Rbc hemoglobin and hematocrit on TRT

tommyg130

What do you guys think of those being elevated on TRT. It is very common and considered to be “secondary erythrocytosis”.

So what ends up happening is guys see this high and donate blood and end up taking their ferritin(like me)

And apparently that range is bull****. And even having 54 hematocrit, 6* rbc . And 18 hemoglobin has never resulted in any issues in the absence of elevated WBC and platelets.

Not really sure why it raises on trt I don’t think we know for sure, it could be adaptive. Just more blood bc of more testosterone. May have to do with reduced hepcidin, and iron can get stored in the cells as easily and is free floating which lets more go towards raising hemoglobin. Many argued the elevated hematocrit is actually beneficial and life extending. But drs will freak out if it goes to 53+.

Donating is dangerous especially on trt, bc of the reduced hepcidin, once ferritin is tanked it will be harder to get up(from what I’ve gathered, I don’t claim to know this all)

IMO tanked ferritin is worse then slightly elevated rbc hemo.

There is no epidemic at all of men dying of heart related issues on Test with those elevated levels. Ppl in higher altitudes have those higher levels and in some areas of the world the range goes to 61.

What do you guys think of elevated rbc hemoglobin etc?

John mcclain

Many cyclists would die in there sleep as a result of raising there rbc tru EPO use back in the 80's hence the limits but some people can have high hematocrit naturally but my reckoning is when it elevates on trt testosterone goes mostly unopposed inturn raising it...speaking from experience...and it can also go up while not on it also speaking from experience messing with thyroid fixed it...which is my believe as main point is balance when adequate thyroid is there hormone will or should balance out

OP
T

tommyg130

Many cyclists would die in there sleep as a result of raising there rbc tru EPO use back in the 80's hence the limits but some people can have high hematocrit naturally but my reckoning is when it elevates on trt testosterone goes mostly unopposed inturn raising it...speaking from experience...and it can also go up while not on it also speaking from experience messing with thyroid fixed it...which is my believe as main point is balance when adequate thyroid is there hormone will or should balance out
Gotcha.. so you think the raise in those is a balance issue? So long as thryoid and maybe even dhea preg prog are also at a good level the rise in RBC hemoglobin hematocrit would be less likely?

John mcclain

Yes shutdown will occur so some hormones will not be produced in enough amounts to oppose the high androgen load...but its different for everybody in terms of how much

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals