Sitaruîm

Hi All,

I have some upcoming performances (music) that I'm involved in and am seeking for advice in dealing with stage fright. Performing in front of an audience is something new to me, and I am someone who didn't like being under the spotlight growing up. I've performed in front of an audience around ten times in the past two years so far, and each time my body has reacted exactly the same way, even if I try different mental strategies beforehand.

Many minutes in advance, my heart rate goes up, and during the performance, my whole body tenses up and my hands begin to shake uncontrollably; all of this leads to a very lackluster performance, one that pales in comparison to what I'm able to achieve when practicing on my own.

At this point I think my case is extreme enough that, if I were to let things run their natural course without much proactivity on my end, progress would take many many years, which I'd rather avoid. I think my adrenaline is through the roof during this moments, because my heart is pounding: I can feel every heart beat and my heart rate is probably at least 120 bpm if not more.

I was thinking that I could try some substances, hopefully sorted by innocuousness, that may provide significant relief and allow me to finally beat this thing. Amongst my supplements I have AlloP from idealabs. Do you think taking a few drops of allopregnanolone sublingually, say. half an hour before the performance, is a sensible thing at all? If not, what else comes to mind?

Thank you all for your contributions!

Mauritio

Get your hands on some propranolol, it crushed adreanline. You will have a hard time feeling nervous with it. It calms the physcial symptoms a lot.
Not very peaty, but for special surcumstances its ok.

ChadGPT

I don’t get much effects from allop but gelsemium sempervirens is made for this purpose and seems to work better at raising allopregnanolone! Also do you get enough protein? I had the same problem of shaking uncontrollably and getting nervous for no reason and just getting 80-100g of protein everyday helped tremendously. Having lots of salt and sugar are also important for lowering adrenaline.

OP
Sitaruîm

Sitaruîm

Get your hands on some propranolol, it crushed adreanline. You will have a hard time feeling nervous with it. It calms the physcial symptoms a lot.
Not very peaty, but for special surcumstances its ok.

Thanks, I'll look into this.

I don’t get much effects from allop but gelsemium sempervirens is made for this purpose and seems to work better at raising allopregnanolone! Also do you get enough protein? I had the same problem of shaking uncontrollably and getting nervous for no reason and just getting 80-100g of protein everyday helped tremendously. Having lots of salt and sugar are also important for lowering adrenaline.

I sadly doubt that this is the problem for me, because I eat plenty of protein from animal sources every day. I also salt to taste and eat a solid amount of carbs from starch and sucrose / fructose

Marie-Christine

Hi All,

I have some upcoming performances (music) that I'm involved in and am seeking for advice in dealing with stage fright. Performing in front of an audience is something new to me, and I am someone who didn't like being under the spotlight growing up. I've performed in front of an audience around ten times in the past two years so far, and each time my body has reacted exactly the same way, even if I try different mental strategies beforehand.

Many minutes in advance, my heart rate goes up, and during the performance, my whole body tenses up and my hands begin to shake uncontrollably; all of this leads to a very lackluster performance, one that pales in comparison to what I'm able to achieve when practicing on my own.

At this point I think my case is extreme enough that, if I were to let things run their natural course without much proactivity on my end, progress would take many many years, which I'd rather avoid. I think my adrenaline is through the roof during this moments, because my heart is pounding: I can feel every heart beat and my heart rate is probably at least 120 bpm if not more.

I was thinking that I could try some substances, hopefully sorted by innocuousness, that may provide significant relief and allow me to finally beat this thing. Amongst my supplements I have AlloP from idealabs. Do you think taking a few drops of allopregnanolone sublingually, say. half an hour before the performance, is a sensible thing at all? If not, what else comes to mind?

Thank you all for your contributions!
In which country you live? for specific situations you can search een IEMT therapist (Integrale Eye Movement Therapy).This can be very helpfull to get rid oft this feeling/situation... The therapy is also provided online. What is can do for you you can find in The Association for IEMT Practitioners (International). You can find therapist in your country ( i hope so). Results can be in a short time.
If you are on the forum, I guess you eat already good foods. GABA is a supplement that can also provide some sort of Safety feeling. Good luck

Nfinkelstein

a homeopathic approach would be very cheap and without risk, and based on your symptoms will likely help a great deal. Gelsemium (boiron or any other reputable supplier) in 30c potency, 3 to 6 pellets daily for up to 5 days in a row but definitely no more than that.

OP
Sitaruîm

Sitaruîm

a homeopathic approach would be very cheap and without risk, and based on your symptoms will likely help a great deal. Gelsemium (boiron or any other reputable supplier) in 30c potency, 3 to 6 pellets daily for up to 5 days in a row but definitely no more than that.
I'll see what I can do, it doesn't seem to be readily available in Argentina

TradClare

Bach Rescue Remedy (not just for playing Bach haha) has really helped me with nerves. My mouth gets terribly dry when nerves hit which is terrible for playing oboe! I have heard that eating a banana an hour or so before is also good.

Elast1c

Had a back and forth with Ray about something similar. He mentioned that if I had decent markers that I might try to check pituitary markers. I didnt do much but tried a hefty dose of cyproheptadine and noticed that after the drowsiness subsided that interactions felt much smoother. Similar to sleep deprivation.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals