White Sweet Potato has almost no beta-carotene?

Borz

Forum Supporter
In this article it says White sweet potatoes do not contain much beta-carotene, unlike orange/purple ones. So this should make white sweet potato another safe peaty starch, especially if peeled to decrease the fiber. I recently tried it roasted and it tastes great, better than orange ones imo.

N

nobody

right although very high in oxalate, be careful if you are sensitive- they gave me crippling joint pain and limping. soaked and well boiled jasmine/sushi rice with liberal amounts of dairy fat is a safer option from personal experience. secondly, take into account that most of the organic white sweet potatoes i bought at the local whole paycheck had mold spots after peeling.

OP
Borz

Borz

Forum Supporter
right although very high in oxalate, be careful if you are sensitive- they gave me crippling joint pain and limping. soaked and well boiled jasmine/sushi rice with liberal amounts of dairy fat is a safer option from personal experience. secondly, take into account that most of the organic white sweet potatoes i bought at the local whole paycheck had mold spots after peeling.
the one I got had spots too, but how do you know for sure they are mold spots?

OP
Borz

Borz

Forum Supporter
I guess it should be a once every 2-3 day thing (like potatoes because of the solanine), and not a daily staple.

Also for people who get tired of Jasmine rice I suggest trying Calrose rice or Turkish Baldo rice (both taste very similar), they’re low in amylose like Jasmine which is %18 amylose (Calrose is %18, Baldo is %20). They taste better than Jasmine imo.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals