Trader Joes goat gouda: microbial rennet falsely labelled as animal rennet. I wonder how common this could be in other food labels?

Nick

I had been buying trader joes goat gouda. The label says animal rennet but I recently bought one that had the part of the (plastic? petroleum wax?) synthetic feeling rind that had the original ingredient label before trader joes repackaged and re-labelled it from the original cheese wheel. The original label says microbial rennet and I'm assuming the label on the wheel is the correct one.
I'm going to assume it was a mistake made by someone who has no clue that anyone would care about the difference between animal rennet and microbial rennet. It makes me wonder, how often are the ingredients on a food label inaccurate due to a mistake like this?

@Vileplume I think I read you were buying this cheese as well

IMG_0922.jpg

Jennifer

I had been buying trader joes goat gouda. The label says animal rennet but I recently bought one that had the part of the (plastic? petroleum wax?) synthetic feeling rind that had the original ingredient label before trader joes repackaged and re-labelled it from the original cheese wheel. The original label says microbial rennet and I'm assuming the label on the wheel is the correct one.
I'm going to assume it was a mistake made by someone who has no clue that anyone would care about the difference between animal rennet and microbial rennet. It makes me wonder, how often are the ingredients on a food label inaccurate due to a mistake like this?

Well that explains it. I used to buy TJ’s goat gouda until I figured out it was the source of the migraines I was having. I thought maybe the cultures were to blame. Thank you for letting us know, Nick.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom