Washing Your Hair - What Do You Use And How Often?

Logan-

What (shampoo, soap, natural products etc.) do you specifically use to wash your hair, and how often do you wash your it?

Inaut

ozonated water, glycerin soap and distilled vinegar for conditioning. daily. effective :)

marcar72

I just keep the ole noggin' buzzed short and use the same Ivory soap that I use to wash my body. It's literally money going down the drain! :wideyed:

Luann

Unscented shampoo. It seems most ingredients in shampoo are water-soluble and rinse off pretty well. Skin absorption doesn't seem to be a problem for short exposure. I worry more about "fragrance", the Great Unlisted.

SOMO

Baking Soda -> Vinegar is all you really need.

(First apply baking soda to wet hair, massage gently, then rinse with vinegar. Rinse further with water.)
This keeps hair clean, disinfects scalp and clears gunk (oil/dandruff) from hair and scalp.

Once a month or so I will deep condition with Coconut Oil and Honey and this really moisturizes the scalp.

I wash hair 2-3 times a week, which is less often than I shower. My hair doesn't get oily or smell bad unless I'm working out. I actually used to wash my hair daily and my hair is now healthier than it was back then. I think the more often you shampoo your hair, you upregulate sebum production/oil glands. When I shampooed daily, I remember my hair getting oily much quicker and my hair/scalp feeling greasy after 1-2 days.

OP
L

Logan-

and use the same Ivory soap that I use to wash my body

I stopped using shampoo and started to use a very similar soap as yours about 5 months ago and now I am noticing some hair loss on the front. I have never experienced this before, and I wonder if using a soap (however pure it may be) is bad for hair follicles?

Carina

Coconut oil and squalane to condition my hair and scalp before washing my hair, coconut oil soap, and citric acid as a rinse. I have very hard water and citric acid really softens it. I wash every 4 to 5 days. If my hair gets oily during that time, I use rose water with witch hazel as a “dry shampoo.” It surprisingly cuts down on the grease and makes my scalp produce less oil overall.

Last edited:
Borax for shampoo, ACV for conditioner.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals