Using diaper rash cream as sunblock

Diaper cream products use the same sun-blocking agent that mineral sunblock products do (zinc oxide).

The zinc oxide content will range from 18-25% on both products, the difference being that diaper rash creams are *more* hypoallergenic/skin-friendly. By found this one at Whole Foods and it's chock full of herbs, shea butter, coconut oil, and only contains a small splash of glycerin and hydrogenated vegetable oil.

Works great. A little bit goes a long way. It starts out as a thick white smear, but if you don't overdo it, it will rub in completely. Feels way better than any other sunblock I've tried.

For comparison, I've also attached the label of an "Aveeno kids sensitive skin SPF 50 zinc oxide sunscreen." Even just glancing at the ingredients will tell a very different story.

20230916_205721.jpg

20230916_205716.jpg

20230918_121730.jpg

20230918_121752.jpg

I do offshore sailing and diving where I'm in the water in intense sun all day, and have had great luck with Bare Republic SPF 50 Mineral Sunscreen. I can apply it just once, and be in direct sun and water all day long without a burn. The diaper rash cream I think works even better, but usually stays greasy and opaque... I will have to try the one you posted.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom