Poop Out More PUFA For Maximum Deficiency - (Alert! Human Study)

Clyde

In this study, humans passed 16.8-17.8% of the fat contained in the whole peanuts but as little as 4.2% of the peanut butter fat. So extra processing dramatically increased fat/pufa absorption.

Extrapolating from this study, raw corn is better than cooked corn or corn flour in the context of pufa absorption.

If confronted with peanuts, the best technique is to toss them back with a beverage and avoid chewing 🤢.

Attachments

• whole peanut absorption.pdf
    288.6 KB · Views: 10
  • image_2023-11-15_180523571.png
    image_2023-11-15_180523571.png
    4.4 KB · Views: 17

macheddy

In this study, humans passed 16.8-17.8% of the fat contained in the whole peanuts but as little as 4.2% of the peanut butter fat. So extra processing dramatically increased fat/pufa absorption.

Extrapolating from this study, raw corn is better than cooked corn or corn flour in the context of pufa absorption.

If confronted with peanuts, the best technique is to toss them back with a beverage and avoid chewing 🤢.
that explains the incredible longevity of cornback rattlesnakes and their cousin the aquatic peanut python.

OP
C

Clyde

The study made me reconsider how bad foods highish in PUFA like oatmeal are. Oatmeal is far higher in fiber and far lower in fat. What if most of the oatmeal fat ends in the toilet and that's why it's actually very healthy.

And maybe I stop worrying about whole sesame seeds or sunflower seeds in bread or wherever.

Last edited:

EustaceBagge

Indigestible stuff makes absorption of nutrients, including pufa, more difficult. Wouldn't (indigestible) fiber be a good candidate?

S.Holmes

Has anyone ever tried chitosan for fat absorption? I'm experimenting now, on my first bottle.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231117_075252_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231117_075252_Chrome.jpg
    486.1 KB · Views: 8

bookshelf

Is there a way to test PUFA saturation? It would be nice if there was a reliable lab marker to let people know exactly what their PUFA status is (like iron or TSH or vitamin d levels). Otherwise, it can seem like a fool's errand. I get history and symptoms are an indicator but for those who have been actively working to reduce exposure and address the effects of it, it would be nice to know where they stand (are these efforts working? how well?) with a baseline and opportunity for comparison. As well, you can have someone who is really skinny and they have an unhealthy ratio of stored PUFAs and someone who is 'thicker' who has a really low PUFA content. How do we know?

OP
C

Clyde

Indigestible stuff makes absorption of nutrients, including pufa, more difficult. Wouldn't (indigestible) fiber be a good candidate?
(Sorry, I didn't see your post. I'm not used to this format or posting generally.)

In the study they added 20 grams of extra fiber and compared it to no added fiber. Like you guessed, the fiber worked to reduce absorption of fat by 1-3 grams for all preparations. Maybe something like chitosan that S.Holmes mentioned would work better than whatever fiber they used.

But the main difference was because teeth are only able to crumble the peanut into very small bits and it protects the nutrients from digestion.

A food like oatmeal may have a larger indigestible percentage of fat because there is more fiber to carry out less fat. But I haven't ready any papers on this yet so I'm not sure.

Last edited:
OP
C

Clyde

I agree...a completely misleading thread title. And why "Alert!"?
just really idiotic who ever started this thread.
It's just my sense of humor. No offense.

Adding fiber or processing less will decrease pufa absorption and facilitate efa deficiency. You would be pooping out the pufa and there is a human study. So I don't know that it's so misleading but it could be less silly.

I think it's a useful study for people who track their pufa intake. Everybody likes human studies.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom