Penicillin, Tetracycline - Which One Does Ray Peat Use?

Logan-

Which one does RP have in mind, in these email exchanges? Aren't these doses low? Which one do forum members prefer most, penicillin or tetracyline (or its derivatives)?

Antibiotics
No, I just do it occasionally.

I usually break the tablets up, and use fourths or halves, at intervals according to need. It's important to get some vitamin K1 or K2 when you use an antibiotic (liver or kale, or supplements). Have you checked your thyroid? Low thyroid function is usually behind the dark circles.

For myself, I judge by symptoms; if I feel an effect from a first dose, I take a smaller dose, usually 100mg, the next time, and similar amounts as long as the symptom is decreasing, and when I don't notice any symptom, I take a few smaller doses.

Since most people get some vitamin K from intestinal bacteria, it's important to eat liver or to take a K supplement if you use antibiotics for a long time. After a first big dose or two, you should be able to sense when you have enough in your tissues; it has a noticeable smell or sensation while exhaling. I have found that 3 doses of 100mg per day for a few days is usually enough, after one or two bigger doses.

[Raw garlic as an antibiotic] It's about as hard on the stomach as on the germs.

Ray Peat Email Exchanges - Ray Peat Forum Wiki

Beastmode

Based on my interactions and his writings, he's probably referring to Penicillin.

Penicillin has been very beneficial fo me thus far. The way he describes how he uses it is pretty consistent with the benefits I've used it.

I've noticed a significant difference with a full tablet when symptoms were strong and I've also noticed a milder difference, yet effective, with 1/8th of a tablet per day over a week's period.

There's a "euphoric" experience that Peat and some have talked about from taking it is pretty cool as it's not associated with an adrenaline spike, etc.

Beastmode

Thank you for sharing, how many milligrams is a full tablet?

Is the allergy risk higher with the penicillin than it is with the tetracyclines?

250 mg.

From what I've read, it's best to just pay attention for any allergic type symptoms. Most are fine with it.

OP
L

Logan-

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals