Need Direction, Several Issues

Tourist

Hello
>
> September of 2013 I developed several symptoms that ended up being candida. I had candida on the top of my eyelids as well as other places I will not mention. I had been to several doctors that used me as a guinnie pig but could not tell me what was wrong with me. I have a friend that knows a holistic nurse practitioner and I went to her. She took one look at me and immediately told me it was Candida. Unfortunately, I refused to do the diet for candida to the point of it getting so severe that in February of 2014 I finally broke down to start the Candida diet. From there I went back to get blood testing done. This is when I found out that I have lots of food allergies, hypothyroidism, and progesterone was very low and estrogen very high and sever adrenal fatigue. Also forgot to add that 10 years prior to this I had my left ovary taken out due to a cyst that was the size of a grapefruit that had erupted. This led into excessive bleeding so a year later they did the oblation procedure. I have not had normal periods, if any at all.
>
> From Feb 2014 till May 2016, of course I followed a very strict Candida diet. In those 2 years I could not even hardly workout, which I was use to going to the gym 2hrs a day, 3x a week, I was put on Armour thyroid and lots of other supplements for the Candida. I gained 15 lbs, which was hard for me to understand seeing how strict my diet was. Eventually I could only take short 10 min walks 3 x a week or I would get exhausted. I was not having any outward candida symptoms by the beginning of 2016
>
> Fast forward to May 2016. I fell upon Forefront health on the internet. This gentleman, Tom Brimeyer is all about hypothyroidism. My Practitioner is not helping me any, just taking my blood work to check my thyroid numbers every 6 months. So I thought what the heck and started his plan in May of 2016. The first three months I had a lot more energy than I had in the last year. I am now 6 months into this program and have been following it at least 90% of everything required. However, last month my estrogen spiked ( I deal a lot with estrogen dominance, this time aS one of the worst) and I had candida come out on my eyelids again. So I started taking the Progest-e 6 drops in the morning and 6 in the evening before bed. Some of the Candida is gone, but not all the way. I am experiencing fatigue off and on as well as bouts of depression here and there.
>
> A couple weeks ago I fell upon another man on the internet that was pretty similar to Tom at Fore front. His name is Danny Roddy. So I read some of his articles which lead me to Ray Peat. Now he does it a little different than Tom. I haven't been drinking as much milk with a tbs of sugar(as he suggest to do) in it with most of my meals. As well as, Tom has you drink only half of the shakes he suggest for snacks. Which means half the sugar. I notice that the example of eating plan Danny gives, does have more sugar incorporated in the meals. At this point what can I loose, So I thought I would give what Danny suggest to do and see if I could see any difference. My only concern is Tom says to eat tuber type vegetables and Danny says none. I cannot seam to get my pulse rate over 68 beats per minute nor my temp over 96.9. I have started taking w grand about 3 wks ago and could see a difference, this actually when my temp got to 96.9. I tried the DR diet and gained another 5lbs.

I'm curious about your feedback on Tom Brimeyer. He does mention Ray through some of his posts but doesn't go into detail with food. Do you feel like you gained more from him than Roddy?

Thanks, Laura

I am depressed gaining weight and not being able to work out on a consistently.

Also, I live in Indiana. The Dr I have been using is really not focussing on my thyroid, so I need someone that is looking at my temp. Also, seeing how i upped my dosage to 2 grains a day and will need a Dr for refill seeing how she had me on 1grain.

I also recently stumbled across stop the thyroid madness which concussed me with what I have been doing, especially with the sugar. I am so desperate to stop gaining weight and be able to work out. I just don't know what direction to take.

I am a type of person. That needs instructions and layout plans, especially when,it comes to eating. That is one thing I liked about Tom from Fore fronts plans.
>
>
>
> So in saying all this, I would love any opinion/suggestion ??

Thanks

Michelle
cur

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals