Wilsons Syndrome And Intro

artlange

My problems started at birth and progressed. I've had low thyroid/adrenal symptoms for over 30 years and a below normal temp for at least that long. Plus, by the time I was 20 it started dropping even lower and leaving me with severe chronic fatigue. I'm back looking into Wilson Syndrome which is cycling on and off T3 until your temp resets and your symptoms disappear. The doctor who allowed me to try it said it wouldn't work for me (didn't think that was my problem) so he only allowed me to try it for 3 months. If this new naturopath can't help me (and I'm believing she will be able to) I will be back here trying some of these things. I'm 68 and have NEVER been able to sweat. But if it's humid I can't stay dry. Low energy, re occurring fatigue, body aches, fibromyalgia, puffy eyes, throbbing face, shortness of breath, brain fog, no sex drive to name some of the symptoms. I am adding more coconut oil and products. When I started that I think I over did it and really went through it physically. Found out you can detox from coconut so I had to back off. Thanks again.

Based on my experience, it may be better to wait for the Wilson's Syndrome treatment until you have fixed your low thyroid. Then see what your waking body temperature is when you are sweating. If you use Wilson's first, then you probably will never be satisfied, because Wilson's affects the temperature set point of a properly operating body. You need to study peat's suggestions and not believe everything you hear on any internet web site until you verify these things for yourself.

Peat would suggest these things to increase your metabolism: milk for Calcium, Orange juice for sugar and electrolytes, salt, no PUFA ever again!, sufficient protein for your liver so it converts T4 into T3, Vit A, E, K2, pregnolone, progesterone, no estrogens (including soap, skin creams, fragrences). coconut oil is good, liver once a week, shellfish once a week. You have a lot of experimenting to do to get your body ready for Wilson's. Wilson's treatment is not magic, you must prepare for it or I suspect it will do nothing for you.

OP
C

CarolB

Based on my experience, it may be better to wait for the Wilson's Syndrome treatment until you have fixed your low thyroid. Then see what your waking body temperature is when you are sweating. If you use Wilson's first, then you probably will never be satisfied, because Wilson's affects the temperature set point of a properly operating body. You need to study peat's suggestions and not believe everything you hear on any internet web site until you verify these things for yourself.

Peat would suggest these things to increase your metabolism: milk for Calcium, Orange juice for sugar and electrolytes, salt, no PUFA ever again!, sufficient protein for your liver so it converts T4 into T3, Vit A, E, K2, pregnolone, progesterone, no estrogens (including soap, skin creams, fragrences). coconut oil is good, liver once a week, shellfish once a week. You have a lot of experimenting to do to get your body ready for Wilson's. Wilson's treatment is not magic, you must prepare for it or I suspect it will do nothing for you.

My understanding is that Wilsons Syndrome is for those who test normal but still have symptoms. I found an alternative doctor and nurse who said I was classic low thyroid and put me on Armour. I was allowed to up it based on symptoms. I got all the way to 6 grains (my main doc at the time fell out of his chair and almost had a heart attack when he found out) when I lost way to much weight but kept all the hypo symptoms and went off. My story is a long one including everything I've done and all the eventual diagnosis (when I gave up on doctors who would do a physical and congratulate me on my clean bill of health, telling me to SMILE! You'll feel better). I recently found out that not everyone does well on Armour. Dr. Wilson has had patients for whom nothing else worked and after cycling off and on the T3 for a long time (in one case a year) it was their cure. We will see what I find out next week on the phone consultation. I'm anxious to see my results which she promised I could have. I also had two doctors tell me I had delayed reflexes which were a sign of low thyroid. One of them said he wouldn't treat me because my TSH was not high enough. :): Looking back at my TSH (wish I had the thyroid test my OBGYN did after the birth of my first born but I didn't know any of this then and was not getting copies of things) tests over the past 20 years or so, I was any where from 2.1-4.65 which is considered high by those in the know. Mainstream doctors won't touch you unless you are over 10.

OP
C

CarolB

My understanding is that Wilsons Syndrome is for those who test normal but still have symptoms. I found an alternative doctor and nurse who said I was classic low thyroid and put me on Armour. I was allowed to up it based on symptoms. I got all the way to 6 grains (my main doc at the time fell out of his chair and almost had a heart attack when he found out) when I lost way to much weight but kept all the hypo symptoms and went off. My story is a long one including everything I've done and all the eventual diagnosis (when I gave up on doctors who would do a physical and congratulate me on my clean bill of health, telling me to SMILE! You'll feel better). I recently found out that not everyone does well on Armour. Dr. Wilson has had patients for whom nothing else worked and after cycling off and on the T3 for a long time (in one case a year) it was their cure. We will see what I find out next week on the phone consultation. I'm anxious to see my results which she promised I could have. I also had two doctors tell me I had delayed reflexes which were a sign of low thyroid. One of them said he wouldn't treat me because my TSH was not high enough. :) Looking back at my TSH (wish I had the thyroid test my OBGYN did after the birth of my first born but I didn't know any of this then and was not getting copies of things) tests over the past 20 years or so, I was any where from 2.1-4.65 which is considered high by those in the know. Mainstream doctors won't touch you unless you are over 10.
I also had a doctor allow me to try Wilsons Syndrome like I said, but wouldn't allow me to stay on it. He was convinced I was allergic to ALL foods. I didn't agree with him then, and based on things I've tried, I don't agree with him now. LOL

wintagal

Hi CarolB and artlange,
This is a very interesting thread. I too have struggled to find a thyroid regimen that works for me. I tried Armour, T3 (up to 200 mcg per day but my pulse stayed below 70 and my temps didn't budge from 97.1). The T3 was horrible, I was depressed and miserable. I like T4 (200 mcg ) the best, but my temps don't improve. and I never lose a pound. Ever.
I take replacement cortisol and it helps my mood and energy. I'd like to take more as Dr Lindner's website suggests but I'm afraid of the side effects.
I did low carb for 5 years. I guess I'm a slow learner! Hypothyroid people with adrenal problems can NOT do low carb. I'm new to Peat but already feel better.
I am trying to lower my rT3 by clearing up infections. Had a root canal and I'm feeling better now that the infection is clearing up.
I hope you can get some improvement in your health also.

OP
C

CarolB

Hi CarolB and artlange,
This is a very interesting thread. I too have struggled to find a thyroid regimen that works for me. I tried Armour, T3 (up to 200 mcg per day but my pulse stayed below 70 and my temps didn't budge from 97.1). The T3 was horrible, I was depressed and miserable. I like T4 (200 mcg ) the best, but my temps don't improve. and I never lose a pound. Ever.
I take replacement cortisol and it helps my mood and energy. I'd like to take more as Dr Lindner's website suggests but I'm afraid of the side effects.
I did low carb for 5 years. I guess I'm a slow learner! Hypothyroid people with adrenal problems can NOT do low carb. I'm new to Peat but already feel better.
I am trying to lower my rT3 by clearing up infections. Had a root canal and I'm feeling better now that the infection is clearing up.
I hope you can get some improvement in your health also.
THANKS! I actually wrote a 14 page health history years ago that begins at birth. I condensed it to 7 pages at the urging of my chiropractor and have re done it several times over the years. I have a phone appointment tomorrow to go over my test results. We'll see where this leads. When the Armour didn't work I decided it wasn't thyroid as I thought that was the gold standard by those in the know. Only recently have I come back to thyroid/adrenal issues.Actually, I knew I still had adrenal issues even with all I've done. Will try and remember to get on here and post how my phone consult goes.

artlange

THANKS! I actually wrote a 14 page health history years ago that begins at birth. I condensed it to 7 pages at the urging of my chiropractor and have re done it several times over the years. I have a phone appointment tomorrow to go over my test results. We'll see where this leads. When the Armour didn't work I decided it wasn't thyroid as I thought that was the gold standard by those in the know. Only recently have I come back to thyroid/adrenal issues.Actually, I knew I still had adrenal issues even with all I've done. Will try and remember to get on here and post how my phone consult goes.
I'd guess that almost all randomly selected practitioners presented with your 7 page health life history would be overwhelmed and not know what to do or where to start. Until you discover for yourself and cure the root cause for your maladies, you will most likely not see any lasting relief. For most people the root cause for their sickness is improper nutrition. Your solution is most likely finding the proper nutrition suitable for your unique self. Asking some random practitioner to diagnose your condition and give you a magic bullet supplement is not too likely to be successful. A Peat inspired self experiment would be to eliminate those things that have been found to be harmful to all mammals (for example, all PUFAs, most starches and shortages of essential vitamins minerals) and include those foods and nutrients that have been found to increase the metabolism. Somewhere on this forum is a description of a peat inspired diet. I'd make sure my selected practitioner has the same philosophy of proper nutrition.

OP
C

CarolB

I'd guess that almost all randomly selected practitioners presented with your 7 page health life history would be overwhelmed and not know what to do or where to start. Until you discover for yourself and cure the root cause for your maladies, you will most likely not see any lasting relief. For most people the root cause for their sickness is improper nutrition. Your solution is most likely finding the proper nutrition suitable for your unique self. Asking some random practitioner to diagnose your condition and give you a magic bullet supplement is not too likely to be successful. A Peat inspired self experiment would be to eliminate those things that have been found to be harmful to all mammals (for example, all PUFAs, most starches and shortages of essential vitamins minerals) and include those foods and nutrients that have been found to increase the metabolism. Somewhere on this forum is a description of a peat inspired diet. I'd make sure my selected practitioner has the same philosophy of proper nutrition.

You have suggestions I haven't already tried? LOL I gave up on doctors and all the medical way of doing things after 13 diagnosis and trying everything under the sun. For over 10 years (been learning about whole foods since 97) I have focused on diet nutrition and have seen positive results, nothing has gotten me well. I could write a book on all the things I've done over the years. :): I know more than most people on all sorts of things. LOL

artlange

what Peat Inspired nutrients have you tried that did not work? Have you completely eliminated all PUFA's and severely limited starches?

OP
C

CarolB

what Peat Inspired nutrients have you tried that did not work? Have you completely eliminated all PUFA's and severely limited starches?
Send me a link to info on all that. Just got of the phone with the naturopath. My TSH was a little high but everything else looked good. She's going to try me on Naturethroid . We'll see since I was once on Armour. My testosterone was also low so we are going to do that through Women's International Pharmacy. Good news is that my adrenals look great which means something I have done has helped. My morning cortisol years ago was always low and I had an ACTH stim test that showed a problem. So I'm happy about that.

OP
C

CarolB

Send me a link to info on all that. Just got of the phone with the naturopath. My TSH was a little high but everything else looked good. She's going to try me on Naturethroid . We'll see since I was once on Armour. My testosterone was also low so we are going to do that through Women's International Pharmacy. Good news is that my adrenals look great which means something I have done has helped. My morning cortisol years ago was always low and I had an ACTH stim test that showed a problem. So I'm happy about that.

I looked up PUFAS. I gave up unhealthy fats years ago and only use olive and coconut oil. I've also followed Weston A. Price. Not sure what nutrients he recommends but I've probably done that as well. THANKS

artlange

It sounds like you have a good idea of what to do.

After I started NDT my TSH went from 2.96 to 0.04 which means the NDT was supplying more thyroid than my pituitary thought necessary. Nothing to panic about if you have that change in TSH. My waking temp kept going up for the last few months with the NDT. My daytime temp is still low and I will soon start Steve Richfield's FixLowBodyTemp.com protocol. I bought T2 on line (not regulated in US by FDA).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals