Is it ok to take B1 with coffee and black tea?

mostlylurking

so i take my b1 with just water? and maybe after an hour i start eating sugar and coffee or do i need to wait longer?
Yes, take b1 with just water. Space anything with sugar at least 30 minutes before and after taking b1. If you have a problem with thiamine deficiency or thiamine functional blockage coffee will make it worse. Some say it's ok to have a single small cup a day but I personally cannot tolerate any coffee.

OP
abady

abady

Yes, take b1 with just water. Space anything with sugar at least 30 minutes before and after taking b1. If you have a problem with thiamine deficiency or thiamine functional blockage coffee will make it worse. Some say it's ok to have a single small cup a day but I personally cannot tolerate any coffee.
:) ty so much this really helpful! but why sugar is a problem? i know coffee has anti thiamin effect but why sugar?

mostlylurking

:) ty so much this really helpful! but why sugar is a problem? i know coffee has anti thiamin effect but why sugar?
Thiamine is required to burn sugar via oxidative metabolism. Dr. Costantini warned not to take thiamine (b1) with anything with sugar. He had a lot of clinical experience helping people via high dose thiamine and observed their responses.
Links:
and

OP
abady

abady

Thiamine is required to burn sugar via oxidative metabolism. Dr. Costantini warned not to take thiamine (b1) with anything with sugar. He had a lot of clinical experience helping people via high dose thiamine and observed their responses.
Links:
and
thank you for your time really helpful! :)

joaquin

I take theanine with coffee and tea.
Yes that is a good combo.

However, I take benfotiamine and usually take it with a meal containing lots of fat. It is supposed to be fat soluble.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals