What Is The Cornerstone Of The "dysfunctional Family Unit"?

I was wondering what others here think about the factors that usually go in to dysfunctional families, i.e., fighting (like children usually); constant financial mishap/hardship; unable to work together personally without endless problems; legal issues; general "unfitting" between members; etc.

Is it just the common low-energy/serotonin/stress stuff? What really is the core issue with these structures?

Because although everybody has some stress sometimes, every family doesn't quite fit this label very strongly to warrant concern. I don't know if any here have experience with dysfunction within families first hand, but I do -- and it's a tiring, stressful, up and down mess that definitely takes its toll on you as a kid (the helplessness; stress; anger; unresolved issues; mixed emotions; fighting; emotional abuse/neglect; fear; you name it).

Another point worth mentioning is that most dysfunctional families unfortunately never "get better" -- they always tend to stay with constant tension, bickering, arguing/fighting/disorder and etc. to the point where some just accept the craphole of issues surrounding them indefinitely -- or strive to get away from it I guess.

One of the worst things is the lack of aspiration for anything -- the often bleak/cynical nature toward everything that spreads like toxic fumes.

LUH 3417

I don’t know the answer but I think it’s ignorant to blame economic hardship on neurotransmitters. People can be locked in poverty for many different reasons despite their best efforts and aspirations towards a better life. Just look at the number of Americans living paycheck to paycheck, or the situation for people relying on pensions.

OP
MetabolicTrash
I don’t know the answer but I think it’s ignorant to blame economic hardship on neurotransmitters. People can be locked in poverty for many different reasons despite their best efforts and aspirations towards a better life. Just look at the number of Americans living paycheck to paycheck, or the situation for people relying on pensions.

Yeah, I wasn't blaming it solely on that -- just wondering what factors overall lead to the constant repetition of things/vicious cycles that are so common in messed up families. You can certainly be poor and not have a dysfunctional family, but it's common for dysfunctional families, I think, to have financial issues for a host of reasons that may boil down to the causes of said dysfunction itself. I think the "recipe" for the dysfunctional family can probably be traced back to fewer key causes/circumstances.

The "aspiration" bit is that usually families with problems aren't supportive in various ways to each other (or they are somewhat but there are many other issues that affect this), which can just reinforce the idea of being helpless or careless in changing situations -- which again likely makes a cycle of mishap/dysfunction.

The same "family dysfunction" can likely be applied to many other people on an individual basis as well in some sense, as it's like comparing a group of people struggling to operate together well or be healthy or etc. vs. just one person (or persons) having the same "qualities" in general, family or not.

Last edited:

LUH 3417

Yeah, I wasn't blaming it solely on that -- just wondering what factors overall lead to the constant repetition of things/vicious cycles that are so common in messed up families. You can certainly be poor and not have a dysfunctional family, but it's common for dysfunctional families, I think, to have financial issues for a host of reasons that may boil down to the causes of said dysfunction itself. I think the "recipe" for the dysfunctional family can probably be traced back to fewer key causes/circumstances.
I would think anyone who controls the production of culture and the exploitation of dysfunction would have to be the most guilty of creating the problems that exist in families. Have you watched tv or gone to the movies lately? Most popular television is about rape, violence, drug addiction. Valorizing junkies and criminals.
It goes so deep though. You can’t avoid asking questions about philosophy of evil, human nature, relationship of men to women, economic issues, power. Dysfunction families are symptom of dysfunctional societies and social structures.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom