T4 50 Times Greater Than T3?

OP
gilson dantas

gilson dantas

Yes @tara, you´re all right.
But I ask you about the following contradiction: low thyroid and many calories at the meals;
this is not a strong reason to get pounds [fattening]?

tara

But I ask you about the following contradiction: low thyroid and many calories at the meals;
this is not a strong reason to get pounds [fattening]?
Yes, could well result in gaining pounds.
So I'll ask you: how is the body to know that that the famine is over, and that it will not waste away if it raises metabolism?
So long as it is in famine mode, it may prefer to use any 'spare' calories to load up the reserve energy stores.
I don't remember your diet history. Have you had any extended periods of eating under say 2000 cals?

OP
gilson dantas

gilson dantas

@tara, I agree:
So long as it is in famine mode, it may prefer to use any 'spare' calories to load up the reserve energy stores.
It is a good argument.
And yes, my history is low protein diet and probably [I´m not so sure because I eated always toom much fresh fruits] not too much calories.
But the question is: I have signals of low thyroid [low temperature, not more than 35,9 C; low pulse, not more than 75; prostate tumor, which means low thyroid, high estrogen, high insaturated fats etc];
I mean: why don´t think AT THE SAME TIME in a contradiction between low thyroid and low metabolism [to burn calories]?

tara

I don't think I understand the question/contradiction this time? The body can respond to both undereating and excessive unsaturated fats by lowering metabolism, with all the various possible consequences. Possibly this could be your situation?

OP
gilson dantas

gilson dantas

I see @tara, actually there´s not a contradiction: really if I have a low thyroid - after a undereating status - if suddenly I have too much sugar and too much saturated fats, it is possible the fattening.
But I would like to suppose that this [the fattening] is a transitional problem, until the thyroid be active, normal.

tara

But I would like to suppose that this [the fattening] is a transitional problem, until the thyroid be active, normal.
According to youreatopia, some people (but not all) who start eating for recovery from severe undereating overshoot their optimal fat for while, and then it lowers a bit again after a few months to a year or two. If one has been undereating for a long time, it is hard to know what optimal weight/fat would be. Whether gaining some fat is always more than a fashion-related problem is not obvious to me. Depending on context, sometimes people do better when they gain some fat.

I don't know what the implications are for prostatic or other tumours of increasing food significantly in this context. For instance, I don't know whether such change would involve any disruptive readjustments that would favour their growth.
I expect that attending to mineral density might be helpful.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals