Prepping list

Please post incites on prepping through a peat lense.

Here is a list of things I'm stocking up on...

White rice
Powdered milk
Powdered eggs
Coconut oil
Lard
Non iodized salt
Various spices
Canned oysters
White sugar
Flour
Honey
Maple syrup
Aspirin

Please post anything I missed. The hard part is a viable protein source.

JonahMark

Casein protein powders.

At some point, you'll find that Ray Peat friendly prepper food is too expensive and you'll have to dip into so called regular food. You won't get as much bang for your buck buying strictly Peaty foods.

On top of what you listed, i have purchased low fat tuna from wild planet, canned chicken, and canned low fat cheese ravioli.

If there was a SHTF scenario or the upcoming food shortage crisis that's being thrown around the prepper community, you can throw out sticking to Peaty foods. At that point, you'll want to take in calories so you'll have a choice of starving or eating PUFA iron filled canned foods. With that said, stock up on Vitamin E.

michael94

Corn and Calcium Hydroxide

You can also Nixtamalize with WoodAsh Lye

For making Masa/Tortillas

Casein protein powders.

At some point, you'll find that Ray Peat friendly prepper food is too expensive and you'll have to dip into so called regular food. You won't get as much bang for your buck buying strictly Peaty foods.

On top of what you listed, i have purchased low fat tuna from wild planet, canned chicken, and canned low fat cheese ravioli.

If there was a SHTF scenario or the upcoming food shortage crisis that's being thrown around the prepper community, you can throw out sticking to Peaty foods. At that point, you'll want to take in calories so you'll have a choice of starving or eating PUFA iron filled canned foods. With that said, stock up on Vitamin E.
I have always appreciated Lotioncrafter Vitamin E. Ive used their Vitamin E since 2018 and have found it to be excellent. You can order the small size and its like 13 dollars plus shipping and it lasts a long time unless youre wasteful with it. Theyre based out of Washington State

michael94

Canning and Pickling Salt
Baking Soda
MSM since thats my favorite Sulfur Source
Pu-Erh Tea (personal favorite)

Cinnamon Sticks as a luxury item for making Cinnamon Tea which I use to cut my coffee
Dried Bay Leaves

I live in a suburban area so Im going to try my hand at planting Carrots with the limited Garden space we have. I grew potatoes during the covid pandemic and it was very simple, but I know other plants require more attention.

some of the Whole Foods Non-Refrigerated Coconut Milk
it does have gums, but I still use it.
Green Tea

some Coffee but not trying to be reliant on it. Regardless Coffee would be an extremely valuable barter item if SHTF or even if there was supply chain disruption that limited imports

Creating a stock of eggshell powder. I recommend soaking them in diluted bleach before drying and grinding in order to dissolve and wash away the membrane

Last edited:

michael94

Please post incites on prepping through a peat lense.

Here is a list of things I'm stocking up on...

White rice
Powdered milk
Powdered eggs
Coconut oil
Lard
Non iodized salt
Various spices
Canned oysters
White sugar
Flour
Honey
Maple syrup
Aspirin

Please post anything I missed. The hard part is a viable protein source.
You can consider defatted Soy protein as one of many protein sources (hear me out)

Its almost zero fat ( so you can use whatever oil when you cook it and that will be the main fat), stores for an extremely long time, and super cheap. It makes a decent ground beef alternative when you add spices. It also goes by the name "TVP", if you look it up on youtube youll find tons of vegetarian and vegan recipes with it and you can just adjust them to your liking.

-Luke-

Applesauce has a relatively long shelf life. Just got a jar out of the fridge (bought yesterday) and the best before date (or whatever that's called in English...) is November 2024, so two and a half years.

Gelatin hasn't been mentioned yet.

JohnHafterson

Gun and other handheld weapons ( good knife, baseball bat, etc ) - if you can't defend yourself and/or your food there's really no point in prepping.

I have a feeling if shtf most combat will be hand to hand close quarters - bullets will be hard to come by medium/long term - stay in decent shape and take a defense class?

michael94

Gun and other handheld weapons ( good knife, baseball bat, etc ) - if you can't defend yourself and/or your food there's really no point in prepping.

I have a feeling if shtf most combat will be hand to hand close quarters - bullets will be hard to come by medium/long term - stay in decent shape and take a defense class?
Got to prepare for the worst always, but I think the next crisis will be closer to the 2020 pandemic and the 2008 Recession mixed together.

An extendable baton might be more wieldy for most people than a baseball bat. If you are expecting to have to defend your preps, the sorts of people who would be seeking to steal from others in these situations travel in groups and would be armed. Youll need a gun.

Fred

Oatmeal, raisins, other dried fruits. Dried meats.
Kerosene lamp/stove.
Powdered milk often contains nanoparticles, so watch out for that.

I'm.No.One

As someone who has been prepping for well over a decade please don't limit yourself to only peat approved foods.

Like others have said this type of eating will be somewhat unrealistic in a real food / inflation crisis.

With that in mind these are the things I keep 6+ months supplies of on hand at all times some are/some aren't peaty:

White Rice
Flour
Wheat berries (stores longer than pre-made flour but you need a grinder)
Pearled barley
Quick oats
Regular oats
Corn meal fine & course
10+different kinds of beans + Kombu seaweed to soak them with in case my goats/milk cow aren't in production & I don't have yogurt on hand.
Canned/dried/frozen milk.
Sugar, more sugar, different types of sugar.
Molasses
Honey
Maple syrup
Vanilla/cocoa powder
Vinegar/many types
Instant potatoes
Instant split pea soup (essential organics)
Salt, salt, more salt.
Pre-made pasta (unenriched is out there, just gata look)
Baking soda/powder/instant yeast
Deep freezers full of meat, get a good vacuum sealer & you'll have about 2 years before freezer burn sets in.
Canned tomatoes (usually a combo of my own efforts & organic BPA free canned)
More seasonings/culinary herbs than I can shake a stick at, you NEED variety in flavor or eating can become hard.
Gelatin
Eggs that have been frozen/water glassed (will not work with store bought eggs)/salt cured yolks.
Cheese freezes well too just shreds a little different when thawed but melts/tastes just fine.
Avocado oil
Olive oil
Tallow
Lard
Ghee/butter (butter freezes amazing)
Coconut oil
Duck fat

For storage of dried good use buckets with gamma lids (Uline has them) & oxygen absorbers.

Also there's a ton of online food calculators that are super handy at showing you what amount of food you/your family size will actually need to get through however many amount of months you choose.

Good luck & it's like planting a tree, the best time to start prepping was a decade ago, the second best time to start prepping is now.

Last edited:

David PS

FqNr6QZXwAALqYT

Perry Staltic

Potato onions and Egyptian walking onions are multiplier onions that you don't have to grow from seed.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals