Vitamin E and Fasting

J

j.

One of the main damages of fasting is breakdown of muscles and the thymus gland. Another one is that serum fatty acids increase. So if one were to fast, it seems that vitamin E would be a good supplement to reduce the damage of processing the fatty acids. Yet, it seems that no one who fasts recommends or even talks about vitamin E.

jyb

Is it bad (or less bad) if the fatty acids released in the serum are not pufas? (For someone with low pufa stored).

Does having more muscles become beneficial here? It would serve as a buffer, a reserve for fat and protein to be used when blood sugar is low, before the more important tissues like the thymus are broken down. I guess the same question applies to body fat in non-muscle fat areas.

OP
J

j.

jyb said:
Is it bad (or less bad) if the fatty acids released in the serum are not pufas?

My post doesn't apply to those people, only to those who have significant PUFA. I don't know what happens to them.

But that group might be tiny. After 2 years of a low PUFA diet, I still get very noticeable benefits from vitamin E, from a feeling of more calm to reduced vitamin A requirements, even though I don't fast.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals