Protein reliably drops temperature

peter88

Red meat, eggs, fish, dairy, you name it. They all drop my temps and make me shiver even with adequate carbs. Is this a symptom of hypothyroidism? I only ever feel warm from a meal when the outside temperature is hot.

Runenight201

Red meat, eggs, fish, dairy, you name it. They all drop my temps and make me shiver even with adequate carbs. Is this a symptom of hypothyroidism? I only ever feel warm from a meal when the outside temperature is hot.

Are you eating salt with your meals? I find that without enough salt protein and carbs have a temperature lowering effect, but with salt it increases my temperature.

OP
P

peter88

Are you eating salt with your meals? I find that without enough salt protein and carbs have a temperature lowering effect, but with salt it increases my temperature.
Yes lots of salt. Just ate a bowl of beef with plenty of carbs and my torso is feeling chilly. I’ve tried eating more fat, less liquid, more salt, etc and nothing has made a noticeable difference.

Runenight201

Yes lots of salt. Just ate a bowl of beef with plenty of carbs and my torso is feeling chilly. I’ve tried eating more fat, less liquid, more salt, etc and nothing has made a noticeable difference.

Yea that's frustrating. What types of carbs? Any fruit or vegetation with the meal? I noticed for instance, by making a broth with tomatoes, jalapeños, garlic, onions, cilantro, etc... that it makes the meal more generative.

InChristAlone

Peat did say too much protein lowers thyroid. He was lowering protein towards the end of his life. I don't necessarily agree with this. I am now experiencing satiation and warmth from beef, rice and about 1/4 cup of beans. That didn't use to be the case. I used to feel like it sat in my stomach like a rock. Do you feel like you digest it well? Do you have any signs of acid reflux after? I used betaine hcl and digestive enzymes to get my stomach digesting again. For yrs I ate a lowish protein diet because I thought I just couldn't tolerate it, preferring carbs and fats, that was a huge mistake, need to fix digestion, then proteins are not a burden. Undigested protein causes ammonia and putrefaction.

OP
P

peter88

Peat did say too much protein lowers thyroid. He was lowering protein towards the end of his life. I don't necessarily agree with this. I am now experiencing satiation and warmth from beef, rice and about 1/4 cup of beans. That didn't use to be the case. I used to feel like it sat in my stomach like a rock. Do you feel like you digest it well? Do you have any signs of acid reflux after? I used betaine hcl and digestive enzymes to get my stomach digesting again. For yrs I ate a lowish protein diet because I thought I just couldn't tolerate it, preferring carbs and fats, that was a huge mistake, need to fix digestion, then proteins are not a burden. Undigested protein causes ammonia and putrefaction.
I get acid reflux from starch + meat, not meat + fruit. I definitely have digestive issue and I believe low stomach acid because I struggle to digest dairy protein. I know ray said that low stomach acid comes from low thyroid but I’ve tried thyroid over 5 times and it has never done anything in regards to raising temps or improving digestion, even 3 grains.

InChristAlone

I get acid reflux from starch + meat, not meat + fruit. I definitely have digestive issue and I believe low stomach acid because I struggle to digest dairy protein. I know ray said that low stomach acid comes from low thyroid but I’ve tried thyroid over 5 times and it has never done anything in regards to raising temps or improving digestion, even 3 grains.
Yeah then there's something keeping thyroid low, could be backed up liver, high heavy metals, the endless cycle of undigested foods causing toxins.

OP
P

peter88

Could be poor posture lack of sunlight and too much sitting that’ll do it too.
I work on a farm and I’m very physical. I need over 5000 calories to feel satiated. Pretty tough when I have issues with so many foods.

OP
P

peter88

Yeah then there's something keeping thyroid low, could be backed up liver, high heavy metals, the endless cycle of undigested foods causing toxins.
Yeah I agree. I just haven’t been able to find out what that is.

Runenight201

5000 calories is a bunch of food, which I could see causing bloat and undigested food since it's such a large amount. Perhaps scaling back the amount of energy you need to expend so you don't need to eat so much food and let your stomach settle down.

OP
P

peter88

5000 calories is a bunch of food, which I could see causing bloat and undigested food since it's such a large amount. Perhaps scaling back the amount of energy you need to expend so you don't need to eat so much food and let your stomach settle down.
If I eat 2000 calories I feel so much better and lighter but I’m constantly hungry and get headaches. It’s definitely digestion related. I also can’t seem to put on weight no matter what I do. 5000-7000 calories and I’ll stay lean.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals