Let’s be honest, we’re aging at the same rate as normies

L_C

Four out of 5 dentists agree, no one gets out of this life alive.
Earth, being a great big recycling center, has no interest in letting any organism live too long.
While Peats theories and approaches may allow you to optimize your energy and lifespan, it has
evolved here by some as longevity.

Personally, I think this desire to "live forever" is just ego dominance.
Nothing lasts forever. Not even the sun.
Probably opening a can of worms here...you can find many references i.e. from 'entity art' that people used to have more 'giant' form and lived long lives. To allow for that their entire lifestyle, diet etc. was much different. They were not sickly like very tall people of today.

If those in charge had an interest in prolonging people's lives then for sure we would be living way differently. It seems like that since the Flood or whatever happened back then (around 10,000BC), humanity has just been going downhill. We have been living in the dark and every civilization is bringing more and more degeneracy.

It's only up to us - humanity - what we make out to be. The Earth just sits back and watches...but occasionally she does complain.

Sascha6990

I'm 32 and I can't help but notice the multitude of things that are ****88 up in people my generation. One of those is that they are not being conscious about their own bodies, feelings and sensations, it's like they are numb.

For me this is the most important thing a peaty lifestyle has taught me - to always be conscious and in tune with my body. I can actually feel a lot of sensations I didn't before and I also have the knowledge to make correlations and find solutions. For example I strongly feel when my stress hormones are rising. Also today I was thinking I'm starting to care less about how I look and more about what my body can do for me, how it can help me travel the most efficiently and smoothly through life :) Edit to elaborate a bit on this idea. What's the point in looking great if your body can't physically or mentally help you when you need it? Especially in dangerous situations, where you have to save your or your loved ones's lives? Looks can't matter to me as much as intelligence and strength, both for myself and my partner. I even have a sad example to give: recently in my country a very beautiful 27 year old girl drowned during a party near a lake, after going jetskiing without a life vest or knowing how to swim.

Whether or not we look good when aging has to do with a lot of factors and I could speculate that a low stress lifestyle is of utmost importance. Either that, or finding ways to lower stress that work for you. I'm saying this based on personal experience and thinking about photos like this one which shows the face of a soldier before and after the war. Here's the full article on this story Evgeny Stepanovich Kobytev: A soldier's face after four years of war, 1941-1945 - Rare Historical Photos

Also, these photos tell us stress isn't the only factor, some people here have aged faster than others, interesting to note these people have also had the same diet and environment (they are British soldiers photographed before, during and after their deployment in Afghanistan) Portraits of Soldiers Before, During, and After War

Attachments

• Evgeny Stepanovich Kobytev The human face after four years of war (1).jpg
    Evgeny Stepanovich Kobytev The human face after four years of war (1).jpg
    384.1 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Sascha6990, the difference is dramatic! Those pictures clearly show what stress can do to someone.

Nik665

Speaking for myself here, but I’ve been peating for ~7 years now and don’t really look younger than anyone my age, probably even older (that’s been like that all my life though, also I’m balding).

I will never give up peating, but often I wonder whether anything besides just not being overweight and not smoking actually matters all that much.

And yes I’m using looks as a measure of age. I don’t believe the body works in isolation where you can look old but inside you’re somehow “young”, it’s all the same organism.
i am not an advocate for anything except people experimenting but for me I shifted to a more Valter Longo style diet who is a PHd in longevity. And i feel and look on average a decade younger per the patients I see. When i tell them ive been working in the field for over a decade they often say NO WAY you cant look older than (insert age) and on average thats anout a decade. It is definitely not genetics as my siblings and both parents plus all family members look their age altough mostly older. Switching to low protein higher fat higher carb diet seems to have shifted how I age...plus my health markers are great in comparisioni to my siblings. Valter says this is a longevity diet so may not be the best if your goal is maximum musle gain. I am more or less experimenting with this for the potential anti cancer benefits, and the slowed aging. Valter explains why it is easy to maintain and build muscle if properly weight training, and i have not lost any muscle. So far only benefits but time will tell.

Nik665

I'm 32 and I can't help but notice the multitude of things that are ****88 up in people my generation. One of those is that they are not being conscious about their own bodies, feelings and sensations, it's like they are numb.

For me this is the most important thing a peaty lifestyle has taught me - to always be conscious and in tune with my body. I can actually feel a lot of sensations I didn't before and I also have the knowledge to make correlations and find solutions. For example I strongly feel when my stress hormones are rising. Also today I was thinking I'm starting to care less about how I look and more about what my body can do for me, how it can help me travel the most efficiently and smoothly through life :)

Whether or not we look good when aging has to do with a lot of factors and I could speculate that a low stress lifestyle is of utmost importance. Either that, or finding ways to lower stress that work for you. I'm saying this based on personal experience and thinking about photos like this one which shows the face of a soldier before and after the war. Here's the full article on this story Evgeny Stepanovich Kobytev: A soldier's face after four years of war, 1941-1945 - Rare Historical Photos

Also, these photos tell us stress isn't the only factor, some people here have aged faster than others, interesting to note these people have also had the same diet and environment (they are British soldiers photographed before, during and after their deployment in Afghanistan) Portraits of Soldiers Before, During, and After War
in the picture he looks like he just got very skinny, when i go low calorie in an effort to get beach body lean, my genetics mean i always lose face fat first and ab fat last, meaning i look much older as face skin tends to slightly lose volume and sag increases, but it is what it takes for my genetics to get very very lean. maybe he also had this common body fat loss pattern. it is not common for people to lose ab fat first and then other fat. i would say less than 5% of the population has this genetic fat lkoss pattern and they are often models. that being said i am not being a proponet of stress. it is definitely not good for the body if chronic, just saying this specific image may be a bad example.

L_C

i am not an advocate for anything except people experimenting but for me I shifted to a more Valter Longo style diet who is a PHd in longevity. And i feel and look on average a decade younger per the patients I see. When i tell them ive been working in the field for over a decade they often say NO WAY you cant look older than (insert age) and on average thats anout a decade. It is definitely not genetics as my siblings and both parents plus all family members look their age altough mostly older. Switching to low protein higher fat higher carb diet seems to have shifted how I age...plus my health markers are great in comparisioni to my siblings. Valter says this is a longevity diet so may not be the best if your goal is maximum musle gain. I am more or less experimenting with this for the potential anti cancer benefits, and the slowed aging. Valter explains why it is easy to maintain and build muscle if properly weight training, and i have not lost any muscle. So far only benefits but time will tell.
What fats does Longo endorse?

Explorer

I'm taller;

Hair is less tough, which gave it a more natural curly/unique look;

Penis is thicker(haven't even tried K2/D3 or DHT/DHEA);

Have more overall energy;

Can actually read something and focus on what I'm reading, even if only for a short period of time;

Can connect with people, instead of isolating and being absolutely non verbal or no action;

Just happier, really.

All I ever tried were a few doses of Niacinamide(2g/pill)
- A few doses of Pregnenolone
- A Whole lot of MB(which gave me full curly beard, even in spots where it fails/hair grew crazy fast)
- About 6 full months on Cascara Sagrada(Penis got smaller and thinner in this phase)
- Aspirin(the only thing I am taking currently, which varies but it usually goes to 1,5g/day)//(Penis got more than 2x thickeness on low doses,
also was bigger flacid)
Which brands/where you bought of all those, can you link please?

P

Peatress

For me this is the most important thing a peaty lifestyle has taught me - to always be conscious and in tune with my body. I can actually feel a lot of sensations I didn't before and I also have the knowledge to make correlations and find solutions. For example I strongly feel when my stress hormones are rising. Also today I was thinking I'm starting to care less about how I look and more about what my body can do for me, how it can help me travel the most efficiently and smoothly through life :) Edit to elaborate a bit on this idea. What's the point in looking great if your body can't physically or mentally help you when you need it? Especially in dangerous situations, where you have to save your or your loved ones's lives? Looks can't matter to me as much as intelligence and strength, both for myself and my partner. I even have a sad example to give: recently in my country a very beautiful 27 year old girl drowned during a party near a lake, after going jetskiing without a life vest or knowing how to swim.

Interesting photos but those men did not have the same diet or the same environment before joining the army unless they grew up in the same family, with the same medical history (such as vaccines) and the same town. This might explain why they aged at different rates.

Sascha6990

Interesting photos but those men did not have the same diet or the same environment before joining the army unless they grew up in the same family, with the same medical history (such as vaccines) and the same town. This might explain why they aged at different rates.
You're right, I meant they had the same diet/environment during the time the photos were taken.

Aymen

For me aging has to do with bad environment, bad diet, emotional /physical stress and few hours of sleep rather than loneliness.

Many people seem to enjoy their life in their 20's, they do their best to enjoy the moment (dopamine hit) and don't care about what the future holds for them, they want to enjoy parties (birthday, nightclub, etc), eating out with their friends, eating junk food on the go, and sleeping in late night hours (around 3am), i think those are the majority of people i have met in their 20's and some of the old people i met too have this mentality, you can't tell them sleeping early will increase your testosterone and growth hormones, sleep in the darkness to get restful night and be productive in the next day, don't eat pufas it will age you, don't use drugs they will mess up with your neurotransmitters, don't drink alcohol it will increase your estrogen and harm your liver, don't exercise too much or you will become catabolic.
You know when you are trying your best to live a good long live and see others how their live it's a disappointment, you lose attraction to people, you will hardly find someone who you will click with, you may develop anhedonia and become isolated but you still fight to find the best way to mix a peaty lifestyle with the environment you live with, when you advice people they tell you they will not live 100 years, they just want to enjoy the moment and die in their late 60's and early 70's, for them that's the age of becomig close to death, they were responsible for their results with the bad habits they did, i have seen many people i advised have a big belly in their late 20's, some older people i knew too lack hearing capabilities in their late 50's and have early signs of alzheimer's disease, use medication to walk straight, use cortisone injections to numb their pain, avoiding sugar and saturated fat and cholesterol because they cause heart disease and diabetes.

No matter how we go peatarians, we will always be in war to fight loneliness, the environment we live in is toxic so we have to do our best to reduce the stress with ray peat advice, our good diet and lifestyle (good quality night sleep, High carbs preferably from ripe fruits, calcium to phophorus ratio, avoiding intestinal inflammation, doing exercise we enjoy, low pufas, low iron, moderate fat intake from saturated fats, avoiding emotional stress, sunlight, ,maybe aspirin and neurosteroids and strong coffee and thyroid, developing emotional intelligence will help us to get away from the stress that bad people do).

So the good diet and lifestyle will help us a lot in reducing aging and i think this is more important than the example of people i talked about in the beginning, all of them aged too faster than the lonely people (i consider myself lonely).

If you can somewhat have a mix of all of them (good diet and lifestyle, having people you love and understand you, avoiding toxic people) then you can be the next centenarian, if you can be lonely and isolate yourself without being affected by the stress it causes then do it, if you can go out with friends without eating bad stuff with them then do it, if you get invited to birthday parties and refuse to eat cakes then do it, if you can can make a balance between the way you eat and keeping your friends for a long time then do it, do your best at all costs, find what works for you and come back to me, and tell me what you did so i can learn from you. I,m adapted to loneliness so it's not affecting my mental health, it took me a long time to fight it, i had many periods of depression and anhedonia, but then i lost hope, then i came back stronger than before, but i still realize that i have to find good people in life, that think like me and respect my ideas, i lost motivation to find good people because all the people i advised didn't care and some laughed at me, my bad experience with others is what discourages me, i,m basically a foreigner in my own country.

With that being said, I,m thin and walking to office and buying foods are my only exercise (i didn't lift for about 3 years), i hardly gain weight, I abuse sugar 24/7, everyday diet is 500 g of dates, 4 oranges or any ripe fruits in their season but i eat dates all year round, 1 tbsp honey, 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil, 2 liters of low fat milk or a liter of raw milk, 50 g parmigiano reggiano and 50 g swiss emmentaler or french camembert (animal rennet), 5 small pasture raised eggs (sometimes i eat one big duck egg instead), occasionally i eat liver and potatoes, i add raw cacao to milk and i started 2 days ago adding tobacco blends to my morning coffee, i stopped eating meat again because it hurts my wisdom teeth, i don't eat white sugar anymore and don't drink or use supplements or herbs, i,m still alive, i,m turning 27 this June and they tell me i look 3 years younger. Probably i will start to sprint again.

Morning wood ever day
very strong libido when i try to think about sex
got aroused super easily even when women are not doing any thing provocative
i walk super fast
i sleep very well
i remember many events in my childhood and teenage years
i hardly forgot old things
beard and mustache grow super fast
don't sweat easily
don't have agitation from very hot weather
With the good physical and mental abilities that i have after years of experimenting, i still tell you that there some moments of my life when i lost hope in Ray Peat, but didn't post it in the forum, i was about the throw all the sugar and switch to starch instead, when i achieved the so called " super human abilities" i neglected my oral health, i thought that if eat right and my hormones are in the right place then brushing teeth is not important, i used to eat fruits every 2 hours and drink cold milk, when i devlopped gingivitis things became very bad (see my teeth here How To Treat Gingivitis At Home?)
I was afraid that i will get periodontal disease from abusing sugar so i went to the dentist and glady my gums healed after doing a deep cleaning, he told me to brush twice a day, i learnt at that time that gum health was not about good thyroid, calcium and vitamin D and low intestinal inflammation but always about brushing it (maybe it works if you brush without toothpaste), but i blamed ray peat and said that sugar is not good for the teeth, my emotions of fear won me, then i listened to another interview where he said to joelle that snacking all day with fruits is bad for your teeth when she asked him (i don't remember the interview), and in other one he recommanded rinsing the mouth with baking soda, so i switched my bad habits, i tried to peat again and insisted on doing the same high sugar diet but this time without abusing sugar every 2 hours so what i did is i divide all of my fruits in 3 meals, with warming milk a bit, i always think that cold milk harmed my intestinal health, i don't drink cold milk anymore, i eat all the oranges in the last meat then i brush my teeth 30 minutes after, not brushed acid is what harms your teeth more than sugar, you need to know how to deal with the sugar or it will harm your teeth, it doesn't mean that Ray peat is wrong but it's how you understand his work is wrong.
Maybe i will post more about gum health soon, today my gums are pink, no signs of gingivitis and my smile is back to how i wanted it to be.

Conclusion: God bless Ray Peat, and if something didn't work for you then don't blame Ray peat but blame how your understand his work.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals