World's Strongest Man Hafthor Bjornsson And Stan Efferding Follow Many Of Peat's Ideas

i wonder if his steroids are peaty.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but that's a great question. I'd venture a guess they are Peaty. He knows how bad estrogen is. He's also very strong, so he probably takes some sort of DHT derivative along with probably Testosterone. Idk much about steroids but yeah, that's my guess.

Eric Yim

I've seen his videos and noticed similarities before. Such as increasing metabolic efficiency so you can eat more calories whilst not gaining fat. Hopefully as Peat's ideas gain acceptance he receives the recognition he deserves, and isn't overshadowed by various internet personas.
Stan has mentioned how he has taken over 100 blood tests in the past 2 years so experimentation is extremely strong with his beliefs as are Mr Peat's.

OP
Insaneacinamide
Talk about taking generative energy to the extreme's, Hafthor Bjornsson won 2018 world strong man competition last weekend. Brian Shaw came 3rd but just a 1 point difference between 2nd/3rd place.
2018 World's Strongest Man - Wikipedia

Hafthor is the only person to win the Arnold strongman classic, Europe's strongest man, and world's strongest man in the same year.

Talk about taking generative energy to the extreme's, Hafthor Bjornsson won 2018 world strong man competition last weekend. Brian Shaw came 3rd but just a 1 point difference between 2nd/3rd place.
2018 World's Strongest Man - Wikipedia

Hafthor is the only person to win the Arnold strongman classic, Europe's strongest man, and world's strongest man in the same year.

Not to mention he plays The Mountain in Game of Thrones. The thing that gives me pause about his health though, is what happened to his face. I remember watching or reading it was due to something "benign" and that it would go back to normal, but how normal can something be if it paralyzes half your face .

InChristAlone

Yeah I really enjoyed the video interview of Stan talking about diet.

-5+ meals a day esp from beef(steak)/white rice, maybe potatoes or low gas veggies... cannot recall if fruits were mentioned.

Muscle meat and white rice are not Peaty, especially daily. If fruits weren't mentioned as you said then that is also not Peaty at all.

I don't know much on Kresser but I assume he might share some of Peat's ideas?

No. When Danny Roddy left Kresser in 2011, Kresser called him and Peat quacks or something similar.

-blood tests
-increasing metabolism
-short, intense lifting.
-importance of sleep
-importance of minerals/vitamins

I find it so strange that many people call things Peaty that are just normal human things and also call things Peaty in terms of food that are definitely not. Walking with two feet is now Peaty. Breathing is now Peaty. Taking a s**t is now Peaty.

Aaron

I guarantee that a lot of his info is derived from Ray Peat and this forum. Frequently recommends raw carrot, fruit and fructose, sodium, low dose iodine, higher body temperature, eating foods that are easy to digest (with an emphasis on extreme athleticism and bodybuilding, which is the main diversion from Peat's ideas), and frowns on long-distance cardio due to the catabolic stress on the body. He is also a big fan of drinking milk and eating good quality steaks, even though he neglects things like liver and gelatin afaik.

InChristAlone

Yeah he is definitely Peat inspired. Raw carrots and fructose increasing metabolism and stimulating the liver I mean who else in fitness sys those things besides Peat inspired practitioners! Maybe he follows Kitty, or Josh Rubin or Kate Deering.

OP
Insaneacinamide
Muscle meat and white rice are not Peaty, especially daily. If fruits weren't mentioned as you said then that is also not Peaty at all.

Can you please link quotes/audio where Peat has said this? I cannot find anywhere Peat saying do not eat muscle meat or white rice.

Fruits were mentioned in Stan's diet, but I could not edit my post.

If you hear what Peat eats in a day on various audio interviews he usually mentions steak, ribs, or some type of animal protein. Along with other foods of course. Maybe you have a bad metabolism and cannot handle Meats. Many people here can.

"If a person eats a large serving of meat, it's probably helpful to have 5 or 10 grams of gelatin at approximately the same time, so that the amino acids enter the blood stream in balance."
Gelatin, stress, longevity

Stan uses gelatin from beef/chicken stock.

"Mexicans, despite their low average income, have a very high per capita consumption of meat, as do several other Latin American countries. Argentina has a per capita meat consumption of nearly a pound a day. There is a lot of theorizing about the role of meat in causing cancer, for example comparing Japan's low mortality from prostate cancer, and their low meat consumption, with the high prostate cancer mortality in the US, which has a higher meat consumption. But Argentina and Mexico's prostate cancer mortality ranks very favorably with Japan's.

If meat consumption in the US contributes to the very high cancer rate, it clearly isn't the quantity of meat consumed, but rather the quality of the meat."
Meat physiology, stress, and degenerative physiology.

"Many people advocate a low protein diet, specifically to prevent or treat osteoporosis, but the cultures that traditionally have had extremely high protein diets, such as the Masai, are very healthy. Recent studies (see Bell and Whiting, 2002) are emphasizing the importance of animal protein in preventing osteoporosis. "
Calcium and Disease: Hypertension, organ calcification, & shock, vs. respiratory energy

"Sarah: How much meat, grains, whole grains or legumes would be the maximum to eat in a day?

Peat: Probably something like half a pound would be tolerable."
https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/kmud-phosphate-and-calcium-metablolism-2012.6392/
This is probably half pound of either 1 or them all mixed weight. Also probably an amount for a sedentary senior citizen.

"If a half-pound of steak is eaten, it would probably be reasonable to have about 20 grams of gelatin at approximately the same time. Even a higher ratio of gelatin to muscle meat might be preferable."
Tryptophan, serotonin, and aging

"(Grass-fed organic beef fresh from a local farm would be a reasonable choice.) Unfortunately, the meat industry has maximized all of those dangers, just for the increased weight of their product. "

I find it so strange that many people call things Peaty that are just normal human things and also call things Peaty in terms of food that are definitely not. Walking with two feet is now Peaty. Breathing is now Peaty. Taking a s**t is now Peaty.
All those things mentioned Peat has talked about positively in various kmud interviews.
Ironically the last KMUD interview was called "Positive thinking, Sleep, and Repair".
https://raypeatforum.com/community/...sitive-thinking-sleep-and-repair.24386/unread
I don't find you to be a positive person.

Last edited:

Carrum

Maybe he follows Kitty, or Josh Rubin or Kate Deering.
From page 1 of this thread. :)
Well, after watching more of Stan's videos I saw a recent podcast of him where he mentions Dr Ray Peat :D
@1:09:20

Welcome to the cult Stan :cool:

Here is part 2 of the other seminar vid in my first post:

A few new vids
(mentions Peat in the seminar vid)

I emailed Stan a while back and he told me he's read every article on Ray Peat's website. Great guy, he knows what he's talking about

InChristAlone

From page 1 of this thread. :)
Thanks, I was just thinking from some of his recommendations he must follow some of the Peat Trainers too.

facesavant

Can you please link quotes/audio where Peat has said this? I cannot find anywhere Peat saying do not eat muscle meat or white rice.

Fruits were mentioned in Stan's diet, but I could not edit my post.

If you hear what Peat eats in a day on various audio interviews he usually mentions steak, ribs, or some type of animal protein. Along with other foods of course. Maybe you have a bad metabolism and cannot handle Meats. Many people here can.

"If a person eats a large serving of meat, it's probably helpful to have 5 or 10 grams of gelatin at approximately the same time, so that the amino acids enter the blood stream in balance."
Gelatin, stress, longevity

Stan uses gelatin from beef/chicken stock.

"Mexicans, despite their low average income, have a very high per capita consumption of meat, as do several other Latin American countries. Argentina has a per capita meat consumption of nearly a pound a day. There is a lot of theorizing about the role of meat in causing cancer, for example comparing Japan's low mortality from prostate cancer, and their low meat consumption, with the high prostate cancer mortality in the US, which has a higher meat consumption. But Argentina and Mexico's prostate cancer mortality ranks very favorably with Japan's.

If meat consumption in the US contributes to the very high cancer rate, it clearly isn't the quantity of meat consumed, but rather the quality of the meat."

"Many people advocate a low protein diet, specifically to prevent or treat osteoporosis, but the cultures that traditionally have had extremely high protein diets, such as the Masai, are very healthy. Recent studies (see Bell and Whiting, 2002) are emphasizing the importance of animal protein in preventing osteoporosis. "
Calcium and Disease: Hypertension, organ calcification, & shock, vs. respiratory energy

"Sarah: How much meat, grains, whole grains or legumes would be the maximum to eat in a day?

Peat: Probably something like half a pound would be tolerable."
KMUD: Phosphate And Calcium Metablolism (2012)
This is probably half pound of either 1 or them all mixed weight. Also probably an amount for a sedentary senior citizen.

"If a half-pound of steak is eaten, it would probably be reasonable to have about 20 grams of gelatin at approximately the same time. Even a higher ratio of gelatin to muscle meat might be preferable."
Tryptophan, serotonin, and aging

"(Grass-fed organic beef fresh from a local farm would be a reasonable choice.) Unfortunately, the meat industry has maximized all of those dangers, just for the increased weight of their product. "

All those things mentioned Peat has talked about positively in various kmud interviews.
Ironically the last KMUD interview was called "Positive thinking, Sleep, and Repair".
KMUD: 6-15-2018 Positive Thinking, Sleep, And Repair
I don't find you to be a positive person.
I completely agree about meat quality in the US vs many other countries. I believe it has to do with steer's being grass fed, no vaccinations and non aged beef before consumption. I have found only one farm that say's they do not age their beef, however they said it will still take a week to reach consumers. I haven't tried them yet.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom