thermometers. I highly recommend the Geratherm.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals