[RECIPE] How to purify / distill Pregnenolone

@haidut has talked, numerous times in the past year, and gave instructions on how to distill pregnenlelone

Distilling is adding pregnenlelone to a liquid, that pregnenlelone is insoluble / can't dissolve in, in hopes that any harmful excipients of pregnenlelone get dissolved in the liquid - then the pregnenlelone is separated from the liquid, leaving a more pure form of pregnenlelone.

Haidut, recommended to pour pregnenlelone in acetone- as pregnenlelone is insoluble in acetone, but nearly every other hormone is - therefore, any estrogenic hormone present, will dissolve in the liquid, separating from the pregnenlelone.

The next step is to let the mixture sit for a minute.

He then says to pour out the acetone, as the pregnenlelone should not dissolve, and just reside at the bottom and not be poured out, but the dissolved harmful excipients, will be poured out. He recommends to do the same distill process 2 more times

However, in my experience, this does not work at all!!

Pregnenlelone ends up creating a mixture with the acetone, and suspends in the acetone!! So when you pour out the acetone, the pregnelleone goes too. Note: It suspends, but it is not dissolved inside the acetone. It also does not separate from the mixture, it stays suspended.

Maybe I am misunderstanding the instructions

I came up with a recipe - I am not sure about how much pregnenlelone you lose, but you do lose some pregnenlelone. My estimates are you lose about 25% of your pregnenlelone.

How to purify pregnenolone

Materials Needed:

Acetone
Pregnenlelone
A scale
A pourable container to mix the pregnenlelone with acetone
A coffee filter
A cloth to dry the container
Something to stir with
(Optional) a funnel
(Optional) A blow dryer or heat gun

Steps:

1.) For every gram of pregnenlelone you want to purify, mix 5g of acetone, in a pourable container. Mix until there is no lumps

You will notice it turns into a milky liquid - this is a suspension and they are mixed, but not dissolved with each other

2.) Preferably with a funnel, but not necessary, pour the mixture in a coffee filter - the filter can hang over the sink or another cup.

Slowly, the acetone will drip out of the coffee filter - however, it ends up being it;s original, clear colour - as the pregnenlelone is too big, to fit through the filter

3.) Eventually, the acetone will all either drip out and/ or evaporate - YOU KNOW YOU WILL BE DONE, WHEN THE POWDER, FALLS AND CRACKS OFF THE SIDES, AS A DRY POWDER, AND/OR THE FILTER PAPER BECOMES DRY

You can use a heat gun or a blow dryer on it's weakest setting, to dry the filter paper ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE FILTER PAPER - DO NOT BLOW THE INSIDE OR THE POWDER WILL FLY EVERYWHERE AND MAKE SURE TO DO THIS ONLY AFTER THE LIQUID HAS STOPPED DRIPPING OUT

Now, if fully dry, the pregneleone will fall off of the filter paper, dry, and it should naturally, NOT STICK on the sides - there will be some that stick on the sides, but 95% should not stick, and be a dry powder

5.) if dry, pour it into a separate container, preferably with a funnel

6.) Repeat as many times as you want, to purify the pregnenlelone even more

Mauritio

Thanks.
So has this worked for you and do you notice a difference in terms of effects ?

OP
learnedhelpless
Thanks.
So has this worked for you and do you notice a difference in terms of effects ?
I just did it today! I bought 25g of Pregnenlelone from bulk powders, and after wasting 7g, trying to get this right, I found a method that worked, and I have dissolved 3g (purified weight), in DMSO, and I plan to take 30mg topically, a day. I will report back to your sir :salute

Mauritio

I just did it today! I bought 25g of Pregnenlelone from bulk powders, and after wasting 7g, trying to get this right, I found a method that worked, and I have dissolved 3g (purified weight), in DMSO, and I plan to take 30mg topically, a day. I will report back to your sir :salute
Thanks!

Healthseeker

They say for these sort of things with acetone. You need "dry" acetone. Because the small amount if water in it, reduces your yield. Ive never done it though.

supercoolguy

Thanks.
What about the residual solvent? Can flushing with R/O or Distilled Water benefit the results.
Reason i ask is bc those harsh solvents seem like overkill, but I have no answer or safer alternative.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals