What is Sugar Cane Oil? Shake Shack is frying their fries in it now.

haidut

Forum Supporter
See article below:

In fatty acid composition, it looks similar to high-oleic seed oils. It may actually have a bit less PUFA per serving than those seed oils as it says 0.5g PUFA per serving, while the high-oleic seed oils usually have 1g PUFA per serving.

frannybananny

Would this be squalane oil?
I have seen people use sugarcane derived squalane oil in cosmetics but not for cooking
I thought it was Polycosanol.....which is supposed to be very good for you and lower cholesterol. It is made from sugarcane. I don't know if this oil is the same.

Audacity17

I've been following Zero Acre farms for a year or so. Tucker Goodrich and others have promoted them. IIRC, bacteria supposedly feed on the sugars and produce this monounsaturated oil. They package it in a metal bottle to avoid oxidation and plastic nano particles. Would like to try it when the price comes down.

AlaskaJono

So.... this is part of the "You will eat ze bugs" narrative, but changed to "You will eat ze bugs' ***t"? Eco terrorist agenda, excuse me. This is further down the path to gmo is good for us. The zero dude said "optiphized/ oops optimized to do more of what it is supposed to do, which is create more of this healthy fat faster. None of that organism is in the final product." But it's ***t is.

For me this kind of promotion is similar to the "no added MSG" on a food label. They simply used glutamate and ingredients that contain glutamate, then do a process to the product that produces......... ta da! MSG. But of course it is not added in any way.

D

Deleted member 14744

This is a good essay on it, which I agree with-

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals