Progesterone first observations

jzone56

27 yr male
185 lbs ~15% bf

time of day: 8pm post-workout
Method of administration: topical
Dosage: ~1.7mg

Gabaergic effects felt 30-50mins post administration.

other observations:
1. testicles retreated closer to the body, sack became tight

2. some sort of tightness observed in lower abdomen/gut area

3. acute nasal congestion

All of the above effects have disappeared upon waking.

Goals: to test whether acute progesterone administration can directly benefit sex drive and indirectly benefit muscular Hypertrophy through GcR & E2 antagonism

Cooper

Hello, why are you taking Progesterone? Why do you think it can help your sex drive?

Did you know males also need E2 for proper libido? I have no idea how 1.7 mg topical Progesterone on your wrist made those effects on you. You must have felt nothing at all on that dose, none, this is interesting.

Prog will supress your LH in the long run and it decreases Test. I think you should reconsider your protocol.

Also acute administration? I inject 50mg of Progesterone daily on my fat tissue due to my Post Accutane Syndrome* to upregulate my Androgen Receptors.
Prog is an anti androgen, it competes with AR's.

What is your main health problem? If you are just playing around with hormones just for testing them, please don't.

Human body didn't evolve to use external synthetic hormones 315,000 years ago.

And 20 years of modern science is nothing but a joke. We actually know nothing about human body and i am a victim* of it.

Last edited:
OP
jzone56

jzone56

Hello, why are you taking Progesterone? Why do you think it can help your sex drive?

Did you know males also need E2 for proper libido? I have no idea how 1.7 mg topical Progesterone on your wrist made those effects on you. You must have felt nothing at all on that dose, none, this is interesting.

Prog will supress your LH in the long run and it decreases Test. I think you should reconsider your protocol.

Also acute administration? I inject 50mg of Progesterone daily on my fat tissue due to my Post Accutane Syndrome* to upregulate my Androgen Receptors.
Prog is an anti androgen, it competes with AR's.

What is your main health problem? If you are just playing around with hormones just for testing them, please don't.

Human body didn't evolve to use external synthetic hormones 315,000 years ago.

And 20 years of modern science is nothing but a joke. We actually know nothing about human body and i am a victim* of it.
Numerous reports of men experiencing increased libido with <5mg progesterone administration.

I also know that males need E2 for proper libido & I don't know what to tell you, those were the effects felt.

Do you know at what dosage/plasma concentration of progesterone LH is suppressed? Studies used to de-sexualize sex offenders, and hypersexual individuals use injections of 40mg+

Yes, in high doses progesterone can bind to the AR.

Experimenting to see whether progesterone administration is anabolic by way of being anti-catabolic, whether it actually does increase sex drive, and finally whether the overall effects increase or decrease quality of life.

Progesterone is not a synthetic hormone... But i understand your point of it being "made in a lab, so therefore not 'natural'".. However, there is merit to hormone supplementation/experimentation/replacement. As evident by the increasing number of men hopping on TRT, Thyroid, and a lot of male users in this forum experimenting with Progesterone.

Cooper

Numerous reports of men experiencing increased libido with <5mg progesterone administration.

I also know that males need E2 for proper libido & I don't know what to tell you, those were the effects felt.

Do you know at what dosage/plasma concentration of progesterone LH is suppressed? Studies used to de-sexualize sex offenders, and hypersexual individuals use injections of 40mg+

Yes, in high doses progesterone can bind to the AR.

Experimenting to see whether progesterone administration is anabolic by way of being anti-catabolic, whether it actually does increase sex drive, and finally whether the overall effects increase or decrease quality of life.

Progesterone is not a synthetic hormone... But i understand your point of it being "made in a lab, so therefore not 'natural'".. However, there is merit to hormone supplementation/experimentation/replacement. As evident by the increasing number of men hopping on TRT, Thyroid, and a lot of male users in this forum experimenting with Progesterone.
I didn't know they actually gave it to sex offenders and stuff. Jeez. Do you have a source on that? I would like to read them. Also the one about increased libido on 5mg.

whether it actually does increase sex drive
May i ask if you have a serious decline on libido or not? If it is just a slight decline, it should be normal. I wouldn't touch hormones for that reason. You can try safer supplements and make some lifestyle changes for that. Also, NoFap helps.

See i am taking lots of stuff to cure myself but i actually hate it and i am against any kind of drug usage, but that's the only way out for me. Keep it safe :hand:

OP
jzone56

jzone56

I didn't know they actually gave it to sex offenders and stuff. Jeez. Do you have a source on that? I would like to read them. Also the one about increased libido on 5mg.
See attached pdf
Also:
High-dose oral medroxyprogesterone for inappropriate hypersexuality in elderly men with dementia: a case series

I realize that's a synthetic progestin derived from 17-Hydroxyprogesterone, so it may have different systemic effects than just progesterone.

I can't find the report on increased libido at the moment, but in the pdf below Erpino, 1973 is cited for a mouse model study where .25mg progesterone administration daily (HED of .186mg/kg) slightly increased mouse's sexual activity compared to controls. Whereas .50mg and above decreased the activity.

There simply just isn't a lot of research on the effects of low dose progesterone in males.

May i ask if you have a serious decline on libido or not? If it is just a slight decline, it should be normal. I wouldn't touch hormones for that reason. You can try safer supplements and make some lifestyle changes for that. Also, NoFap helps.

See i am taking lots of stuff to cure myself but i actually hate it and i am against any kind of drug usage, but that's the only way out for me. Keep it safe
I do not have any concerns about my libido. I am experimenting to see if progesterone is worthwhile. At the dosage of ~1.7mg topically, and used infrequently, I don't have any reason to believe why that would cause problems.

Not everything can be cured through nutrition, sunlight, and low-stress... Drugs work.

For me, it's important to consider the cost-benefit of the drug's improvement on quality of life vs. side effects

In addition, I think that certain drugs are prescribed at dosages far greater than what is needed in order to be efficacious.

Anyways, appreciate you looking out and encouraging me to exercise caution.

Attachments

• psyneuro.pdf
    673.1 KB · Views: 9

Texon

27 yr male
185 lbs ~15% bf

time of day: 8pm post-workout
Method of administration: topical
Dosage: ~1.7mg

Gabaergic effects felt 30-50mins post administration.

other observations:
1. testicles retreated closer to the body, sack became tight

2. some sort of tightness observed in lower abdomen/gut area

3. acute nasal congestion

All of the above effects have disappeared upon waking.

Goals: to test whether acute progesterone administration can directly benefit sex drive and indirectly benefit muscular Hypertrophy through GcR & E2 antagonism
You may want to try the same thing with regular Cortinon. I'm recently experiencing topical benefits such as very quick healing of areas on my skin with non-cancerous sun damage. Not sure but topical niacinamide in a simple water based spray might have similar but less speedy results. My initial sense is that I've only scratched the surface regarding topical Cortinon benefits. I'm 72 yrs old and in great shape overall. I also supplement with a daily dose of 50 mgs topical T cream at a 10% concentration, a drop or 2 of daily Tyromix, as well as a bunch of other vitamins and minerals. However the Cortinon is definitely the item responsible for recent skin healing. Now if I can just find something effective for tinnitus....

Last edited:

Mossy

You may want to try the same thing with regular Cortinon. I'm recently experiencing topical benefits such as very quick healing of areas on my skin with non-cancerous sun damage. Not sure but topical niacinamide in a simple water based spray might have similar but less speedy results. My initial sense is that I've only scratched the surface regarding topical Cortinon benefits. I'm 72 yrs old and in great shape overall. I also supplement with a daily dose of 50 mgs topical T cream at a 10% concentration, a drop or 2 of daily Tyromix, as well as a bunch of other vitamins and minerals. However the Cortinon is definitely the item responsible for recent skin healing. Now if I can just find something effective for tinnitus....
Taurine is mentioned for helping with tinnitus. I know I've seen some posts, and maybe even whole threads, on this forum.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom