Progesterone dosage for boosting cortisol/T3 utilization

Judd Crane

I've felt like T3 tanks my cortisol levels, so I'm about to try progesterone to remedy this. What dosages should achieve this? And would the addition of DHEA negate these effects by lowering cortisol?

Thanks for input.

conrad0602

I've felt like T3 tanks my cortisol levels, so I'm about to try progesterone to remedy this. What dosages should achieve this? And would the addition of DHEA negate these effects by lowering cortisol?

Thanks for input.
I'd be interested to know this too. Also how would prog/DHEA (cortinon) compare to pregnenolone (stressnon) for this purpose?

Pavel

Thanks for input.
Progesterone, pregnenolone and DHEA will inhibit cortisol even more. I believe thyroid hormones increases demand for cortisol.

OP
Judd Crane

Judd Crane

I'd be interested to know this too. Also how would prog/DHEA (cortinon) compare to pregnenolone (stressnon) for this purpose?
In the CortiNon thread I think haidut linked research indicating progesterone may be less safe for males with regards to cortisol, which may be what we want in this situation. Also, progesterone is closer to cortisol in the precursor chain. I've been trying out CortiNon during last week. At one drop it helped me with mood, sleep and energy. After upping to two drops yesterday I had bad insomnia, which could be due to tanked cortisol levels.

I've also tried pregnenolone which seemed to have estrogenic effects on me and wrecked my sleep. Next I will try adrenal cortex. After that I might try hydrocortisone or straight progesterone. I've spoken about hydrocortisone supplementation with Danny Roddy however who said that's one of the worst health interventions he knew of.

Jsaute21

Thanks for input.
Doesn’t progesterone oppose cortisol at the cellular level?

OP
Judd Crane

Judd Crane

Doesn’t progesterone oppose cortisol at the cellular level?
Yeah, seems to be a mixed bag. Another forum user experienced progesterone as cortisol suppressive at doses over 10mg.

I've now tried adrenal cortex and felt better taking it. But I will try my luck with the precursors first, in order to boost natural cortisol production. Next I will try nightly doses of progestene.

OP
Judd Crane

Judd Crane

Update: Progestene seems to work better for me than CortiNon. I'm taking three drops of Progestene, which seems to improve energy, mood and doesn't give me dry eyes like the CortiNon. Initially I had quite crazy dreams with Progestene, but not anymore. Might increase dosage next week. Now I dose in the morning If it gets too sedating I will try it at night, to hopefully improve sleep. Also, my penis seems to have been desensitized, which is a welcome side effect to me, but how to differentiate between desensitization and anti-androgenic numbing that is commonly reported?

Lancaster

Anecdotally, I've never seen a male with low serum cortisol (verified via lab testing) fix it with progesterone, as the issue is rarely, if ever a deficiency of upstream precursor material.
Not claiming that it isn't possible, but the vast majority of labs I see with adrenal insufficiency are secondary, meaning low/suppressed ACTH, and by-proxy impaired hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase activity.
Taking progesterone exogenously does little to address that, otherwise it'd be the treatment of choice for people with actual adrenal insufficiency.

OP
Judd Crane

Judd Crane

Anecdotally, I've never seen a male with low serum cortisol (verified via lab testing) fix it with progesterone, as the issue is rarely, if ever a deficiency of upstream precursor material.
Not claiming that it isn't possible, but the vast majority of labs I see with adrenal insufficiency are secondary, meaning low/suppressed ACTH, and by-proxy impaired hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase activity.
Taking progesterone exogenously does little to address that, otherwise it'd be the treatment of choice for people with actual adrenal insufficiency.
Thanks. Do you have any insights on how to un-suppress ACTH?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals