Peptides

olowshinenine

Forum Supporter
I stumbled upon peptides a few years ago and took the leap to actually try 2 of them in may of 2022. I took bpc 157 for its presumed healing properties to deal with gerd. and I took 5 amino 1mq for its weight loss properties.

bpc was injected into belly fat and 5 amino was taken by capsule orally

After only two weeks I stopped because I noticed anhedonia, and cold penis shrinkage.

I am concerned I caused permanent damage to my libido and hormone profile using these drugs for the time I did because later in 2022 I developed peyroines and after hormone testing in march 2023 I found I have very low t. ( never had such a low sex drive as I do now, for 37 years my sex drive has been 120% )

Anyone use these peptides and what has been your experience? Can they cause permanent damage to the hormone profile?

I regret taking them but read so many posts on reddit about how amazing they are.

Osukhan

interested to see what others have experienced, only have read good things about these as well...

Ben.

I've read of bcp157 not agreeing with some people. I orderd some and will test it out once i get it.

Hans

Forum Supporter
I stumbled upon peptides a few years ago and took the leap to actually try 2 of them in may of 2022. I took bpc 157 for its presumed healing properties to deal with gerd. and I took 5 amino 1mq for its weight loss properties.

bpc was injected into belly fat and 5 amino was taken by capsule orally

After only two weeks I stopped because I noticed anhedonia, and cold penis shrinkage.

I am concerned I caused permanent damage to my libido and hormone profile using these drugs for the time I did because later in 2022 I developed peyroines and after hormone testing in march 2023 I found I have very low t. ( never had such a low sex drive as I do now, for 37 years my sex drive has been 120% )

Anyone use these peptides and what has been your experience? Can they cause permanent damage to the hormone profile?

I regret taking them but read so many posts on reddit about how amazing they are.
What other hormones have you tested?
What other health symptoms did you develop? Gut issues?

OP
O

olowshinenine

Forum Supporter
This is all i got back when I tested hormones.

my last test only had the following values
Testosterone254 ng/dL264 - 916 ng/dLL
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin26 nmol/L13 - 90 nmol/L
Albumin, Blood4.1 g/dL3.4 - 5.2 g/dL
Testosterone, Free Calculated200 pmol/L>200 pmol/L pmol/LL
Testosterone, Bioavailable129 ng/dL>130 ng/dLL

OP
O

olowshinenine

Forum Supporter
I've injected decent dosage BPC-157 a couple of times, intramuscular and subq in belly and chest skin. Havent noticed any negatives, only reduced inflammation from what I could tell. Maybe it was fake, the european vendors are not as legit as the US or Canada vendors. By not as legit I mean they have not analysis and nobody else posted analysis on them, so...
Good to know you didn't experience any sexual sides. Perhaps it was the 5 amino which gave me sexual sides. I just hope there is not permanent damage.

Hans

Forum Supporter
This is all i got back when I tested hormones.

my last test only had the following values
Testosterone254 ng/dL264 - 916 ng/dLL
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin26 nmol/L13 - 90 nmol/L
Albumin, Blood4.1 g/dL3.4 - 5.2 g/dL
Testosterone, Free Calculated200 pmol/L>200 pmol/L pmol/LL
Testosterone, Bioavailable129 ng/dL>130 ng/dLL
The problem is that this doesn't really tell us why T is low. :)
It could be low LH, high E2, high stress hormones, gut issues, etc.

OP
O

olowshinenine

Forum Supporter
The only things I noticed from bpc 157 and 5 amino were anhedonia and cold retracted penis. My penis came back to life once I stopped but never was the same and I developed peyroines later that year. I am guessing from lack of oxygen and proper blood flow.

OP
O

olowshinenine

Forum Supporter
The problem is that this doesn't really tell us why T is low. :)
It could be low LH, high E2, high stress hormones, gut issues, etc.
Yes I need to get a much more detailed test done but I dont know what to ask my doctor for.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Yes I need to get a much more detailed test done but I dont know what to ask my doctor for.
I'd do LH, estradiol, cortisol, prolactin, DHEA and serum/urinary catecholamines.

Low libido, anhedonia and shrunken/cold penor are often due to low dopamine and/or low noradrenaline.

OP
O

olowshinenine

Forum Supporter
I'd do LH, estradiol, cortisol, prolactin, DHEA and serum/urinary catecholamines.

Low libido, anhedonia and shrunken/cold penor are often due to low dopamine and/or low noradrenaline.
got the peptides probably didn't contribute.

What does ray peat say about injecting peptides?

Steed

got the peptides probably didn't contribute.

What does ray peat say about injecting peptides?
I dont think Ray liked them. I believe he said it was a waste of money at one point. I dont remember him discussing the safety profile, but I would guess that they would not be up his alley.

Pablo Cruise

I know my Biochem but I just have to wonder that individual peptides have any beneficial effect. Are there studies to justify their use? The other questions are bio availability.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals