What Caused This?

mamaherrera

Here's what I ate today. . . for breakfast I had two eggs, squash, gelatin and orange juice. Then I had my raw carrot with coconut oil then later I had a cup of 1% Horizon milk with sugar (1tsp) and an orange. Then 2 hours later i got bad stomach pain, like gas, bloated. . . .and now later into the evening I have red spots all over my face, here and there, not painful so that must mean I'm allergic to something or what? None of these foods are new to me, . . . . I'm reintroducing milk, but I had milk the last two days and no problem. Now the big question is "how do I find out what the culprit is? and if it's something in of itself or if it's a combination.

M

marikay

Here's what I ate today. . . for breakfast I had two eggs, squash, gelatin and orange juice. Then I had my raw carrot with coconut oil then later I had a cup of 1% Horizon milk with sugar (1tsp) and an orange. Then 2 hours later i got bad stomach pain, like gas, bloated. . . .and now later into the evening I have red spots all over my face, here and there, not painful so that must mean I'm allergic to something or what? None of these foods are new to me, . . . . I'm reintroducing milk, but I had milk the last two days and no problem. Now the big question is "how do I find out what the culprit is? and if it's something in of itself or if it's a combination.

might be the arginine in the gelatin. i have weird reactions like that to gelatin sometimes. the milk (with lysine) should help but maybe you need more than a cup of it at the same time you take the gelatin. also, what is in squash? maybe the seeds are causing you a problem?

OP
M

mamaherrera

ok it happened again, but I'm confused. My usual breakfast is 2 eggs, oatmeal, sometimes, and orange juice with gelatin mixed in and NO PrROBLEMA. But today eggs, orange juice and gelatin and bad gas pains again for about 2 hours after I ate. Obviously I think i'ts the gelatin, but how come some days it's fine and others not?

jyb

ok it happened again, but I'm confused. My usual breakfast is 2 eggs, oatmeal, sometimes, and orange juice with gelatin mixed in and NO PrROBLEMA. But today eggs, orange juice and gelatin and bad gas pains again for about 2 hours after I ate. Obviously I think i'ts the gelatin, but how come some days it's fine and others not?

Gelatin can cause issues if not digested well (search for a few anecdotes on this forum). It's the same for a lot of proteins. Poorly digested casein in milk has potential for damage too. As for why you have the issue some days only, you can never know whether a diet is good from looking a just short term effects.

OP
M

mamaherrera

No but should I continue taking gelatin, or if it's causing issues should I avoid gelatin?? I"m trying to find out what things agree with me.

whodathunkit

Try one of those meals but with a digestive aid with some pancreatic enzymes and bile in it. Or drink some papaya juice (stimulates digestion and helps break down protein) with your food. At least trying to get better digestion might tell you if you're allergic to something or if you're just not producing enough endogenous enzymes and bile for proper digestion. Improperly digested food causes problems.

If digestive aids don't resolve the problem then try elimination. Eliminate gelatin first and see what happens. If you eliminate gelatin and you get no reaction from your food, you know that's the culprit.

If you still get a reaction after eliminating gelatin, next eliminate milk.

Etc.

Good luck!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals