Researching Social Media Presence - What Info Is Accessible?

animalcule

Borderline moronic tech-wise with no info hygiene practices. Maybe someone more tech savvy can illuminate.

Question 1: When an employer runs a background check on your social media presence, what information do they have access to? Can they query Twitter/Facebook/Instagram with your email address and find accounts you've registered with that address?

Question 2: I have anonymous social media accounts made with email addresses not connected to my name, that I access using a VPN. And they are now showing me "trending" keywords that include my actual name. How?

Jayvee

Not moronic. It's hard to decipher what information is iut there on people and most people arent fully aware of this stuff (including me). I'll do my best to answer based on what I know.

1) if your email address is registered to a facebook account they can. Not sure about the other social media accounts.

2) potentially via cookies (from visiting other websites) OR from other users referencing your name but this isnt generally done on names and more so on interests/hobbies.

OP
A

animalcule

Not moronic. It's hard to decipher what information is iut there on people and most people arent fully aware of this stuff (including me). I'll do my best to answer based on what I know.

1) if your email address is registered to a facebook account they can. Not sure about the other social media accounts.

2) potentially via cookies (from visiting other websites) OR from other users referencing your name but this isnt generally done on names and more so on interests/hobbies.
Thanks. Yea... seeing as Facebook owns Instagram, gonna guess they can check that. Twitter, given what we know about their cooperation w/government, probably does that too. Oops... :/

Time to delete.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom