MIT: Atmosphere Above Japan Heated Rapidly Before 2011 M9 Earthquake

Peater

Earthquake activity is related to solar activity and 'space weather' so it could be natural ohmic heating of the atmosphere.

OP
ALS

ALS

Earthquake activity is related to solar activity and 'space weather' so it could be natural ohmic heating of the atmosphere.
MIT came up with a hypothesis about radon gas and earthquakes, which doesn't make sense to me.

They did not mention solar activity or space weather. I would presume they would have mentioned those, had they been possibilities.

HAARP was designed in part to heat the ionosphere, which is what the MIT article was focusing on - the ionosphere suddenly heating in an area above a fault line.

Peater

They did not mention solar activity or space weather. I would presume they would have mentioned those, had they been possibilities.

That's that settled then. Not sure why you bothered posting TBH.

Nick

A foolish thing to presume. Mainstream scientists of all stripes tend to completely ignore the large body of evidence in the peer reviewed literature linking solar activity to just about everthing including climate, weather, biology, earthquakes and volcanism. In Gerald Pollack's "4th phase of water" book he talked about evidence that solar factors influence the behavior of water as well as chemical reactions, the rate of radioactive decay and possibly even (very minorly) the gravitational constant.

This video may be of interest:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLcJ851kGXk

Last edited:
OP
ALS

ALS

A foolish thing to presume. Mainstream scientists of all stripes tend to completely ignore the large body of evidence in the peer reviewed literature linking solar activity to just about everthing including climate, weather, biology, earthquakes and volcanism. In Gerald Pollack's "4th phase of water" book he talked about evidence that solar factors influence the behavior of water as well as chemical reactions, the rate of radioactive decay and possibly even (very minorly) the gravitational constant.

This video may be of interest:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLcJ851kGXk

So what was the solar activity on or just prior to March 11 2011 that would have caused a massive earthquake off the east coast of Japan?

Nick

So what was the solar activity on or just prior to March 11 2011 that would have caused a massive earthquake off the east coast of Japan?
I'm not arguing that it for sure caused it, just that it shouldn't be discounted, especially with the atmospheric heating.
Looks like March 8 had a CME release and March 9 had an X1.5 solar flare. The CME struck on the 10th, causing moderate geomagnetic storms peaking around kp6. Because this was so close to the spring equinox, the geomagnetic coupling is stronger than normal (Earth is passing through the solar equatorial plane). Perhaps most importantly, there was a large coronal hole facing Earth on the 11th. The coronal hole ion stream would not hit Earth until several days later but some have suggested some kind of immediate electrical effect as soon as the hole is facing Earth.

Peater

Looks like there were events on the 7th, 8th, and 9th.

OP
ALS

ALS

Looks like there were events on the 7th, 8th, and 9th.

I am aware of how often solar flares happen, mainly because I have a keen interest in viewing the aurora borealis. They've happened so many times in the past and recently, that attaching some or other earthquake to them is a real stretch.

Peater

Attachments

• lmao.JPG
    lmao.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 8
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals