RP Bodybuilding Style

OP
S

slayers

Would orange juice effect body composition compared to starchy foods such as rice or oats

nwo2012

slayers said:
Would orange juice effect body composition compared to starchy foods such as rice or oats

Calorie for calorie orange juice would lead to less body fat accumulation. i.e. replace all the starches in the diet with equivalent amount of calories from OJ and you would tend to store less body fat or lose more if in a calorie deficit.
Of course strain the orange juice to remove its fibre.

OP
S

slayers

I have been following RP cutting style diet, i'm getting shredded !

Imonaquest

I don't understand the point of bodybuilding. I mean, as in, getting super shredded, and posing in front of people. I just don't get it. I understand doing it to look good and feel good about yourself. Hell, I've been lifting weights since I was 14. But, never for one second did I ever consider compromising my health, so I could get a trophy. I guess to each their own.

Anything in excess isn't good. Getting excessively muscular is just as bad as being excessively thin for your health. I'm in my mid 30's now and I already know guys who are dying and/or have serious illnesses from trying to get as big and strong as possible. It's crazy to me.

OP
S

slayers

"I don't understand the point of bodybuilding. I mean, as in, getting super shredded, and posing in front of people"

You could say that about any sport..... boxing, football, running, etc.

Natural bodybuilding can be very healthy.... Obviously excessive modern bodybuilding is very unhealthy.... I can't imaging guys like Jay Cutler and Ronnie coleman living old... But the old time natural bodybuilders live healthy into 80's 90's

But, never for one second did I ever consider compromising my health,
Id say it only starts compromising healthy is when you start getting under 6% bodyfat and doing excessive cardio / calorie restriction, but this is all only temporary.

OP
S

slayers

I found no different on fat loss body comp. between eating sugary carbs vs starchy carbs.

jaketthomas

The bodybuilders of the 50s, 60s and 70s used to take natural supplements and eat natural foods. That's why a lot of those guys are still alive and well today. They didn't take a lot of isolated nutrients. They took whole food supplements like brewers yeast and desiccated beef liver, they drank MILK, instead of using tons of isolated, ridiculous protein powders. They didn't take Cell-Tech, drink nitric oxide drinks, or any of the ridiculous things bodybuilders are taking today.

Keeping it as natural and whole food as possible is key. Isolated, fractionated nutrients and foods are fools gold, and are destroying people's health these days, and have been for awhile. The bodybuilding industry just gets worse and worse. People are getting more and more toxic. The drugs have also gotten worse. Guys are on more drugs now than ever. Back in the day, those bodybuilders used stuff, but small amounts, and not all year round.

I've been a gym rat myself for 20 years, and I can look at a lifter and in 2 seconds tell if they're healthy or not. If they're retaining water, how thin or thick their skin is, how their hair looks, and their overall complexion. Most guys in the gym are stressed to the max, either from their isolated food intake, toxin load, hypothyroid, drugs, overtraining, or a combination of all of them.

Can there be healthy bodybuilding? You bet. Just do what the guys in the 50's did, lol. Live naturally. Eat naturally. Eat whole foods. Train, rest, sleep, laugh, love, relax.

frustrated

Imonaquest said:
Anything in excess isn't good. Getting excessively muscular is just as bad as being excessively thin for your health. I'm in my mid 30's now and I already know guys who are dying and/or have serious illnesses from trying to get as big and strong as possible. It's crazy to me.

That's not true though. Unless you take abuse AAS, all things equal, being more muscular is healthier.

DaveFoster

The bodybuilders of the 50s, 60s and 70s used to take natural supplements and eat natural foods. That's why a lot of those guys are still alive and well today. They didn't take a lot of isolated nutrients. They took whole food supplements like brewers yeast and desiccated beef liver, they drank MILK, instead of using tons of isolated, ridiculous protein powders. They didn't take Cell-Tech, drink nitric oxide drinks, or any of the ridiculous things bodybuilders are taking today.

Keeping it as natural and whole food as possible is key. Isolated, fractionated nutrients and foods are fools gold, and are destroying people's health these days, and have been for awhile. The bodybuilding industry just gets worse and worse. People are getting more and more toxic. The drugs have also gotten worse. Guys are on more drugs now than ever. Back in the day, those bodybuilders used stuff, but small amounts, and not all year round.

I've been a gym rat myself for 20 years, and I can look at a lifter and in 2 seconds tell if they're healthy or not. If they're retaining water, how thin or thick their skin is, how their hair looks, and their overall complexion. Most guys in the gym are stressed to the max, either from their isolated food intake, toxin load, hypothyroid, drugs, overtraining, or a combination of all of them.

Can there be healthy bodybuilding? You bet. Just do what the guys in the 50's did, lol. Live naturally. Eat naturally. Eat whole foods. Train, rest, sleep, laugh, love, relax.
Although, bodybuilders take in significantly more caffeine than the rest of us through their pre-workouts, so there's that.

They also tend to eat very low-fat.

TubZy

Ray's diet is pro BB in general (anti estrogen, cortisol, prolactin, serotonin) and seems to be the best diet I tried and I pretty much tried everything. I do think it's goal oriented though if you are trying to cut in a very short time frame keto would probably be better (for competition purposes) but overall (cut or bulk) peat's diet works well and also in general just for anti aging. So many BBers are so misinformed and only think muscle meats (I used to think this as well) and don't understand the whole picture. So with a diet really high in methionine plus growth hormones , steroids etc. in the mix that is a recipe for disaster. Not to mention PUFAs with it...

If you use steroids stick to the DHT derivatives and not ones that convert to boatloads of estrogen (dianabol etc.) and avoid tren (due to prolactin) If you are familiar with peat's work I'm sure you know how bad estrogen is...

If you really know how AAS works, a lot of the mechanism is through being anti cortisol allowing you to train harder and recover quickly.

Excessive muscle is not bad...I mean if it's the point where you are getting out of breath and estrogen levels are high yeah it's bad but not in general.

More LEAN (key word) muscle mass = higher metabolism

Better metabolism = better hormone profile

Also, the more lean muscle means less aromatase activity (less estrogen)

That is honestly why Peat is of interest to me because we literally agree on all the same stuff in terms of hormone optimization.

Last edited:

Eric Yim

I'll keep this short and to the point. im 5'10" my off season weight is around 215 and competition weight is around 195
I have been experimenting with diet for about 10 years now all types. Starting getting bad symptoms (libido hair loss) came accross peat, danny roddy.
I have been bodybuilding for a few years now and going to start competitions. The staples in that community as you know is low fat, high protein with good complex carbs.

How can I incorporate RP style with BB in my bulking and cutting seasons, ideally I need to get down to 4-6% bodyfat and getting as dry as possible.
Do I stick with milk, oj, gelatin, foods? I"m having a hard time giving up lots of muscle meats in fear of wasting away my muscles.
I want to compete and do well and i'm not convinced this is the diet for my goals, thoughts?
I"m pretty open to giving this RP a solid go and see what kind of results it can give me when im bulking or cutting...Would my cutting diet be different than my bulking diet since my bulking would be just several hundred more calories daily? example whole milk for bulking and skim for cutting?
any ideas would be awesome
If i hear the term "complex carbohydrates" again in relation to them being "slow digesting" imma freking flip man. Cant stand when people say "these are good carbohydrates." Its like, n... not really dude. All carbohhdrates including fructose play an important role in homeostasis and metabolic efficiency. Well, basically I HATE BLANKET STATEMENTS.

raypeatclips

If i hear the term "complex carbohydrates" again in relation to them being "slow digesting" imma freking flip man. Cant stand when people say "these are good carbohydrates." Its like, n... not really dude. All carbohhdrates including fructose play an important role in homeostasis and metabolic efficiency. Well, basically I HATE BLANKET STATEMENTS.

That post is nearly 6 years old and the thread hasn't had a reply since 2016. Are you forum searching the term "complex carbohydrates" to go on a rant?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals